Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Actually you're being completely nonsensical, again. As Trump is NOT BEING TREATED FOR HAVING COVID19 BUT IS CLAIMING TO USE IS AS A PROPHYLACTIC. That entire SHAM ARGUMENT is exposed for what it is. It's not treatment. You're absurd in that you are either completely unaware of the facts or you are intentionally distorting them for reasons I could only speculate. Trump ADVOCATING folks take this as a PREVENTIVE, is stupid. You have zero factual or any medical source that will vouch for Trump or your defense of it. Now, please stop misleading and misinforming these good folks here. It's the least you can do. I mean, really I wasn't expecting much from someone who ASSERTS as FACT ET have visited the Earth. Please do better, your word salad might mislead a few, but your equating Trump and person being Treated for Lupus as equivalent , is absurd. One actually has a disease and a scientifically valid reason for using it. Trump, based on the science, does not. Simple concise fact. Yawn.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Wow....just utterly amazing you know better than literally over a 150 years of research on disease spread then you assert as fact it is a global conspiracy to prevent what, your ability to kill others? I didn't think you were this much of a loon. Sorry, but I cannot see your irrational post in any other light. I don't give a F about you being sick and tired. This crap can kill someone like me. F you.

toyo likes this.
  3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Another sheep who believes what he is told, good..

You do know that many other things can kill, not just Corona, fear will kill you if you keep living in fear.

jbscotchman likes this.
  4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Heavy Hemi, when you are told to jump off the cliff, you will obey. You will do what you are told, seems you don't care about human rights and the meaning of freedom to live a normal life without someone telling you how to live your life & to have control over you.

I also thought you were wiser but your not. Nothing to be surprised about...

Continue living in fear for the rest of your life your choice...

jbscotchman likes this.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    There's no evidence it can treat covid-19. A remedy is a treatment, make up your mind.
    Trump has said HCQ is harmless, that the negative studies are "Trump enemy statements". He claims thousands of the frontlines are taking it as a preventive measure.
    We had this exact discussion a month ago, no need for a repeat.

And I was asking jbscotchman to defend his reasoning. Which he refuses to do. He went silent on me, but he still comes in here to give likes to conspiracy jibberish. I feel like we're done here.

I have no issues with prescribed medicine that has documented effects.

XP-200 likes this.
  6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I am gonna regret this

with what goal? You're lightening the current tone with a what come across as the pure laughable ramblings of a semi mad man but have failed to actually tell us what the goal of all this is.

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    As I stated before, keep this thread civil or it will be closed.
    It is so hard to present your arguments without calling names and use profanity?
    It amazes me, guys with higher IQ than average citizen, able to understand and tweak the minutiae of computers system and yet unable to speak civil to each other.
    @kanej2007, you realise that you can say the same arguments with better judgement and vocabulary? I am sure you do.
    I remind you that this forum is what we make of it and this thread was started with compassion and concerns about people who suffer this new illness and many died.
    Also, keep in mind that we can assume and extrapolate to infinity and beyond, yet we don't know so much about Covid 19. We are starting to find pieces of the puzzle, we are far from seeing the while picture. As first crude telescope was pointed at the stars, modern technology showed is how ignorant we were back then and we still are. So with this new illness.
    And for the sake of those who passed away, let's keep the conspiracy theories to another thread.

jbscotchman, Mufflore and XP-200 like this.
  8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    What makes me laugh is the stupidity of people when they bring up arguments about cancer, car accident, AIDS, heart attacks, diarrhoea, suicide, dementia and many other such causes of death.

Only, you can't just catch any of those walking round the park, or being in close contact with others. Covid-19 you can. How do these people not understand the difference?

I had a discussion with someone recently who said they were going over to their mate's to watch UFC 249 and they can't wait. When I questioned their decision, they asked me if I knew how many people die from cancer every year. I gave up on that conversation right away.

Solfaur, toyo and XP-200 like this.
  9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    We don't know the true cause of death, there is no proof & I believe that many deaths were nothing to do with Covid.

You have your opinion, I have mine, simple.

I won't say anymore as it's pointless & won't get anywhere...

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Science is not an opinion.The fact people like you have the right to vote is an opinion. I really hope you - and all the people like you - will try on your skin and on your dears what you are talking about and get refused by your collapsed healthcare system, at least you will understand how stupid you are. What you are writing is simply disgusting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborne_disease

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Solfaur, toyo and anticupidon like this.

11. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    This is how some people cope with chaos. They invent a narrative that someone is actually in control, and if we fight the power hard enough, we could overcome. It's a way of not feeling so helpless. Spreading the narrative is the only way to build hope.

toyo likes this.
  12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Having both my uncle and aunt fighting in Covid-19 units, and listening to their heart- ripping stories and crying over choices they made ( die or live) was a life changing experience.
    And the horrors of families dying in different floors of the same hospital without even knowing or not having the opportunity of the last words or farewells for the ones that passed away was a humbling experience to the core.
    How many doctors and nurses died from the flu? So no, it's not the flu and please be more open minded that we just don't know.
    The very fact that we don't know should spark the interest in finding out and having reserved opinions. Yet some claim this and that.

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis

But no this is just me being negative is it not? Sorry for not indulging in your superstitions.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    If that's the way you feel then you might as well live in a plastic bubble the rest of your life. Which is totally your choice, I'm not gonna hate on it.

15. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Totalitarian state BTW:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-closing-nearly-four-months-coronavirus.html

Stop moaning about your freedoms already, you'll get them back. You have no idea what being deprived of your freedoms is, and yeah, I do, because I actually was in the streets as a child with my mother, overthrowing a totalitarian regime in Romania, and facing the tanks and the army.

It's embarrassing how weak and always complaining humanity is starting to be. Kids when I was at school were fighting who to get our vaccine first, so we're done with the annoying things and can return to sports and fun. The lockdowns and the measures to combat the pandemic are just that, a mild inconvenience, it will pass in mere months. Next year you won't even remember this.

kanej2007 and Solfaur like this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Whoa.. That kind of mindset to me is more troubling and frightening than any virus. And I understand that you grew up in a totalitarian regime, I just don't want it to ever happen in the first place and the only way to prevent that is by challenging authority.

RzrTrek and Brasky like this.
  17. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Common dude, it's transparent.
    You did zero challenging of the authority that promoted HCQ. You only care to challenge authority when it happens that authority is from an opposing political conviction.
    Also, you'll be fine. Toughen up a bit, eh? If China is returning the freedoms, you'll get yours back too.
    Not to mention almost everywhere things are opening up, so I don't really see the reasons about the endless moaning.
    I could really make this my life philosophy when you think of it. Anti-moaning activist. There are few things more annoying than people that are in a pretty cozy situation, able to post on the web, play games and the sort, moaning, and moaning, and moaning about "rights", when others are homeless in the streets with nothing or in war.

Solfaur likes this.
  18. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    jbscotchman likes this.
  19. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    HK was China's for millennia. It's like the US "taking over" California. Without British colonialism, there would not be a HK situation.
    Are you OK with separatism and secessionism?

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I don't see anything about China using the pandemic to take over. They were well under way before the pandemic came. If anything it just delayed the inevitable.
    Either way, the Chinese are pragmatic. With enough pressure they'll back off just enough to cool things down.

More troubling than any virus? Do you know what the bubonic plague is? Guess how we got rid of it. Washing and quarantining.

And do remind me, which authority are you challenging?

toyo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.