BSoD then more fun

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tsunami231, May 21, 2020.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Re edited cause I have bad habbit of spell checking and reading what i typed AFTER i post

So I woke up today went to browse my usual webpages, guru3d,redit etc Got some driver not equal error. 1st BSoD with Windows 10 and this system. when windows was done with dump I restart pc.

Well Bios didnt even load just sat on Asrock Screen. 3 reboot later load automatic system recovery poped up on the asrock screen it did nothing no loading no nothing. I managed to get in bios no sooner then I got into bios it froze, I had not choice again but force restart the asrock logo was now show artifacts, and I could no longer get into bios.

So open up the case look at the board it was cycling threw 4c 00 19 code, found out my board (asrock z170 extreme 4) had 2 bios, so I switched to it started it up, no picture no loading board just had 55 code. so I shut pc down again switched back to bios 1 and cleared cmos cmos and restarted again, nothing no image no loading, shut it down again switch back to bios 2 same thing as first time switch to bios 2, shut down and switch back to bios 1 and cleared cmos again.

This time it booted up screen notified me the cmos was cleared. So I preceded to set everything back up. was able to get back to windows, This then found out I had CMS enable bios and not disabled cause when it disable I see no image on my monitor not even the bios, image only showed when when CMS is enabled. so I had to reset cmos yet again just to be able to see my bios screen and post screen.

I have since Flash 7.50 bios update cause I was still sitting on 3.20. And only reason I did bios update was cause I suspected Bios some how got corrupted. ( but hey i found out i have 2 bios, not that the 2 bios booted)

Now i have zero idea what caused this, Only thing I did in past few days was install CU KB4556799. or why what happen happen to bios, now I worried the board might be going, if cmos/bios just got corrupt the flashing should of fixed it.

Anyone have similar issue and what as end out come? I really dont want to have to rebuild my pc, gona do some stress test and see what happens.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I would understand if CU caused this right after installation, but after several days - strange delay.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It makes sense if it involves corruption of the fast startup state.

The boot following an update doesn't use it.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Read reports of people have the update and everything was for like month then it started.

Fast state is disable.

Everything I tried so far to uninstall the update has failed if done threw wusa it say the update is needed and cant be uninstall, if I look for the update threw DISM it find no such update. I tried install the update manualy to see if uninstall function would return but it wont install cause it already installed

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Many things can happen in month time span.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont knnow the stuff I read said he was fine for month then BSOD started and soon as he removed KB4556799 they stop. weather one beleive this is up to person, I at this point want it to be KB4556799 cause I dont want it to be hardward issue related to mobo/ram/cpu as i dont perticiual want to be replace parts for new system

I gona keep eye on it, but stress test I did with full load on cpu and all but 700mb of 16gb ram were loaded and ran fine with no issue or error, and window memory test came back fine too. Still want to remove KB4556799 but I cant for some reason. and this bsod happen with minute of browsing the web.

which inturn lead to other issue, which atm are fixed I hope

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    more strangeness, which i assuming it cause of bios change from 3.20 to 7.50

Prior to update, I had intel speed stepping disable in bios, and windows was set 100% maxium /minimum processor state.

Cpu ran 4ghz (base clock) when idle and once load was put on it it switch to 4.2ghz and stayed there till the to the load was gone.

As of 7.50 I need Intel Speed stepping enable for boost to 4.2ghz to work, but it stay at 4.2ghz all the time, IF i disable Intel Speed stepping cpu run base clock all the time.

is there setting I can use in get the old behavior back via the bios? where load it boosts to 4.2ghz and when it idle it drops back to base clock of 4ghz

I want base clock 4ghz all the time and when there load it boost to 4.2ghz I dont want to be changing window power setting cause I dont want drop bellow base clock

Last edited: May 22, 2020