Das Keyboard Offers A refresh to its 4C Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 12, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I really like the aesthetics of this one, however, a real shame it's not hot-swappable. Mx Brown is a disgusting switch (imo).

Nevertheless, PBT keycaps are a major plus.

3. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    i've owned the regular das keyboard 4 and it was the absolute worst mechanical keyboard i ever owned, such low quality components.

This 4c version propperply had the legends laser etched or printed on the caps to save cost. Id be suprised if they used double shot as das keyboard tends to go for the cheapest options.

Stay clear of this if you want quality.

4. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    I have the K95 platinum , that HH gifted in a giveaway . Best keyboard ever ... Aparat for driver problems , the K95 is a work of art . Bought from Corsair PBT keycaps and the feeling is amazing .

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    As always it depend your need and habit, for me brown is one of the MX in where i am the fastest and the more silent in typing.
    My GF only use speed silver and never ever made a misstype with it (she is the only person i know that use those without error).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For those who like pink she have this one but in ISO, actualy mine is the same but in one shot (mixed MX type depending key, and purple/black color)
    My tall one use red and before i put O-ring it was loud toc toc toc all day long (gaming teenager... you know...)

Das Keyboard is a very good brand of keyboard (and are generaly in many type of switch to make everyone happy)

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Speed silver is even more disgusting.

Overall at the very least you should lube them. O-rings makes the keystroke mushy and it only silences the downstroke, not the upstroke.

To fix that you need something like QMX Clips, they silence both downstroke and upstroke without the mustiness drawback. As for switches, I would recommend going for Zealpc switches, they have a large variety.
    But for that, you need either a hot-swappable board or you need to manually solder/desolder.

rl66 likes this.
  7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    I hate the speed silver myself too, but it fit how she type.
    For the red of the tall one the problem is the downstroke only, he use the keyboard like we used an arcade joystick and button in the 70'/80' after the O-ring solution there is no more "noise" from his room... inexpensive and very usefull.
    Your solution is also possible but way too expensive for his keyboard (teenager destroy keyboard very fast lol) :)

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    "He"? You refer to your son I assume?

Get him a model M, that will destroy the owner sooner than the latter destroys the keyboard. :D

rl66 likes this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    yes lol, but for him Razer and Corsair are the only cool brand.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    And both are trash - Razer especially. Disgusting brand.

If you/he wants something that is quite "cool", get him GMMK (should be the easiest one to get your hands on, as some other modular keyboards are pricier/harder to get). I use this one for switch testing, but overall a very nice and minimalistic board.

They allow you to order just the board by itself, this allows you to use any compatible aftermarket switches + a plethora of keycaps to go with.

For instance, right now I'm typing this on NovelKeys Cream Switches that are lubed, such a lovely all-rounder switch.