GeForce Hotfix Driver version 445.98

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Apr 24, 2020.

1. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    .98 Modern warfare unplayable due to dev errors, .87 is the only release in the last couple dev error free.

2. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    No errors or crashes with .98 and MW here at all.

3. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    Just an update on my issue. Instead of going through all the drivers. Instead I did a clean install of windows just stayed on the latest version instead of insider version and reinstalled everything from scratch. Well I’m pleased to say I’m currently using this 445.98 driver and everything looks as it should, in fact it’s never looked better. Glad to have it fixed. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  4. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I don't know why, if it's just me but, with the Hotfix i seem to have less performance and more FPS drops on Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey, i finished these games years ago, but i have been playing them for the past month so is not a comparison vs years ago.

Could it be the shader cache fix? I remember them performing about the same thing as now with the Hotfix, maybe slightly better, but before the hotfix they were butter smooth, even if i compared them to 2018.

I did notice some distant rendering sometimes being blurry but very rare before the Hotfix tho.

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Slightly off-topic question, but didn't want to start a new thread just to ask it. Anyone know if nVidia is planning to introduce DLSS technology to older titles via the control panel? I just upgraded from a GTX 1070 to the RTX 2070 Super and would love to use DLSS with games like Assassin's Creed Origin and Witcher 3, etc. It would make a world of difference to those games. Or is this technology only viable on newer titles and it has to be game implemented?

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    It is not up to Nvidia, the game Dev has to add support for it and it comes most handy when RTX is also enabled.
    I guess they could patch just DLSS w/o RTX but I wouldn't expect that to happen on older games unless just released recently.

Blackfyre and Gandul like this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats whacked, glad its fixed.

Might have been some odd issue that others have found removing the monitor device and others ghosted in the device manager to fix.

8. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6950XT
    These 445.98 hotfix drivers have caused DCS World to crash randomly. Crash logs indicated this too. IL-2 Sturmovik - The Great Battles has also suffered from crashes with this driver. Basically only games I play so easy to verify. DDU + back to latest WHQL it seems.

9. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Big user of DCS World 2.5.6 here, best drivers have been 442.74 or 442.59.

Flanker35M likes this.
  10. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6950XT
    Thanks Mustang104! Will try them out. Can't wait for the new DCS planes to come :)

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I don't know if the driver caused lower fps in Heroes of The Storm. with the older driver I had much more when there were many things happening. but now it's lower. 4K Windowed Full Screen

NVM : Don't put Opcache on Enabled.. leave it Auto. it cuts down the FPS by 50% omg..
    instead 270fps on just black area I get only limited to 120fps. and that's on 1024x768 resolution lol. so this is the easiest way to find if it's CPU limited or GPU. 1 single bios setting can cut down fps so much lol.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  12. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Don't use Gforce Experience but sometimes when i reboot the Nvidia Control Panel does not load happened about 3 times? Reboot fixes it.

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We can't force DLSS onto games that do not support it. DLSS still requires the game developer to add support for it.

angelgraves13 and Blackfyre like this.
  14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    That's odd. When this happens, have you checked the device manager to make sure the GPU doesn't show any error codes?

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The displaydriver service might also have hung if the user has logged in too fast after reaching the password screen.

16. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    @ManuelG
    Will check if happens again.

17. didamangi

didamangi Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    @ManuelG Any progress on the Sunset Overdrive depth of field bug? Still happening on this latest hotfix.

18. uggis007

uggis007 Guest

GPU:
    2x2080ti
    I have a problem with shadow of tomb raider. And I wonder if it’s a driver issue?
    When I start the game from steam I get the first window up, where I can change the settings or start the game.
    when I start the game, the screen goes black and I see the mouse courser, after some seconds the black screen disappears and I get the steam windows again. I have tried and uninstall the game and deleted the files from my documents and reinstalled the game. Same issue.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    disable a card.

20. uggis007

uggis007 Guest

GPU:
    2x2080ti
    thanks for answering. But can you explain why this can can fix my problem?