NVIDIA DirectX Ultimate Developer Preview Driver [450.82]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Apr 17, 2020.

1. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Yeah brightness complete off and they are instable yes. I gess i might go to the last game ready driver.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this is true, fill out the linked survey and include your monitors, mainboard, bios, etc, all that stuff matters to getting a reproduction.

Herochild and dexterav like this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I am serious and kind. But I kinda can't take you serious. You're just making claims. When I make an assertion of fact of something, I provide evidence. You, being new, have ZERO track record. The only track record you have now does not extend beyond blurting out you're a pro player. Seems kinda like a serious issue. Oh well.

4. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I was able to reproduce the flickering issue.
    It happens when you're in Chrome and you minimize or restore a non-maximized window in front of it.

BlackScout likes this.

5. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    This sounds dirty...

6. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    Just to let you know that I'm a dunce. When I installed these drivers I forgot to globally enforce vsync in nvcp like I always do. That's what you get when you install drivers at 3am. MPC-HC + madvr working like always, no more tearing x)

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. tayyar

tayyar Member

GPU:
    A gtx 970 can chuck out hundreds of frames in USF4, which is a game that needs to be a strict 60 FPS (infact, its ingame smoothed FPS setting breaks game mechanics, fixed 60 fps should be selected - and even blurbuster's rtss -0.07 framerate to reduce lag trick doesn't work), not like the FPS games where you need hundreds.

And to back his claim, it's immediately feelable even if a single frame is late. I mean IMMEDIATELY. Not an exaggeration.

Go try a Sako's e.ryu combo on Rufus, if you usually pull it off and if there's an added 1 frame of lag, all your timings will be off, you won't even be able to do quarter of it since you need muscle memory to pull it off.

Covid19 is right about the concept but I didn't try this driver.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    tiliarou likes this.
  8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I'm perfectly well aware of frame pacing issues. All I asked for was evidence of his claims. 1 frame of lag is 16.6 ms. at 60hz Yes of course, if you have a frame pacing issue where your success is dependent on timing, that's an issue.

9. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Nobody seemed to care, but FWIW, the flickering issue in Chrome with these drivers is resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome's settings.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that's not a resolution.

tiliarou and cryohellinc like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Bug bash request!

Can users with maxwell, pascal or turing graphics test several DX9 applications with FSO disabled, and DSR enabled in nvcp?

Looking specifically for a condition where the game just crashes on start, or if not before reaching the main menu.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  12. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    Update
    after update to v19619.1000 crash gone, 19041.208 still crashing

13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I upgraded from a GTX 1070 to an RTX 2070, so I have been playing some old games. Both with this driver and with 450.12, with Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling enabled. The frame-time in Assassin's Creed Origin is super stable. The game never runs super smooth at 1440p, Ultra settings everything (CPU is a 4790K @ 4.6Ghz). With the exception of one BIG spike dip that happens around every 5 to 10 minutes, it lasts about 2 to 5 seconds where the game pretty much completely stops, basically framerate drops to 0, and then comes back to 60fps and continues on until this instance happens again. But in between those drops, the game runs smoother than I've experienced before.

No such issue happens with the 445.98 driver for example, which does not have the Scheduling feature, even with hours of continuous play, however, the frametimes are not as stable; meaning every now and then while exploring the world, the frames fluctuate between 50 and 60 fps, up and down, most of the time it's stable at 60, but not as stable as the 450.12 & 450.82 with Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling enabled.

If anyone has this game, give it a test and see if you notice similar results of actual noticeable improvements to minimum FPS, and if this spike drop happens every 5 to 10 minutes.

This is the first time I have noticed an actual improvement with these drivers over prior ones, and it's very promising, at least for those of us with new RTX Cards, but older CPU's that are impacted by a lower than usual minimum FPS (lower 1%) compared to higher end current generation CPU's when combined with the RTX cards.

I will go back to 445.98 now, as it doesn't have this big spike drop in performance every x amount of minutes. But yeah I just wanted to report this for anyone interested and can test with AA Origins.

Of course both these drivers are experimental, so it might actually be more stable whenever nVidia does release this batch of drivers officially. Not in a hurry like some people here lol

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Pascal/Turing users, please in any D3D9 title,

Disable FSO on game properties
    Enable DSR
    Enable GPU Scheduling

Test to see if the game crashes at start.

If it does, fill out https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA with the name of the game.
    If it doesn't, fill out the name of game here in the forum so when the bug is opened i can pass on what games the engineers should not be looking at.

tiliarou likes this.
  15. Slonyara

Slonyara Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 8 GB
    Is Evoland: Legendary Edition a D3D9 title? It doesn't crash with the settings you specified.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Evoland doesn't have exclusive fullscreen.

17. SKIBA

SKIBA Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 S / 6 GB
    Anyone have a direct link to the driver? I don't want to set up an account to test.

18. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  19. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
  20. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    man, the detail on these Quadro drivers is amazing! ;)

janos666 likes this.