GeForce Hotfix Driver version 445.98

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    It doesn’t make a difference. Still dull. 422 makes text blurry too. I’m using a 1.4 displayport cable 2080ti

2. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    I’m using full RGB 10bit.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Don't suppose your monitor has a hdmi port?
    If it works over HDMI then it would be a bug specific to DP and probably affects those gsync hdr gaming displays too

4. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    yes i’ll try. i’ve just downgraded to previous driver aswell. o_O

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    For my LG OLED TV I must do this to use HDR correctly. I don't know about monitors.

In Nvidia Contro Panel I need to change from RGB 8bit to YCbCr 4:2:0 12bit Limited. The reason I need to change is that when I use RGB FULL then it screw with the blacks. Also, another thing with HDR with 445.98 you need to go Full Screen once for HDR to really work if you use NV HDR. if you use RGB 8bit then every time you exit Full Screen the HDR gets disabled. when using YCbCr 4:2:0 12bit it doesn't happen, it stays HDR mode even when going out of Full Screen. Anyway, for my TV I must change to Limited, and when I do that any way I change to have full support in HDR. This is the correct way for Movies and Games, if you do any other way then you are not watching it correctly.

So when I play SDR Games I use RGB 8bit FULL
    When HDR Games and Movies I change to YCbCr 4:2:0 12bit Limited

So Nvidia HDR how it works now is FINE! 445.98

6. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    Still dull. Although I am limited to 8bit and 60hz over hdmi.

7. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    what about full screen optimisations? on/off?

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Windows hdr should do dithered 8bit hdr with any game requesting hdr and in an optimized presentation mode.

I just wanted to check with any x99/haswell users if they encountered a DPC Watchdog Violation at all with these?

9. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    I’ve tried everything now. 8-bit 10-bit hdmi/ displayport. fullscreen optimisations on/off. full RGB/ 4.2.2/4.4.4 nothing makes it bright and colourful like the previous drivers.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Whats the make and model of your monitor, i'll dig and see if others are seeing it, if there are reddit posts of affected users i'll forward them on to the survey to get it mass reported.

11. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    It’s a 49" SAMSUNG CRG9 DUAL QHD CURVED QLED GAMING MONITOR. Thanks

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No, you're misreading my post entirely. It has ZERO do to with games and how it is implemented. As I clearly said, the DEFAULT WINDOWS SETTING IN THE CONTROL PANEL FOR DESKTOP SETTINGS, HAS FULL RGB GREYED OUT. IT IS FORCED TO LIMITED. YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT. You also must use the DEFAULT mode in the NVCP to enable HDR in Windows settings. If you use the Nvidia settings in the NVCP, it disables these options in WIndows. I mean, have you even tried any of this at all?

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the sRGB profile selector on the screen where you turn HDR on and off has sweet f a to do with whether limited vs full does anything, and you're ignoring the fact that NVAPI HDR doesn't give a toss what the windows graphics options are set to, NVAPI will change the format right from beneath the system, hence why 10bit desktop performs like absolute arse if you try to use it with anything running on the compositor.

The Windows setting page is literally just this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Well this is disheartening
    And this kinda confirms what i was saying about Chroma Subsampling

so a bug that breaks everything else on this monitor makes ACC look good, then once its fixed ACC goes to crap again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/cg62ok/i_was_wrong_samsung_crg9_hdr_is_busted/

So far from what i'm seeing, its only windows hdr usage that is actually screwed on this monitor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...d/samsung_crg9_hdr_still_washy_washy_any_fix/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/bmd7t4/hdr_on_crg9_is_pretty_damn_good/

Is your monitor on Firmware 1.0.0.4?
    https://org.downloadcenter.samsung....145622648/C49RG90_Firmware.exe.exe&OriginYN=N

Also Radeon user here: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/s...g-hdr-issues-in-win-10-today-i-solved.429793/

https://www.reddit.com/user/Brcinsk...g_crg9_hdr_fix_at_least_better_colors_for_me/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/c0sqbl/samsung_crg9_owner_protips/

15. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    Yes I’m 1.0.0.4 it was already on there when I bought it. (Christmas time). This is what I’ve set nvcp to.

Desktop color depth: Highest (32-bit) Output color depth: 10 bpc
    Output color format: RGB
    Output dynamic range: Full

ps. Thanks for trying to help me

16. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    Can you tell me when these hdr issues came into these drivers maybe I can go back to a previous driver that didn’t have issues and see what the image looks like then?

I’ve tried the last couple of days

Bright image, colourful

Dull, colourless

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    FWIW managed another crash free session so I'm guessing whatever was the cause it was a one-off.
    Perhaps shader cache was corrupted or something, previous driver version had the cache purging bug and the crash did happen on first run since switching drivers.

18. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    On an LG 27UK650W I have never experienced variations in the way HDR looks with the drivers you listed, maybe the games I play are not affected.
    This is over displayport 4K 60Hz 10bit RGB 4:4:4 full dynamic range.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats when it started i believe

I've tagged Simon in a message asking him if the windows team have tested the CRG9 for windows hdr issues, and passed the reddit urls with the most posts over to Manuel,

if you've already submitted feedback theres now atleast data going back 12 months to show issues have followed this panel where windows hdr is concerned to attach to the report and make a bug.

Badgerslayer7 likes this.
  20. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    Ok thanks. I’m just going back to 442.01 and then working my way back up again. Will let you know. Thanks