Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I will wait for 20.4.2 WHQL

G13Homi and Strange Times like this.
  2. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    I will wait for wddm 2.7 WHQL

OnnA, G13Homi, Max and 1 other person like this.
  3. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    I had no problem at all since 20.4 came out in my Vega64, but only after I stopped playing The Division 2, there are some work to be done there ( HBCC related, in my case), and I see I wasn't the only one complaining about the driver on that title. But I'm glad to say I don't have a Black Screen for a long time, and I had It almost everyday before. They did deliver.

OnnA likes this.
  4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Has anyone tried to bring up GameBar recently? It's completely different now from days past.
    I had it disabled for a long time. So I decided to try it and didn't notice the stutter I use to get with it on. It only took them 3 years to get it semi right.

The last time it did work right for me was the release version of 1709.

Anyway, I mentioned it to say if some have it enabled and didn't even realize it was working in the background while playing. You can hit Win + G in game to see if it comes up or not.

PrEzi likes this.

5. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    so it seems AMD removed support for RX Vega M GH now....

from driver 20.4.1

AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.4.1-Apr2\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\C0353575.inf

it has support for RX Vega M GH

AMD6939.2 = "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series"
    AMD6939.3 = "AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series"
    AMD694C.1 = "Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics - Unlocked"
    AMD694C.2 = "Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics"
    AMD694C.3 = "Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics"
    AMD694E.1 = "Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics"
    AMD694E.2 = "Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics"

and now from the 20.4.2

AMD6863.1 = "Radeon Vega Frontier Edition"
    AMD6868.1 = "Radeon (TM) PRO WX 8200"
    AMD687F.1 = "AMD Radeon RX Vega 64"
    AMD687F.2 = "AMD Radeon RX Vega 64"
    AMD687F.3 = "Radeon RX Vega"
    AMD687F.4 = "Radeon RX Vega"
    AMD687F.5 = "Radeon RX Vega"
    AMD687F.6 = "Radeon RX Vega"
    AMD687F.7 = "Radeon RX Vega"
    AMD6900.1 = "AMD Radeon(TM) 530"
    AMD6900.2 = "Radeon 535 Series"

Support was there in every driver since late 2019 support, but now 20.4.2 and its gone...

Even though they claim Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics, series support...

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Ah, were is Shader Cache in Radeon Settings???
    Wasn't it in the profile of the game???

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Still sitting under advanced options in both game and global profiles

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nothing for global profile here though you can clear the cache itself but to adjust the settings it has to be done through registry editing now.
    I prefer to enable it as required per-profile, Windows itself caches D3D12 stuff under C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\D3DSCache and AMD retains a cache for OpenGL and Vulkan regardless of this setting so it mostly avoids locking up OS processes such as the start menu app or explorer which otherwise ends up getting cached by the driver.

EDIT: Mostly just minor management, driver updates also clears the D3D cache and OS updates or driver updates also clears up the D3DSCache folder from Windows though it's not perfect so some cleanup either manually or from the cleanup utility can remove older cached files that are no longer used but still have files left over.
    (I had a few 150 MB files from Borderlands 3's D3D12 render mode in there for example.)

I'd also like if AMD's drivers invalidated older results but it doesn't seem like it does so cleaning up older cached data after game updates might be preferred instead of having the driver pull older cached shaders.

Usually though this is minor optimizations or small bug fixes it's not that important other than how I micro-manage the system. :p
    (And compare the old and new cache files to verify that yeah that didn't update so out with it and redo it all over and get it right this time. :D )

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Its here for me still

Attached Files:

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the reset option at the bottom there to clear the cache which is really handy (And new as of Adrenaline 2020) but the toggle for the option itself that used to exist for the cache for setting it to either On, Off or the default of AMD Optimized is lacking instead. :)
    AMD supported games and various OS processes for whatever reason, it acts up less instead of making them hang but I wish some better control over it would be possible to avoid that although per-profile works just fine too.

Well On never really existed without the registry tweak which enabled it for everything, AMD Optimized or Off were the two modes available from Catalyst Settings come to think of it.

Could do with a toggle for ULPS as well and I think there's a few other options I've not kept track of very well plus there's a string for it now so hopefully the update behavior of Radeon Settings can be defined a bit better.
    (Driver.xml created every time Radeon Settings is started as it does a little check, there's also a recurring 7 day telemetry upload but while it's added AMD User Experience isn't automatically opted into so that's good.)

EDIT: Oh that's right there was a shader reset option in the settings menu for the old interface as a sort of troubleshooting thing, works the same and deletes the existing shader files long as they're not in use so they can be recreated if needed such as after game updates or for general compatibility or troubleshooting purposes. :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Eastcoasthandle and Passus like this.

11. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Ah yeah sorry

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    But wasn't that feature available in the game's profile? I don't see that now.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm I don't quite remember, I know the per-profile specific shader cache setting allowed the On option instead of just Off or AMD Optimized (Well I suppose it sorta had to have that. :p ) but as I remember the Adrenaline 2020 driver settings only had the shader reset option but I might remember it incorrectly.

It was also one of the earlier options to get asked about from driver feedback along with ongoing things like the Wattman changes and how that affects the GPU plus others that I don't fully recall what existed or was asked about including settings transitioning over from the legacy interface.
    Which is actually still somewhat around, thought it would have been dropped entirely by now but a small part is still in the AMD folder in the Program Files (x86) for 32-bit applications in addition to the main Catalyst Settings Next / Radeon Settings for 64-bit programs.

Rambo likes this.
  14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Ah, I see then. So now in order to change it from AMD Optimized, On, Off it all through reg edit.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Which old games and what resolution are you using?

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    DX Vulkan works quite well on dx9 games

17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Anti-lag works fine with this driver in BF1. Although it has been since 20.2.1 since I tried it. So maybe it was fixed in a previous version.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's no longer loaded using injection, its an on-top composited overlay, which means support is limited XD

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    2 days without black screen, will test tomorrow while working (I do parsec remote-connection to my work laptop) which was quite crash-prone using hardware accel. Looks fine

20. Dener de Paula Pereira

Dener de Paula Pereira Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    This driver is working flawlessly in my RX Vega 56 Pulse (w/ undervolt and mem timings tweak)

Exodite likes this.