nVIDIA RTX Voice works without RTX GPU here's how

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by David Lake, Apr 22, 2020.

1. David Lake

David Lake Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V watercooled
    It works on windows 7, I discovered the hack using windows 7.

2. lidua

lidua Guest

GPU:
    Club 3D R9 280 3GB
    Tried on my GTX 460, it installed but says "Unable to start microphone denoising". Probably because of the old driver :(

3. Zeon Ionic

Zeon Ionic Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Tested on my Nvidia GTX 970, works awesome on both input and output

4. Cloud11

Cloud11 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050Ti
    I've noticed that the RAM usage from the software dropped tremendously over the day, it started with ~800mb and it's on ~80mb, interesting

5. dirtula

dirtula Member

GPU:
    Asus RX580 8gb
    you really let the AI record you all day. it probably sent nvidia a map of your room, LOL

6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. INIOP

INIOP Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M
    Hello!
    Worked on 960M

8. u6erbator

u6erbator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970

9. Ludus24

Ludus24 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Worked pretty much perfectly on my 1070 but there is one issue I noticed while stress testing it. It seems like it broke the audio recording in Nvidia Shadowplay when it was installed. Shadowplay would no longer record audio whether RTX Voice was on or off. I switched the input device to and from RTX Voice as well, both on Windows and shadowplay specifically. I uninstalled RTX Voice and shadowplay would still not recording audio under any circumstance. It took a reinstall of Geforce Experience to get Shadowplay to record audio properly again. Don't know if the RTX cards are having the same issue. Can anyone else confirm?

EmGrise likes this.
  10. Enrique Reyes

Enrique Reyes Guest

GPU:
    GT 710
    I got RTX Voice installed fine on my GT 710 but when enabling background suppression, it goes silent, for speakers and mic. Can you please share the workaround for your GT 840m.

11. Dramigo

Dramigo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 740M 2gb
    I'm having the exact same issue with Enrique Reyes,
    i got the app installed without a trouble, but when i activate the background cancelling, both mic and speaker gone completely silent, can anyone please help??

I'm using a GT 740M 2GB. I realized when the background noise canceling is activated, there is signal going in the RTX speaker (control panel), And also it wont work in the background, it exits the program as soon as i pressed the Esc key.

Can anyone please help us? Very much appreciated to whom that can help=)

Beef_Goulash likes this.
  12. TechInfused

TechInfused Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050
    I tried running this on my Surface Book 2 which has a GTX 1050. Was able to install it properly but I am getting a "unable to start microphone denoising" error. I ran it as administrator as well but still the same error

13. Hellman_x

Hellman_x Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 poopoo card
    Well, this sucks :(
    Basic specs:
    GPU: GTX650

Attached Files:

14. KyleTheBoi

KyleTheBoi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Can this work with an AMD CPU and a GTX 1070?

15. Hellman_x

Hellman_x Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 poopoo card
    Actually I lied...
    I forgot to install the graphics card drivers! Duh...
    The program ran and let me click the checkmark, I can hear my own voice through the unfiltered mode... However, when I press the checkmark, I get no audio out of it. I tried messing with the sliders but it did nothing. :(
    Bummer.

But It sorta works with GTX 650 I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. Jader7777

Jader7777 Guest

GPU:
    GForce GTX 1060 6GB
    This is great, I couldn't seem to edit the file due to permissions errors, but the edited installer in the second post worked instantly without any other input needed.

Is anyone familiar with VoiceMeteer Banana and how it interacts with this software? I can't seem to get them to play nice together.

Dopplegaming likes this.
  17. Limnic

Limnic Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 4Gb
    I have a GTX 1050, but it always shows me unable to start microphone denoising. Does someone have a fix for this?

18. Capitoneo

Capitoneo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 / 8Gb
    The app is amazing! Many thanks to CommanderLake for workaround!
    I noticed that it consumes 6% of cuda utilization on both GTX 1080 and GTX 1060 6gb per stream (input/output). I assume that it is locked to utilize only certain percentage of cuda units per stream and on lower-end cards it might not sound so good. Can somebody confirm/deny?
    Also, sometimes it may not initialize properly after system restart. Disabling and enabling back NVIDIA RTX Voice device in Sound Control Panel seems to solve this problem.

19. Stiggy

Stiggy Guest

GPU:
    5700xt 8gb
    I can confirm it works on my 750ti. I saw around 4% usage in task manager. It seemed to work pretty well, it even got rid of the constant static from the crappy headset I was testing with. I'm going to try using a 710 in my system as a dedicated RTX Voice card next to my 5700xt. I'll probably make a video or something if it works

20. Dopplegaming

Dopplegaming Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960 / 4go
    This ! it's a mess and i can't figure out how make it work !