Crysis 1 remake (rumor)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well that's how most online 'arguments' begin; the person making the statement couldn't bother to add a few more words to properly explain their position, and rely on some ambiguous 'obvious' unwritten rules that they created and believes apply to everyone and is hoping the recipient is on the same page...

Clearly to make life easier, you don't make an objective statement and claim its entirely subjective. There is a reason certain words exist and its detrimental when the message you are conveying is entirely in text...

Again, if it was his opinion; I take that back. He is entirely entitled to his opinion. But you are misrepresenting what he said by adding words like 'felt', when his original statement wasn't anything close to it. Read the two phrases below:

I don’t think that this company cares about their customers.
    vs
    This company doesn't care about their customers.

Clear and obvious, I don't really see why you are dancing around it.

ramthegamer likes this.
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't feel like he needed to state that he "felt" it was this or this.
    He made a statement that the game was mediocre. And I chose to take that as he personally felt the game was mediocre. Which... if he's saying the game was mediocre, then when he played it... it left an impression on him that left him feeling it was mediocre.

I'm not dancing around anything.
    I'm choosing not to care that he said it was mediocre.

I can say "Red Dead Redemption 2 is boring and tedious".
    Because, that is how I feel about the game. But, I didn't say "feel/felt" in that statement. Because I believe it's clear that I'm speaking from opinion.

3. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    morning

just to clarify - this entire argument is based on personal opinions. just felt like i should add something here -
    if using the right words or explaining properly is sometimes an issue, than not reading previous comments
    is also something that happens here and there. i added my original post from previous pages just to make
    clear this is my own personal opinion and i stick to it - the game is mediocre at best.
    also - im not using it as an excuse but i always try to explain myself the best i can, English
    is not my native language.

good day :)

4. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    It's always convenient to 'bash' old AAA classics because of some pet peeves and forget about the truly mediocre, lower to medium budget games. Alpha Prime was the most mediocre of mediocre shooters around that period in 2007 -still perfectly playable between iffy cutscenes, even some nice Mars-like settings on the asteroid-...and Crysis is clearly on a completely different level. The FPS games in those days were all so different in their awesomeness, you just had to play all of them:cool: And which got the most credit? Portal. Fricking Portal. Everyone was raving about Portal. But I like Portal. I played through Portal 2 waiting for the actual game to start, as it was a sequel so there should be something more...nope, that was it. Just some more puzzles. 95/100 scoring game. And I also like Portal 2. :)

5. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    @Texter - i don't understand your post buddy.
    why its convenient to judge\bash old AAA games ? its just an opinion piece from a random guy like me.
    you could tell if someone is acting like a real troll, for example by saying Crysis graphics wasn't that good. that's just utter cra*.
    the game had gorgeous graphics for its time, and i expect anyone with eyes that knows games will say the same thing.

but a game isn't just graphics, and i don't think the story, game-play, atmosphere and other things that i can judge single player games on
    are superior\enjoyable as other games. it was an ok linear shooter.

does it mean i regret buying it ? no. will i replay it ? no.

Portal is a zero scored game for me. i deleted it in less than an hour because its not my style, so i won't\can't review it.

happy thoughts and good health everybody :)
    im done here with the Crysis issue.. i hope the remake will live up to your expectations and will be enjoyable.

6. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    @coc generally speaking, and it's all a matter of perspective. I've seen many gripes about absolute classics pass by on this forum over the years... usually the people who just like the games are the silent majority. And it's not as if the games will suddenly change over the years...but we do.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    this forum was most bashy on crysis, going way back "glorified tech demo" "shallow" terms often pointed at crysis.

there only a few that defended the thing as "good" or even very good in the best bits, which it perfectly is, the rest is pure your opinion how much sandbox vs linear, how it ran for you, how much you made use of the suit and etc.

aggregates show the general normie population liked it more, gee the people that play far fewer fps and thing halo was the second coming of christ and invented the fps genera? their standards are far lower than the "hard core' gamer tends to hang here. they think its about a 8 aka very good game. still runs nowhere near what it should on modern hardware, if they wanted to revisit fix that, toss in some better textures.

8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I would like that someone name me a similar game that is better. The only similar game i consider to be better is the first Far Cry. It's less linear with bigger maps, and much harder.

ramthegamer and KissSh0t like this.
  9. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    No problem mate! Appreciate the clarification! :D

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I was gonna say the same as @S.T.A.R.A.C.
    If someone can name a better game that has the same setting, same kind of abilities of the character, and with that kind of level of immersion they can speak up or forever hold your peace,there isn t a similar game which is better, and i bet people have replayed this game many times after saying that it s not what they wanted, but deeply they know there isn t a better game out there with similar aspects, so in crytek s defence for creating such a unique experience for it s time back then, because it was unique, and it was an upgrade of the first farcry and a darn good upgrade

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ok, you got us. Crysis is the best open world, jungle based shooter released in 2007. Yay, default champs.

It looks ok, but hard to tell from that footage. Need to show us characters models and some ugly stuff to see how much of an improvement there has been technically

ramthegamer likes this.
  13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Looking good. Hoping for some non super human AI that can fu*cking spot you from the other side of the Island.

ramthegamer likes this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Would rather see some actual gameplay.

Undying likes this.
  15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's not Crysis Remastered footage, just a showcase from their latest engine.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    But you can clearly see a reflection of Crysis in there.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Though Crytek have done similar settings in every engine display they've done since Crysis.
    They always push the "tropical jungle" scene in every engine demo.

18. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    As in ever since their 2001 X-isle demo days 'always'. That's a long time. Maybe it's on purpose..to show how they've improved over the DECADES. Just a guess, of course...

19. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Another one with a similar feel is Xenus 2 White Gold, it's janky and unpolished but still pretty great and is more like a full open world RPG with stats and quests and stuff.

I love all 3, and I wouldn't mind more games in this open ended pretty tropical island shooter genre :)

ramthegamer likes this.
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Who told u it will not look like this?
    As you can see the most obvious graphical upgrade will be the lighting..and the texture clarity