GeForce 445.87 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    explains why BF5 seemed extra bright for me (HDR on).

2. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    AMD fanboi since 2011. However, I have just got my grubby mitts on a laptop with an RTX 2070 (full spec one, no Max Q). Are these drivers stable and worthwhile, to begin with, or is there a better set that will be stable?

I have been disappointed with the black screen issues on my 5700 XT and can't bear to suffer from buggy Team Green drivers.

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I believe 442.59 is the most stable until the new hotfix driver comes out.

Hypernaut likes this.
  4. Mistajista

Mistajista Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Clocks on my GTX 1080 are permanently stuck at max with these drivers. Probably down to Afterburner usage, but still...

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Is Movie HDR fixed?

Can everyone post what bugs they experiencing? so we'll have a list and we can recheck.

I think it's easier if we make a list here and then report it after to Nvidia. should make things very much simpler and faster.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  6. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Only issue i have come across is nvlddmkm stopped responding, never come across this before. Rolling back to previous drive.

7. RodroG

RodroG Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 / 10GB
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    next hotfix

9. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    I hope so, as they broke the display of stuff in UWP apps, like all tooltips shadows, and elements in the Speakers section of the Realtek Audio Console.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uh... no they didn't.

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah. I'm also missing buttons, icons and some text in various UWP apps. :(

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    stop using sharpening globally :D

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's a popular set it and forget it I guess, just going by ReShade and presets for that some sharpening is one of the more popular improvements although the strength tends to be kinda high. :D
    Wouldn't NVIDIA also exclude OS processes and some at least more common processes or programs like browsers to avoid adding shimmering and contrast artifacts or issues with adding a shader effect?

Per-game probably works best anyway though. Unreal Engine 4 or other temporal anti-aliasing heavy titles without methods of their own for either general or TAA specific sharpen effects would benefit to offset part of the blur even if it's not perfect to just apply a full-screen post-process shader over everything.

On that note DLSS 2 now also utilizes sharpening, might look a bit odd getting two effects over one another if that's the case though so far only a few games use this new mode of upsampling.

EDIT: In-game sharpening to on, driver or something like FreeStyle/ReShade sharpen shader and then DLSS. Shimmer hell!
    Well in my own opinion and preference and sensitivity to anything above the lower strength values even with very customizable shader effects for sharpening at least.

14. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Ok, have just come back to Nvidia after 3 months of blackscreens with rx5600xt, now i install drivers as i use to and i find that Control panel IS GONE!! ok, it points me to PoS microsoft store (which, if i could would be removed from my system) it refuses to download controlpanel, reporting some unknown error (says i have it, but it is no where to be found). ok, i unplug my ethernet, use DDU to uninstall and and install the standard driver i DL'd... i STILL do not have controlpanel... what the hell Nvidia.
    Seem there is no winning with GPU's these days lol.
    came here hoping that someone might have a solution that works to actually give me some control over my new GPU :D

Edit: nvm, found a standard whql driver without the dreaded DCH included, all is good again :D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i still using 442.59 I dont have much reason to change drivers other then for bugs. has the bug where enabling gpu scaling in "image sharpening " it get stuck even when disable it been fixed?

16. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    If you download drivers from here (advanced search instead of regular downloads page) you'll still have the option for the standard driver or dhc after you select your card. Anyway, you'll find both options too on the linked guru3d driver download page on the OP.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Halfmead likes this.
  17. Kill4L

Kill4L Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Laptop
    Hello all,
    Am having strange issue after updating to this driver, the NVIDIA experience instant replay and shadow play stopped working. It switch off as soon I switch it on, in call of duty modern warfare. Anyone else having this issue?

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Nvidia you also must fix another issue with HDR it also affects games.

When I watch HDR movie with Black Level set to LOW which is how it suppose to be I have weird tiny white pixels ONLY on heavy Black screen, like at a start of a movie logo or very very dark background and something bright near it, there would be pixels everywhere or on the logo.

Changing PC 0-255 to TV 16-235 in MadVR fix it or changing Black Level on TV to High fix it.

HDR should be LOW, why do I have those pixels errors? should MadVR stay 0-255 or do I need to change it to 16-235 because it's not reasonable to do that.

After more testing

ye I figured out the problem.... it's Nvidia.

If you want to watch HDR movie you must change the Use Nvidia Color Settings and change it to YCbCr 422 Limited 10bit . if you use the Default it makes what suppose to be Limited to FULL and that's where the mix-up. Nvidia doesn't change it when it goes to NV HDR mode.... stupid stupid....... so every time you want to play games or HDR movies need to do that. I watched so many movies with this crap not correct.... damnitttttt

it stays on RGB FULL which makes anything to crash the black because it needs to be LOW.. so Nvidia output 0-255 but the video output 16-235

How come no one said that before??? so everyone watching on their PC with MadVR with Nvidia crushed blacks?? even if you use the OS HDR it's the same because the Nvidia still output RGB FULL, that's the default. because I had a way of testing it using Netflix directly from the TV APPS and I saw that even Dolby Vision using LOW. so there is no way something is wrong on my end. it is just driver issue that doesn't set it correctly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I don't have this issue. Also I left MPC + MadVR over a year ago and switched to MPV + FSRCNNX. The latter combination is better picture quality, better HDR tone-mapping, and better performance. If you're interested in testing, here are my personal configuration for MPV (under spoiler tag below).

4790K @ 4.6Ghz
    GTX 1070 Gaming X

Can guarantee the configuration below works great on my hardware. So if your hardware is equivalent or stronger, it should be fine. You should research how to edit mpv configuration, and then google and download the shaders I used (made them in bold below).

ontop
    priority=high

ao=wasapi
    audio-exclusive=yes
    audio-samplerate=96000
    audio-format=s32
    audio-channels=stereo

video-sync=display-resample
    vulkan-swap-mode=fifo

osd-level=1

video-latency-hacks=no
    demuxer-thread=yes

vo=gpu
    profile=gpu-hq
    fbo-format=rgba16hf
    gpu-api=vulkan
    gpu-context=winvk
    hwdec=nvdec
    spirv-compiler=shaderc
    vd-lavc-dr=yes
    vulkan-async-transfer
    vulkan-async-compute

volume-max=100

tone-mapping=hable
    tone-mapping-max-boost=1.0
    hdr-compute-peak=yes

dither-depth=N
    dither=fruit
    dither-size-fruit=2

scale=ewa_lanczossharp
    cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
    dscale=ewa_lanczossharp
    dither-depth=auto
    correct-downscaling=yes
    sigmoid-upscaling=yes
    cache=yes
    demuxer-seekable-cache=yes

sws-allow-zimg=no
    zimg-fast=no

deband=yes
    deband-iterations=4
    deband-threshold=50
    deband-range=16
    deband-grain=48

ytdl-format=best

glsl-shader="C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\noise_static_chroma.hook"
    glsl-shader="C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\noise_static_luma.hook"
    glsl-shader="C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\antiring.hook"
    glsl-shader="C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\KrigBilateral.glsl"

profile-desc=cond:get('height', 0) < 1440
    glsl-shader="C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
    glsl-shader="C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\SSimDownscaler.glsl"
    dither-size-fruit=6

You can learn what each setting does from here:

https://mpv.io/manual/stable/

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Thanks I will check

EDIT: Not useable for me. Do you play HDR? because it doesn't seem to even get HDR signal. also there is not a single setting. I am an advanced user, I want to control every aspect of the program. Potplayer has that.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020