Folding@Home - Join The Fight!

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Just make sure that you're using a passkey for folding so that you can get the Quick Return Bonus (QRB) :)

2. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    The short answer is that the demand for folding has increased significantly while the supply of WUs is being increased. Se my post here -> Too many folders?

3. mooney4321

mooney4321 Member

GPU:
    2080S Seahawk EK
  4. ariskar

ariskar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080
    Hello. I am happy to report that after 5 years or so of inactivity I have recently re-joined the folding effort with my 5960x & RTX2080 machine.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    HandR likes this.

5. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Welcome back :)

6. ariskar

ariskar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080
    Thanks. The RTX 2080 is putting out an estimated 2 million PPD which translates to a real 1.4-1.5 PPD a day. These new graphics cards are beasts. Folding on my CPU (a few generations back EE! 5960x) for 40,000 to 50,000 PPD seems like a waste of electricity and heat.

7. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    While you can decide if you want to fold on the CPU or GPU or both, do note that important scientific work is being done on both... some calculations can only be done on the CPU while others are GPU only and some are a mix in between.

I used to fold on my CPU but when FahCore_a7 came with AVX_256 support, I had to stop since it would overheat my AIO. I am considering replacing my chassis so I can fit a better AIO and then resume CPU folding simply because I use my system to heat up my room :)

8. Destrux1979

Destrux1979 Guest

GPU:
    1080TI 11264MB
    Just added myself to this team as well. Been folding CPU+GPU since abt the start of Corona.
    Mostly off-work at first, but recently up to full-time.

9. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Yikes my cpu gets hot while folding! Way hotter than I am used to seeing for sure, it has spikes up to 94C!!! Not too worried because the temps seem to jump all over the place and only hits high for a second before going back down to 75C and then 88C...77C...81C...etc.

Trying to keep my office cool but there is so much hot air being pumped out of my case, its insane!

Keep fighting the good fight!

10. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Have admin removed the folding stats from our signatures now?

11. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    So far so good, I am in the top 21 on guru3d, not bad for like 6 months(Not always on).

So far doing pretty good.

EDIT:

Top 7 Thus far.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  12. erazerswe

erazerswe Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060
    I also joined a couple of days ago, 14 wu's so far ( I only do gpu-folding though since my 3700x gets too hot for my liking) Cheers guys and girls!

13. Lloyd_Braun

Lloyd_Braun Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus rog strix 3080
    In all honesty, what is this accomplishing? Making someone's Bit Coin hit faster? And they get the loot? I just don't understand I guess.

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You have the foldingathome.org website to visit for all the information you need. No need for this display of ignorance.

15. Lloyd_Braun

Lloyd_Braun Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus rog strix 3080
    Well, with a response like that, seems like I need to stay far away from it.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Yes you're right, I'm the representative of the nation of folding monkeys.

17. Lloyd_Braun

Lloyd_Braun Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus rog strix 3080
    Ok, bye bye now.

18. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I should really start folding again, but tbh with the current energy prices its rather pricey.

Good to see i'm still rank 241 in the guru3d team, to think I managed to that with just a GTX 970 and a 3770K hahaha.

@Lloyd_Braun

By god you're a bumbling idiot, did you not read the first page? This is helping science by using your GPU/CPU to running protein simulations from which they can make discoveries in the field of biology as well as medicine.

19. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Hey guys! are any of you still folding? this days are a little cold here in Chile (i'm from the caribean zone so for my 15 degrees is too cold) so i'm heating my office folding with my xeons, just would like to know if folding is still ok or if there are any other cool project to provide some computing power, folding at home is an old project and i don't know if they are behind any other distributed coputing project.

Ghosty likes this.
  20. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    My main folding stopped with winter (my gaming rig is in the basement, so it keeps that warm), but I am folding a little on my PiHole box... a little embedded thing whose entire case is a giant heat sink. I have it set near the air intake for my heat pump water heater.