Special little build

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Božo Kaurić, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    Hi all!

Its been some time since I last made a new machine, but here we go again!

I got around some older parts that my friend did not need any more, so I took the MoBo, CPU,RAM,GPU,PSU and HDD... also took out a 17" Full HD screen from a broken laptop (also the speakers from it)... and I got thinking... what to do with it... I knew I wanted to do an integrated thing, with vertical screen... After some time designing it in my head, I sat down and did it in 3D.
    That is what you can see here. I also cleaned and tested all components, installed OS and got it all working, so no I only gotta find some time and get all the parts that I need to build this.

Freakin isolation is not helping me, cause almost all stores are closed over here... but, bit by bit and it will be soon done.

You will be wondering whats with the cables up front... well, I decided to make video and audio signals selectable, so you can plug in the integrated display and speakers or use external ones. Connecting internal display and speakers this way just seemed cool to me, nothing else.

Here are the renderings, and as soon as I start building it, I`ll post my progress over here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Noisiv, big ROBOT bill, -Tj- and 2 others like this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    You got my attention, hope to get my curiosity. Or vice versa.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Noisiv likes this.
  4. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    Here we go.. all the components I am missing are ordered from China, gotta wait for it all to arrive... 18$ for 6 rocker switches, 6 LED indicators, one big push button and two LED Temperature displays :)

Computer itself is ready to get inside... and I even got to configuring the OS to look just the way I want it to for this build.

It is a simple Linux install with cool-retro-term running in fullscreen. Cool-retro-term gives it a perfect old CRT terminal look that I wanted to achieve.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Orange monocrom display, Kraftwerk and Linux.
    Hell yeah, you got my curiosity.

6. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    First PC I ever had was a 8086 with orange monochrome screen and while I was "on college", we were spending alot of our time on Solaris terminals with orange displays... they are simply the best looking displays to me.

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Looks good.
    Although I don't quite get the wooden case.

A build like this, could use a true industrial keyboard like this :)

8. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    I`m gonna go minimalistic... Idea is to take a Logitech K360, tear it apart and make a simple case for it, that will go along with the rest of the computer

Noisiv likes this.
  9. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    This looks so great, Can't wait to see it, one thing I think the top corners would look awesome if you used mitre joints

10. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    I made it this way since I wanna do it all by myself, and I don`t have any special woodworking tools. But I`ll check out if someone can do it for me, since it does look nicer.

Dan Longman likes this.

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Actually, wood would be the ideal choice for "vintage" builds. Cheap, easy to shape and work with. And gives a more authentic look.

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Looks great - shaping up to be a really cool vintage style build!

Božo Kaurić likes this.
  13. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    Paints I`ve been missing arrived today! just parts from China to arrive and off we go!

[​IMG]