Download: AMD Chipset driver v2.04.04.111

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Installed. No idea what the drivers actually do though.

2. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070
    Installed and is working just fine on my end.

3. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    Can't uninstall this driver
    upload_2020-4-19_14-54-32.png

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Setup.exe from here doesn't work either?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\Chipset_IODrivers\Setup.exe

Command line could also work, bypass the installer entirely and just clean out the drivers.
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-2-04-04-111

EDIT: Though it looks like AMD marked a few components as "non-uninstallable" from that note in the documentation as of this driver.

5. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    upload_2020-4-19_15-34-14.png
    I made a mistake somewhere in syntax.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Installed here a few days ago, went in fine, no issues.

Just installed over the top of the old ones, which ive no clue what were, as never updated them when i got this rig, last August :p

7. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Reply to my post and you'll have 5000!

Ghosty likes this.
  8. Mahogny

Mahogny Member

GPU:
    Rx 480 8gb
    Im getting "the installer is intended to be deployed only on an amd system bla bla "

Any fix for this ?
    And I have a ryzen on an msi tomahawk max

9. Yurie

Yurie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050Ti
    v2.04.04.111 - installation failed..
    2020-05-24 14_55_00-AMD Chipset Software Installer.jpg

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Opening that log file (It can also be found in the Temp folder in the User appdata local temp structure.) and searching for "fail" might give a answer.

Using the new 2.05.04 drivers had the same which ended up being a inability for the installer to find the changes AMD had done to the prior version far as pathing the cleanup for the PCI driver.
    So I found the installer for that and cleaned those up first and then it worked. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/gouk7k/amd_chipset_driver_ver_20504352_521/
    https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/AMD/CPU/Chipset(v2.05.04.352).zip

Or this version, AMD should have a new one up on their website at some point likely newer still considering 2.05.04 is from the start of this month going by when it was digitally signed. (May 4th.)

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers

A bunch of numbers from how many of these you have installed.
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\{80252775-3728-442D-9E35-9C29E8460D68}\IODriver\PCI

Something like that for example, just right click on the MSI there and uninstall and that should clear up the package, checking against what the log is attempting to do and failing at might help find the correct one and after that it should hopefully finish without further hiccups.

Alternatively uninstall the entire thing first then install the new driver, AMD changed the paths of some driver files and some other installer issues so a clean installation does pretty good for this until that all gets sorted and kept working in newer versions. :)

EDIT: Could be multiple issues too, in my case it was just not managing to clean up the PCI driver package but handling that manually first allowed everything to work.

PSP security thing needed a reboot and then a quick comparison via the device manager and log to see that everything had updated and was using the newest versions for every supported component. :)