Review: Fractal Design Celsius+ S36 Prisma

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We test and review the Fractal Design Celsius+ series, an All-in-One Liquid cooling kit that is decent in performance with an up-to 360mm rad and with a choice of Prisma ARGB fans or Dynamic X2 pre-in...

Review: Fractal Design Celsius+ S36 Prisma

2. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Great write up @Hilbert Hagedoorn !

Loving me some Fractal in the form of the Design 7. AIO's sure are stepping up the game as of late.

3. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    The design looks col but I feel it more of the same, in fact it looks like a nzxt kraken. At least it have a good performance

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    another thorough review done well :D

this is perfect for sleek builds, in my case like i'd do for others as i like custom loops.
    but HH is exactly right about the aesthetics. the 280 argb is screaming for a ryzen 9 in an itx case... too bad my budget is screwed by current situation 'cuz this would be a nice xmas gift.

DeskStar likes this.

5. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I likey all of what you just said there.... And I feel ya on the "situation" ATM for sure.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Sadly Fractal Design Celsius not anymore using for radiators brass or copper, they went as many companies with aluminium sadly

Thanks, Jura

tunejunky likes this.
  7. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Closed loop. Isn't going to interfere with anything mixed metal wise....

8. Viliu Olariu

Viliu Olariu Member

GPU:
    rtx2080ti ventus gp
    I always thought that AIO solutions are to expensive for what they offer, hardly better than air coolers. Add the low reliability and low life expectation to the price formula and doesnt add up. They are great for some compact build or looks but my NH-D15 is on par with this for half the price, and if you work a bit on better airflow you can get better cooling.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'd argue that just like with air coolers, buying a more expensive, feature rich and dependable one you're going to see different results of course. $70 for an air cooler is on the higher side, that being said I would expect decent performance if I'm paying that much. Sure a $100 240mm AIO probably going to see very similar performance, but go up just a market segment for AIO's it changes completely.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Classic Fractal Design to push their prices to the top. "Value for money" is not their business idea anymore which is sad.