Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You know what? I don't typically agree with this sort of sentiment. However, I do see an obvious correlation between this post and the missing (and none functional) video features for the 5700 xt using Radeon Software. It's by no mistake that they don't work and are "missing". Be that as it may my post discussing it could be considered a conspiracy theory at best. However, I do have to ask, "Why is it that AMD's newest GPU SkU is missing software features found in previous, retired, replaced GPU SKUs?" With no explanation that Video portion of Radeon Setting has been disabled/missing and nothing in the driver notes to offer insight to why those Video features are disabled/missing. It screams deception in the highest order.

Well I'm not the only one then. Not a big deal however, I do have to wonder why it triggers default voltage when increasing the Power Limit when the PL is only suppose to make available based on voltage set? Perhaps it's by design and we need further clarification?

However, I've not tried it with this newer driver. It's not that 'big' of a deal. I only noticed it once in game it was reading 1200mV and was wondering why the gpu was so hot. I've since put PL to 0. I haven't noticed it at desktop. I thought that I lost my OC profile but it was still the same from what I could see.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    stop using DDU, use https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

3. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
  4. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Guys, anyone with Polaris card (RX570 4GB preferably)
    Could you please test what fps you getting at Doom Eternal with Preset High, 1920*1080, Vsync off?

6. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Wouldn't it be related to 4GB vram while game utilizes more than this amount?

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @spectatorx I got a report that 20.3.1 works fine with 4GB VRAM RX570 card, but with 20.4.1 there is a noticeable fps drop.
    I want to confirm the issue with someone else having the same card.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Works about the same with 580 8gb, 80-100fps Ultra Nightmare settings, just tried it. Idk about 570 but with 4gb im sure there was some fps drop even with the 20.3.1.

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  10. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Just tried it today, all seems to be working fine, even RIS in some games like Diablo 3 (not working previously in 20.3.1).

OnnA likes this.

11. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    i'm very disappointed and fed up with amd, now like windows 10 need open and turn off all or remove amd software for good stability, if you change anything in amd setting it just creates problems and you don't know what the driver really does, after years my 7970 finally run very well but with is limit, now i inherited a rx480 flashed to rx580 and is many better but always problem if touch amd setting, if i use MS driver or only AMD driver without amd setting many problems disappear

AMD need seriously minimize his driver, minimal ONLY video driver with his setting and remove all the crap inside or make oprional included HD audio vc++, i need ONLY a good video driver with his working setting
    went back to 20.3.1 driver only, renounce all setting by AMD forever if they don't change
    ps. with AMD from 9700pro but i see that nothing has real changed

12. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    hm
    upgraded to 20.4.1 2 days ago, had 3 or 4 black screens / freezes on desktion (most occurred when starting / pausing youtube videos in chrome)
    + 1 blackscreen/freeze while tabbing out RE:3

theese problems are new with 20.4.1 didn't had any black screen issue with 20.2.2 and 20.3.1

13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Upgraded from 20.3.1 on Thursday, no issues so far :)

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    people need to stop doing unclean installs of the radeon driver until amd finds out what they are doing badly with their driver update coinstallers and scripts.

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I've done 3 consecutive unclean updates and I have no issues.

OnnA likes this.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I generally do clean installs for major branch updates and significant changes to the driver files or bundled software although that is done together with comparing the files and changes so if something doesn't update it's easier to track and resolve although third party software and a improved AMD cleanup utility certain helps with deep registry changes and such.

There's a few bits differing between the DCH driver and the standard one but beyond that it's not been any problems so far other than well the actually known and acknowledged driver issues and fixes and additional issues going back and forth for quite some time now and even more for the already existing Polaris and Vega GPU issues and AMD's support for Radeon VII unfortunately as that's still technically their main flagship GPU.

EDIT: Plus re-adjusting any changes in Wattman since AMD has tweaked things a bit in certain drivers and did the same for Vega before that so the default applied values can differ and then it's time to redo and retest instead of just loading the earlier saved profile again.

The program likes to round out some of the values but accepts manually edited config files ones too but other than that they've been sticking so far although that's hit & miss too far as many other user reports (Including in this topic.) it seems even besides problems with sleep and hibernate mode or fast boot interfering with keeping this from defaulting because Wattman thought something "crashed" only it actually did not.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  17. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Same here... didn't DDUed or clean installed Radeon Software since first 2020 Edition and almost zero issues - only once I've been affected by that profiles issue, but it's gone for long time.

18. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I did also get one of these today on Chrome (81.0.4044.92) when viewing videos with 20.4.1 and my custom wattman setting and lead to a driver reset. Last month I used the new MS Edge with 20.3.1 and haven't noticed a driver reset there.

19. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Like I've said earlier --- the 20.4.1 driver is far from perfect and actually worse for me when switching between HDR/SDR content etc. and also display corruption in the division 2 when playing using Freesync 2 HDR mode and DX12. This is a clear regression that I've reported to AMD, would be nice however if someone with a Freesync 2 HDR capable display and maybe also a VEGA (I own a 64 but I think 56 would also do) could verify / confirm the issue exists.

Like I've said --- corruption doesn't occur with 20.3.1 (SDR or HDR) and also is fine when forcing SDR content in D2 settings. It is enough to remain in the main menu where the character is shown for a while like 30 seconds.
    Also a problems if in windows 10 HDR mode is enables, and in-game - SDR.
    Then e.g. exiting the game or alt-tabbing to desktop causes black screen. But not the "usual" black screen and freeze - just a black screen where my workaround is to go into monitor menu and switch from freesync ultimate engine to freesync standard engine causing the display to be re-detected (and afterwards I can switch back to ultimate engine in my monitor settings --- in C49RG90 it influences e.g. the freesync range as far as I know).

Generally speaking --- the driver has a very wonky support for HDR (might be only related to Division 2, have not tested with any other game yet...) and clearly something broke there in the middle of "cooking it".

20. exmodel

exmodel Member

GPU:
    MSI RX570 8GB
    Relive is completely broken for me. Doesn't respond to any hotkeys and if I turn on instant replay it causes the overlay to stop working and I get intermittent stuttering in every game.