DOOM Eternal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I think I've only found one cheat code so far...

Is there a cheat code to enable all cheat codes? Lol.

2. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    funny you should ask

[​IMG]

Sorry for the blurry image, I tried to take a screenshot but print screen isn't working on this game for me

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Damn, where do you find that one do you remember?

I'd also love the QuakeCon mode, nothing like a cheering crowd to keep you going!

EDIT: wait, does that one literally activate all cheats at once? Instead of unlocking all individual cheats?

Duke Nil likes this.
  4. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I don't remember where I found any of them tbh, but no it says something like "activates all unlocked cheats" so I think it's just the ones you've found.

But no joke I cracked the code this is how this game was meant to be played:
    • overdrive cheat
    • air control rune
    • faster glory kills rune
    • speed boost after glory kills rune
    • master volume down so that music volume at 100 is louder
    • 9+ beers
    This is actual footage of me right now
    [​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.

5. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well.. guess its going to be tough but im gonna do it anyways.

im starting another play tonight on the hardest difficulty. i bought some beers, lol.
    its gonna be interesting.

Duke Nil likes this.
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Haha! :D

I must replicate that experience!

Duke Nil likes this.
  7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I get the basics of how to beat the guy, the issue is the application of these within the game play loop.

Example

Most of the combat is twitch reaction stuff, I see a Cacodemon I know switch to shotgun nade, then glory kill. Done and dusted keep moving and pretty much every enemy in the game is like this but more importantly if you mess up, miss the shot or can't score the glory kill you can push on, kite around applying the twitch kill and move gameplay to anything else you come across and then take another shot at the Cacodemon on another pass. The Marauder you can't do that, if you take focus off it for a second it beats your a*s with one of it's three cheap moves. There is no attacking it using twitch gameplay as the only time you can score a hit is when it's eyes turn green. It requires a player focus that doesn't fit with ANY of the other enemies or the gameplay style.

Even worse is that you can't do a simple turn it in to a mini boss encounter, i.e clear the other bad guys and THEN focus on it because you have to first clear the other bad guys which means that you aren't focused on The Marauder which then means it just beats your arse. You can't even kite him while trying to take out other enemies because he can pretty much hit you from anywhere.

8. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Sounds like the best thing would be to save your BFG ammo for these situations, that's pretty much what it's made for

9. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Thought of that problem is the BFG doesn't work on him either. Works on every other bad guy except the Maruader.

10. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    What he means is, use the BFG to remove all the other enemies so you are able to focus the trolly marauder.

I actually find splash damage from the rocket launcher to be effective while he has his shield up before switching to SSG when the window to attack opens followed by either direct homing rockets or ballista shots.

I do agree though, it is a cheesy fight. A lot of the mechanics in Doom Eternal also just feel... Anti-fun... The necessity to constantly switch weapons, whether due to ammo constraints thus relying on chainsawing fodder or due to specific weapons for specific demons having no overall powerful default gun.... What made SSG great in Doom 2016 was because of good ammo count, it let you get up and personal and get stuck in. Now you have to juggle weapons so often.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020

11. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Of course, hadn't thought of that... shame the situation I am in just now I don't have any ammo for my BFG.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    BFG removes other enemies, and it distracts the Marauder. He will always aim his shield in the direction of the BFG blast, giving you an open shot at his back.
    Also, remote detonate for the rocket launcher... you can detonate it behind him, damaging him behind his shield.

Also, always flame belch the wolf if he spawns one. It's cheap armor, as those wolves are really, really weak.

13. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Thanks man I'll give some of those hints a try see what happens.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well FWIW I tried it in Borderlands 3 as it allows setting camera and per object motion blur separately and it was quite atrocious tbh.

Enemies started looking like they were shifting in and out of existence as they moved, making it feel like a low budget horror game on Unity, lols.

-Tj- likes this.
  15. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Lol so I am putting it down to Doom... by that I mean I retried Doom Eternal to try and finally get past this annoying part I was raging at. I did this while Doom the movie was playing on the TV and I managed to just about squeak by that annoying Marauder arsehat. Continued on managed to get the crucible, started the fight that came after that and the game locked up on me.... sigh!

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

Duke Nil and The Laughing Ma like this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Stuck at the damn Marauder and I'm only playing at difficulty level 2. They've really gone at great length to make that fight as annoying as they can :(

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im really struggling in this game when it comes to fighting those fireball throwing monsters, im struggling with amo....i think im worse than with doom, i had the easier way in doom

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    All it takes is a bit of patience. Come on, you've played Dark Souls ;)

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Fireball... throwing monsters.

That describes a lot of Eternal's demons.

Duke Nil likes this.