S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 getting teased with a screenshot

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    primetime^, Thunk_It and Maddness like this.
  2. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    now that is interesting indeed

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Damm I own every Stalker game ,have not played any for more than an hours.From my memory the game loads every few meters causing a pause or hitch which drove me crazy.Using the UE4 engine I think it will be the same thing again.I find most games on that UE engine to exhibit the same hitching/pausing within the game.

4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    deep in the game you wont care about it cause you'll have shat yourself in the labs by then

cant wait

DeskStar and anticupidon like this.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Loved the games, atmosphere was perfect.

6. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Now this is something to look forward to. Please, keep the same atmosphere!

DeskStar likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Many of that is tied to Xray engine of the original. Idk how this UE4 thing will turn out.

8. Aztec2Step

Aztec2Step Active Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6800
    Please, please, PLEASE let this make it to release (and be a good game). Fingers, toes, eyes and testicles crossed!

DeskStar likes this.
  9. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    At least good news.
    I will certainly buy Stalker 2.
    I finished the first two games, the third has many bugs.

DeskStar likes this.
  10. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ya when Gerard mentioned it was on UE4 I thought the same, the way things render in UE4 look great but there is something off, its weird, like to much polish, almost a wax look, the XRAY engine pushed the feeling of gritty better then anything I can remember.

11. RED.Misfit

RED.Misfit Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    The world was never the same after COVID-19, okay why not.
    The world was never the same after S.T.A.L.K.E.R, i have a doubt ?! Maybe the gamer world !?

12. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    It's a pity that things turned out the way they did. They should have made a sequel years ago. They must have been screwed out of all that money by the publishers or something? I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere. Meanwhile, for about 12 or so years now, other game makers have been ripping off aspects of their game and profiting.

jbscotchman likes this.
  13. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    I remember finishing this game without realising it then thinking "is that it." It's going to take something special to be better than Metro lets be honest.

14. MachinaEx

MachinaEx Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1660 Super
    I just hope that S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 won't be a game like The Division in which you have to share your world with other player, I am straight single-player guy who prefers a good story and gameplay over repetitive competition we have in multiplayer or MMOs. Both If the rumor are true I am in for a disappointment!

Maddness and jbscotchman like this.
  15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    WOW 1 whole screenshot

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Well this came out of nowhere. STALKER was a good game when it came out, but man was it rough. Hopefully they have the resources and time to make this one more polished.

17. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    I really appreciate this update, and I am looking forward to the games release!

18. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games were little rough to play, but I think this was at least partly intentional. They are not games where you high jump to cover, but take a careful approach instead and move slow with heavy equipment. I really liked every Stalker game, they just ran badly often times, but Unreal Engine 4 should be easy enough to utilize, so I expect better performance this time. Unreal Engine 4 is most likely the best choice given the vast games made already with it, that might load just a sec or two occasionally, but that means nothing given the visual quality. I will not get my hopes too high about the upcoming game though, since anything can happen in the industry today, but I certainly wish this game will eventually be released and tell something concerning the nuclear accident. That said, the story doesn't absolutely have to relate to that very accident, any other catastrophe would fit as well, since I think it's not defined what exactly makes Stalker game a Stalker game. For me, essentially it's the general area at eastern Europe, a scandal, anomalies, mystery and loneliness.

Also important to remember is that the Stalker games where graphically way more advanced than majority of games at the time. Sure, they weren't technically the full package like Crysis, but certain areas like shadows were just so good you missed them years after. Most often, successful games are part of technical innovation, which in the case of Stalker games were indeed the vast "levels" with the NPCs and graphics, that really enchanced the mood in a drastic way. Is Stalker 2 going to break any poundaries or just focus on the story part? We don't know, but it's fun to imagine what would be something technically advanced that could be used in a game like Stalker.

Maddness and Undying like this.
  19. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Stalker was a very good game, the original one, had it on CD, good game.

Maddness, DeskStar and angelgraves13 like this.
  20. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    certainly one of my favorite game themes of all time.....and the screenshot looks good so far!:) Wonder how many years well be waiting to pay for early access? lol

DeskStar likes this.