Fix game stutter on Win 10 1703-1809

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Exostenza, Apr 3, 2018.

1. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    WOW!
    Enjoy yer 80 C GPU'S you know it all LOLZ!

My I7 runs at 9C sorry you think you know it all, enjoy KID!!!26 you know it all....I run full fan on AB, im not here to be OK with some boy thinks he knows it all. Have yer balls dropped yet?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Calm down! get back on topic!

3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    but its OK for him to jump on me? sounds like one of the LGBT people "omg you have the fan on high all the time" Toms hardware misses him!

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No its not OK. Can we just accept people have different opinions please ?

jonaaa20, jaggerwild and Kolt like this.

5. haxzion

haxzion Member

GPU:

In my personal experience diagnosing PC issues needs everything running stock.So this is what i would do.

1)Bios reset and GPU
    2)Reapply thermal paste on the CPU GPU. A cheap decent paste like Arctic MX-4
    3)Clean Windows Install and yes LTSB 1607 is recommended for your build (if you can get it)
    4)Try Vsync on or off.Sometimes with Vsync on i get stutters too and my solution was to lock the framerate with RTSS (rivatuner)
    5)Dont't disable sysmain-superfetch
    6)Don't change system timer.

Test your system stock

6. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    @82C he's about to melt solder, but what do I know..................:rolleyes:

7. haxzion

haxzion Member

GPU:
    It's not normal for a GTX 1060 to get that high this is why i suggested reapplication of thermal paste.
    Fyi the default limit is 83C which means the card can't go above that if you don't temper with it,the actual max temp is 94C.
    If Nvidia sets the limit to 83C then he is still safe but if this was my system i would check airflow and thermal paste.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  8. n3v3rm1nd

n3v3rm1nd Active Member

GPU:
    Aus Strix RTX 2070
    Nothing at all as a quick google search told me that you're WAY off. You think GPUs use some of the shelf cheap solder that melts @82°C?!?! Almost every GPU would be broken.

Get outta here with ya nonsense.

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    82C is not going to melt the solder on a GPU. Different solder melts at different temps, there's no universal minimum solder melting point.
    Those kinds of temp do tend to lower the life expectancy, but that's hard to quantify. Could mean 5 years instead of 6 years, could mean 5 years 364 days instead of 6 years. Impossible to know.
    Point is, it's fine in the sense that it's certainly not causing immediate damage, and definitely not causing stuttering.

EDIT: Btw, what really causes high heat to kill GPU's over time isn't the heat itself, but in conjunction with cooling it down.
    For example, going from 30C to 80C, back and fourth, multiple times a day, will likely cause more damage then if the card simply stayed at 80C. That might sound counter-intuitive since spending some time at 30C should be healthier.
    But the heat-up causes expansion, and cool-down cause contraction. Things tend to move, when you do that over and over cracks start to form.
    That's usually why oven-baking sometimes brings old dead GPU's back to life.
    That's also why keeping your GPU more cool under load will help the GPU last longer, because you have a less drastic change in temperature when you cool back down.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Nvidia GPU default fan profiles try to keep the GPU under 80C under load. IOW a standard blower GPU from Nvidia is designed to run at 80C.
    Too answer your question: not much.

Smough likes this.

11. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    You can't read, "About to" you post lots of words, I solder on GPU'S see the difference?Yes different solder have different melting points blah blah blah, You think Nvidia uses High Quality Solder? @82C he's a bout to reflow the GPU. I need to watch the COVID 19 news now, to see how I feel.

12. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I'm a metallurgist, and worked in in the printed circuit industry for 10 years. Your thinking is off by at least 100C...

[​IMG]

Kolt likes this.
  13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Your chart from Kester, is a kick to his keester.

14. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    You are a belter

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That's what you gleaned from my post? I'm sorry but you're incorrect. There are types of solder that melts at low temperatures like that. The important part here is, not all solder is made the same.

That GPU could be at 100C and the concern wouldn't be the solder, it would be pretty much everything else.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That's why he's jaggerwild and not jagermeister ;)

Smough likes this.
  17. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Solder melts at 215 degrees(cheap solder OK)procreating noobs in this forum.........

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Look, @jaggerwild you are simply wrong about this. Your grandstanding doesn't help your case. Why would any PC hardware manufacturer use solder that melts at it's own rated Tjunction Max? That's not to say 90C is healthy, it's bad for reasons I've already explained to you. But it's certainly not melting solder. Restore my faith in humanity and think this over.
    Also, your response to @MajorMagee suggest you're confusing F with C.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Smough and Kolt like this.
  19. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  20. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Links broken. Even skynet can't fix that.