Introducing FLEM - The Legacy Modder for legacy DirectX 9 and 10 cards.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Jul 14, 2013.

1. anomalyx

anomalyx Guest

GPU:
    HD 5970
    Hello folks,
    At first i want to say, thanks for this nice tool!
    Now i'v got back hope about getting my second gpu to work.

After some new AMD drivers my second gpu stoped working and like two
    years later damn AMD cancelt the support for my HD 5970, i think its a great
    card it still can play new games in low @ 60 fps... So i want to get my
    second GPU power back!
    The latest drivers that worked for me with dual gpu where 13.12.
    I tried it on Windows- 7, 8.1 and 10!

So maybe you people can help me out? What files do i have to merge to get 16.5.2 with dual GPU?

/edit
    In AMD Forums people report about the same problems with dual gpu. I even bought a new mobo...

And sorry for the short infos. By second gpu not working is meaned that its deactivated in radeon settings.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Hi,

There is a procedure for modding dual cards in the previous post http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5255083&postcount=558

Try using the files from https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...6.2.1-for-Non-GCN-Products-Release-Notes.aspx

3. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    Can I run newer than 13.9 for AGP HD4670?

Just looking for 2560x1440 over HDMI cable that can support 4096x2160 60hz.

4. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    hi i have 7970 any mod to unlock all r9 380x feauters fake id especially freesync toggle even its not supported by hardware scaler !? and for other stuff please pro

elaganza likes this.

5. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Tool updated ;), for more info see the first post of this thread.

z8373767 likes this.
  6. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    I can't install the newest version of FLEM because of ESET: ''A suspicious application (MSIL/Packed.ConfuserJ) was found in a file(FLEM.exe) that FLEM_Setup.exe tried to access. The file has been deleted.''

7. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Which antivirus ? - Should be a false positive.

8. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    ESET Internet Security latest version. I'll try excluding it from detection and see how it goes. Btw, which two driver version do you recommend for me to try for a 4870? Thanks in advance. :)

9. buizelOWO

buizelOWO Member

GPU:
    ATI RADEON
  10. adzkii

adzkii Guest

GPU:
    hd radeon 2600 pro
    @AmiloMan site seems to be down, also the navigation links are blank, non-clickable.

cheers

11. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Watcher and AlleyViper like this.
  12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    disregard this message

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  13. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    LiorA, Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  14. LiorA

LiorA Guest

GPU:
    Amd 6770M
    Hi,

I have HP laptop with I7-2630QM, AMD 6770M and intel 3000.

I want to upgrade to windows 10 (because the end of support).
    I have win7 and win10 dual boot.

I tried to use your tool, but it doesn't work for me..

Any help will be appreciated !

p.s:
    please help..

Thank's !

15. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply haven't been lurking the forums for awhile.
    I'm hoping you get the basic concept of modding the drivers using the tool. Here is what you can try, haven't tested it but its worth a try...

Look for these drivers suitable for your OS 32bit/64bit and download and extract it by clicking on setup, when the window to install appears close it.
    Base drivers to be inserted into the cocktail lounge(the place where you can select multiple files).
    AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta for Non GCN Products https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-non-gcn-16-2-1-beta

Driver to be modded (Just select a latest crimson package, not sure if adrenalin will work with this yet, needs testing)
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-2-3
    Extract this by clicking setup and wait till the main setup window appears then close the window.

In the driver browser on the top right corner select the 19.2.3 and in the cocktail maker select the files from the 16.2.1 package.
    If you are running 32bit then only the first 4 files are required if 64bit then continue selecting all 8 files down the list, follow every prompt with a yes until the process is complete.

Installation: Run the modded drivers setup.exe, if the is not in the list then just force install with device manager.

For further info read the guide section for a more detailed guide.
    https://www.digitalflem.com/guide

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020

16. Mikeztm

Mikeztm Member

GPU:
    HD7870XT
    7970 is 280X(GCN1 Tahiti) not 380X(which is a rebranded 285 Tonga GCN3). So There's no way to enable 380X only feature on it.

You have to flash a BIOS to make it 280X, but the only difference is clock speed and the name. Feature support were the same.

I hate this GCN mess. HD7870 even made it into 370X. Feature difference in same "generation" is a huge problem. You were not guaranteed to get more feature by step up a tier. 260X have all feature 290X have and is feature wise better than 280X or 370X

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  17. LiorA

LiorA Guest

GPU:
    Amd 6770M
    Hi,
    What is the oldest driver it is working with ?

My computer is HP, it can work with HP 2011 drivers ?

Thank's!

18. ly5683

ly5683 Guest

GPU:
    RadeonX600/256
    Hello, I stumbled across your tool. I have an old HP zd8000 laptop with the Mobility Radeon x600. It had Windows 7 on it when I picked it up for free and is still fast enough for basic usage surprisingly. Graphics drivers worked. I formatted it with a clean install of Windows 7 and installed the Microsoft x600 drivers through windows update and it worked fine for about a week. Suddenly, it refused to work with the built-in screen and only with an external monitor. Thus, I thought it was the screen that decided to take a dump. However, after defaulting to the standard VGA driver that comes with windows, the built-in screen works fine. No matter what I try to do, putting the driver on makes the built-in screen stop functioning. Upon googling, I found that there is no Windows 7 support for the x600, weird as it was working fine for a few days. Thus, I downloaded FLEM and installed the correct version of .Net and ensured that I had direct X 9 June 2010 installed and tried to run your tool. FLEM installs fine but whenever I try to run it, it comes up with an error saying it unexpectedly quit and nothing ever opens. Is there some sort of workaround?

19. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Did you install .net 4.6.2? Go to the app install folder and check for a log file, if it exists Copy/Paste it or attatch it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  20. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Check the HP website and also the AMD legacy drivers on the AMD site. What are you trying to accomplish?