AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.2 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2020.

1. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    Hi guys , wanna ask a question

When using AMD cleanup utility , do you guys first disable the internet before using it just like DDU ?

Thanks

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Im always using, Reset + Keep settings, net is ON -> all OK always.
    Im not using DDU at all :cool:

3. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    I am not on 2020 drivers yet , still using 19.10.1 whql , when i switch to the first release of 2020 drivers , when i game , the screen will freeze , alt tab back and forth only fix it for a few seconds and freeze again.

I thinking of trying the latest 20.2.2

So you mean I dont need to disable my internet and go ahead to safe mode and use AMD cleanup utility ?

Thanks!

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    First try Factory Reset + Kepp options (or without if You will)

5. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    I mean I am not on 2020 drivers yet and I gonna uninstall 19.10.1 with amd cleanup utility to wipe it clean of residue , you keep telling me to factory reset + keep options :(

If using amd cleanup utility doesn't need to disable internet then i will go ahead , I have to disable internet when using DDU in order to stop windows from update.

my main point is i want to uninstall 19.10.1 and use amd cleanup utility to wipe the residue , using DDU folks recommend to disable the internet , after that install the driver.

I am just asking this crucial step , do I need to disable the internet first ?

6. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    There are no crash dumps for the relevant times.
    Gave the deleting files a go, I'd already done this once when the game first came out and the in game VoIP wouldn't work.
    Just for the record:
    Disabled internet
    DDU to Safe Mode
    Removed 19.12.1 driver
    Clean and restart with DDU
    Installed 20.2.2 with factory reset
    Enabled Internet
    Deleted files from players folder
    Started the game and phhhhttttt the same problem

I think this more or less proves it's a driver problem.
    Any one wanna buy second hand RX5700XT one careful owner lol

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    says the guy with a 1080ti :/

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Stop letting your ego get in the way of critical thought.
    AMD doesn't need your defense, it needs your feedback and criticism to encourage them to be better, do better.
    Same as Nvidia and Microsoft, (who btw, have broken dx12 gsync again :mad:)

Some users are less tolerant / patient with the products they paid money for functioning below their expectations.

Passus likes this.
  9. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    no agenda, i just want the crap to work
    I got two AMD systems Vega 8 and RX Vega M. (and 4 NVIDIA systems)
    The Vega 8 has the stupid GUI issue, RX Vega M does not.

But every single time I try to install drivers on either one it says something went wrong bla bla, and have to take out DDU.

And before anyone jumps to conclusions bla bla its a NUC. One is, other one is not. And it says right on Intel site to grab the AMD drivers as they are done updating them.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Passus likes this.
  10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    That's very odd. I feel for you though. I already updated my version of MW 2019 yesterday and have been having a blast in warzone. I've asked around while playing to see if anyone else has/had your problem and no one knew what I was talking about. I've looked for threads as well about this issue in MW and haven't come up with anything :confused:.
    In any case good luck with your endeavors.

------------------------------------------
    That reminds me, shouldn't AMD update their profile for MW2019 for optimizations for warzone?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020

11. Michael Lange

Michael Lange Member

GPU:
    Navi
    Why? It runs perfect.

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Any performance uptick found in a sandbox gaming environment is appreciated. Let's be honest, sandbox gaming performance on AMD can stand some improvement.

13. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    @SpajdrEX reporting back now. After receiving the first black screen with the 20.2.2 driver when watching YT three or four days after the release I did lock the min freq of the VEGA64 (Liquid) GPU at the P1 stage @855 / 810 mV.
    Now after four or five days --- without any issues. I believe the remaining few percent of issues might be related to different idle clock (or voltage) handling compared to the old 2019 driver branch.
    Locking at P1 and bumping up the clocks and voltage above P0 is... suboptimal.... Maybe it would be feasible to bump the idle ones by a few percent (internally)? So that e.g. the idle is not 20-50 MHz but 40-70? etc.
    I mean with 20.2.2 it got a little better, but I got a feeling that we are still not there yet.
    Btw --- latest BIOS I could get for my VEGA64 LC was 016.001.001.000.008774 and this is what is installed and running atm.

14. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    I wouldn't say it runs perfect...
    https://community.amd.com/thread/249834
    https://community.amd.com/thread/249043
    there are anothers topics in reddit/amd/activision forum

It seens that V56/V64/VII are affected, but I really dont know if it is a MW or AMD problem. Researchs states that this started to happen after a MW november update, but I might be mistaken, since I bought the game in february, so for my vega64 this is always happened..

15. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    That's happening even on GeForce cards. It needs to be addressed by game patch.

Thiago Diniz and MerolaC like this.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    This happens on both, AMD and NVIDIA.

Thiago Diniz likes this.
  17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Something odd going on with this game. I use to have to wait for shaders to load up whenever I installed new drivers. Now the notification for it doesn't show up but I can tell it's working in the background do to the odd stutter at main menu.

I wouldn't be surprised if that pixelation is a result of shaders are not being loaded up properly.

Thanks a lot for that Beenox "talent" :rolleyes:

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Well what do you know, I can no longer delete and reinstall the shaders in MW2019.
    I knew Beenox was behind this mess!!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  18. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    Right, but 3 of my friends with 2xRTX2070 and 1xGTX1070 has not this kind of texture problems in MW, but I know that there is a lot of things involved, so many configs combinations/brands.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me to the point that make me wanna stop playing it, it was just a note. I've been following this forum section since I bought Vega64 last year and in fact I've never have experience any of the problems reported here like crashes, black screen, GUI problems, etc.. (always using latest drivers with undervolt/overclock). not that I remember

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What I found as a partial fix is this (make sure you exit out of Battle.net):
    Rename/Delete the "player" folder from: C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare
    Delete the "Main" folder from:: X:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Start Battle.net and it will auto detect some missing files and should put MW shortcut on your desktop. Start the game. It will tell you to restart it do to an update. Wait a minute 1st.
    Restart the game and check your settings. Fix up your Graphics settings. Resolution, etc. It seems now it loads up shader cache per match. So load up a match and see what happens.
    If you notice the main folder doesn't have as many files as it does before. They did something but what I don't know. But as it stands now Beenox has disabled pre caching of shaders...o_O

Edit:

This didn't work for me though.

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I have no problem with the shader cache generation.
    Only the "pixelation" around sights.

Other than that, the game is smooth.

Thiago Diniz likes this.