The Guru3D Mobile Games Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by MaXThReAT, Mar 8, 2020.

1. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    It was suggested in the Smart Phone section, by another member, that we have a thread to share and talk about mobile games. I think this is a great idea. As phones become more powerful we're getting better and better games. I recently picked up a S9+ and I'm very impressed with a few games. I'm not talking about little apps like candy crush I'm talking about full fledged games with real gameplay. If flappy bird is your thing though go ahead and mention it.

So lets share our favorite games lists. I'm always on the lookout for awesome new games.

Some games that I'm playing right now.

Grid Autosport - Amazing Full game with PC like experience.
    Asphalt Xtreme, Asphalt 8 & 9. - Amazing graphics, fun gameplay.
    Need for Speed No Limits - Also good graphics, fun gameplay.
    Dead Trigger 1 & 2 - Neat zombie shooter with impressive graphics.
    Brothers in Arms 3 - Really good WWII shooter.
    Shadowgun Legends - An amazing SP and MP shooter. Top notch graphics.
    COD mobile - Can't skip it. Great MP and graphics.
    PUBG Mobile - It's PUBG.
    Modern Combat Versus - Cool MP shooter with impressive graphics.
    ARK Survival Evolved - It's Mobile ARK. Amazing.
    Final Fantasy Mobius - Very neat little game, impressive graphics.
    Forgotten Memories - A great Horror game with PC like graphics gameplay.
    Mortal Kombat - Limited gameplay but amazing graphics.
    Injustice 1 & 2 - Limited gameplay, great graphics.
    Hijacker Jack - A FMV game. Really fun.
    War Tortoise 2 - Strange game, Amazing graphics.

Honorable Mentions
    Zombie Gunship Revenant AR - Very cool AR game.
    8 Ball Pool - App game but I'm hooked playing with a friend.
    War Robots - Mech combat game. Looks okay, fun.

So are what are you all playing, lets share our favorite games. I would love to find more Augmented Reality games. I know there's some upcoming games that look very impressive.

Serotonin and drandiiski like this.
  2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Cool thread! I may actually try some mobile games curated by fellow gurus, cause trying to filter the trash on mobile is a bit much.

For me at least, mobile gaming has been mostly emulating old PC and console games - ScummVM, Snes9x EX+, OpenTyrian etc. The one actual modern game I have installed is Aliens vs Pinball, which is the mobile version of Pinball FX2 Aliens tables and it is pretty good.

MaXThReAT likes this.
  3. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    This is exactly what I'm hoping for because it really is hard to find decent mobile games. The google app store is just horrible when it comes to search options/suggestions. I've been going off YT review videos mainly. Today I just found out about Deus Ex:The Fall. To bad it's no longer for sale... but you can find it to "download."
    I really want to find more full games to buy but only finding free games with terrible microtransactions. There are a few I named above that are free but really don't push their microtransactions or ads much at all. I have yet to hit any real paywalls. I purchased Grid Autosport and Forgotten Memories and they're both simply amazing full fledged games.
    As for the emulation, yes! I've got my entire library of PSP/sega/snes games up and running and it's pretty awesome. Literally hundreds and hundreds of games. And the PSP games look pretty good upscaled.
    Anyway, thank you for the pinball suggestion ganna try it out, looks fun.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm still addicted to Mario Kart on my phone. Haven't needed to invest any money and it's enjoyable having to pull off tricks to gain enough points to get stars, so much so going back to proper Mario Kart of Wii U is plain boring to me now. Really well thought out game.

Gear Club is another fun racer I've been playing, and they finally upgrade Final Fantasy to fit my Note 10+, so I'm about to start that.

Also playing Dolphin emulator.

MaXThReAT likes this.

5. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    What Final Fantasy are you playing? FF Mobius has been fun.
    I'm thinking about getting The Last Remnant - Remastered. I remember when it came out for PC and I was impressed. They managed to port the entire game to mobile.

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Man, I wrote that like I speak a different language lol. Sorry. It's Final Fantasy 3. But actual 3, not "6". It was on nes, then a remake on, I believe, DS where they upgraded the graphics to DS standards. I bought Last Remnant out of curiosity and hype that a full game like that made it to mobile, but the battles are just not my cup of tea. Game looks great though.

7. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Yeah, kinda cool. Just discovered by enabling developer mode you can force msaa X4 in OpenGL apps. At 1440p on this screen it looks pretty awesome. 3DMark almost melted my phone though.

8. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    For anyone interested you should try Bright Memory mobile as well. It's really amazing, the graphics and gameplay some of these games have. From what I understand it's exactly the same as the PC version but I haven't tried it yet on PC.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  9. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Sorry that I dont have much to recommend, but could you guys say when recommending a game if it's free or not? Or pay to win or not. Games which seem good and are free usually after a while start to be extremely grindy or expensive to proceed.

10. markjanko

markjanko Guest

GPU:
    RTX 1080TI
    I totally agree with this games which seem good and are free usually after a while start to be extremely grindy or expensive to proceed later on every game free game come up with different sort of skin weapons and they are expensive.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Brave Conquest is worth a look. Not pay to win. Loads of fun.
    BattleChasers: NightWar. RPG, but a very, very good one.

Serotonin likes this.
  12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I have been without a phone for a long time, i now own a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus i got like new for only 75 euro.
    So far it runs every game smooth, so i'm looking for a affordable mobile controller.

This week i bought a used Ipega PG-9023 but it doesn't seem to work at all with any controller mapper that was suggested.
    The buttons work just fine browsing my phone, but mappers don't recognize any buttons.

Can anyone recommend a good one for around 40-50 euro?
    I currently have my eyes on the Trust Gaming GXT 590 for 41 euro.

EDIT: I bought a like new used GameSir T1 gamepad, it's a chinese controller like the Ipega.
    I am seriously impressed, the gamepad feels great and the thumbsticks are very accurate.

I have yet to get a working keymapper for my phone, all the free versions on google play don't really work or are just a pain to get it to work.
    I might buy the Panda Gamepad Pro app that seems to be easy to set-up.
    The app for this controller doesn't come with one, and it seems i have to buy a usb stick to get the keymapper for it which i plain ridiculous if you ask me...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I’ve been playing a crapton of Dead Cells on Steam lately and just found that it released on Android two weeks ago. Got me a phone stand for the Xbox One controller and it looks like I’ll be playing a lot more of that game now.
    IMG_20200617_175700.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Sinoalice comes out tomorrow I think. Looks interesting. I picked up the glap controller, liking it a lot. It's compatible with xcloud and steam play. Also works with dolphin emu. Really adds options to mobile gaming for me.

https://sinoalice.global/en/

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Well, sinoalice sucks....typical gacha game. I thought it was an rpg.

Anyway, anyone using geforce now? I tried it on my phone last night using cellular data. I was blown away at how smooth it was. The library of titles is quite small, but the performance erases that disappointment. i've tried Steam remote play, it's terrible. Lags constantly, pixelated, etc. xcloud works well. But the IQ suffers. I try all of these through cellular data because realistically, when i'm on the go that's what i'll be using. I played Shadow of the tomb raider yesterday through geforce now. My connection was smooth, no hiccups, no pixelated scenes, no lag. Really impressed. Worth the $4.99 for the founders. I just hope they can add more games through steam and epic.

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    OK, so I decided to try the free version of GeForce Now, but I’m confused. I did not enter any information about any platforms or accounts and when I open the app there are a bunch of games. Some of them I own, some of them not. There is no option to link Steam account for example. I don’t really understand the “bring your own games” thing.. Where? How?

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    KOTOR works surprisingly well on phone.
    Screenshot_20190726_234350_com.aspyr.swkotor.jpg
    Ironically it support wide screen unlike the PC version.

18. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    You can only access games you own. And they have to be supported. So if you see a game on the interface you own, just click it, it will then have you log into your steam or epic account to confirm you own the game and then you go into the game. All cloud based, your pc stays offline.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB