AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.2 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2020.

1. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Active Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    I guess I didn't notice that, since AMD Ryzen™ V-Series V1605B doesn't really fall into either A or E series category, since its V series, but whatever...

every Adrenalin 2020 driver (except 20.2.2) had the new GUI, I installed every single previous 2020 driver and there was no issue with GUI, 20.2.2 is the first one.

already went back to 20.2.1, lets see how long it will take them fixing something that was already working.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  2. nekrosoft13

GPU:
    1080ti
    i don't have a problem with you or the community (it would help if the community, wouldn't jump to assumptions and automatically start blaming the user)
    I have a problem with AMD drivers.

and i'm not the only one
    https://www.techspot.com/news/84005-gamers-ditching-radeon-graphics-cards-over-driver-issues.html
    https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-gpu-drivers-are-a-mess-black-screen-stuttering-flickering-issues/

and there are tons more.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-2-2

The community already pointed this out to you and you ignore it. I can only assume that your only defense to your own issues is to further blame the community "for defending AMD".

You created an account to post you didn't have the new GUI, not a driver issue. When pointed to the fact that AMD is aware of it (and considered it low priority) you now want to pioneer your holy crusade that AMD sucks in an AMD driver thread. LOL

Personally at this point I really don't believe you have the issues you claim. It only appears you are here to troll the community. Be that as it may you have your answer to the problem. I could care less for your issue at this point. ;)

Michael Lange likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    AMD V series is not A or E series.

Most likely an accidental omission though.

AlleyViper likes this.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The reason your Vega 8 doesn't get the new interface is because the Wattman code probably hasn't been updated for your hardware, and thus the driver selects the older interface and software. This has happened before with other hardware. I remember this happening with the HD5870M, and took a few months before Wattman was compatible.

You are still using the same driver base, just no 2020 interface. So really, why are you complaining? Is there some feature you are missing?

If it was enabled before in previous releases, then either there's an oops, or more likely they encountered an incompatibility and reverted it for the time being.

6. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Look. I've been in a similar situation with you. My solution was to move away from AMD and I don't regret my decision (it's irrelevant if it was a good or bad decision the important part is that I don't regret it).

Sell the hardware and be done with it. It just doesn't worth to get annoy about it.

P.S.: I don't say NVIDIA is problem free, I just say that in my particular case the problems that I had with AMD don't happen with NVIDIA.

Now with 20.2.2 same as with every single driver since 15.7 Dota 2 is showing texture corruption in menu and ingame with dx9 + exclusive fullscreen + vsync. The issue is the profile for Dota 2 in the dx9 .dll. Maybe just maybe this is gonna be fix because it will be a 5 years old issue soon...

Also Vulkan is not working at all with my HD 7750 in 20.2.2.
    Code:
    c:\vulkansdkbuild\workspace\khronos-tools\repo\vulkaninfo\vulkaninfo.h:458: failed with ERROR_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY

This is what vulkaninfo is reporting. No Vulkan game,application is working, basicaly all report missing Vulkan support.
    For example with 18.8.1 Vulkan is happy working with my HD 7750.

Don't say you have no use for Vulkan on a HD 7750. Dota 2 with Vulkan is happy working with HD 7750. (For my use case a HD 7750 is more than enough, I'm CPU bottleneck.)

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Now it's time for my Experience Evaluation for 2020 Adrenalin:

Im now Testing 19.12.1 (Old 2019 Adrenalin)

In 2020 FreeSync is wonky (not completely Broken) not supa' smooth as it should be.

Tested:
    Wolcen, Bottom part of the screen have some sort of Tear (it's not butter smooth)
    BFV, Same ^^
    Division2, Smooth in both revisions (DX11 & DX12 alike).
    Forza H4, Same as Wolcen & BFV (it is more visible in customization menus e.g. when Upgrading car bottom menus), when racing is less noticable.
    Ghost R. Breakpoint, Smooth in both revisions.

The Division 2 HBCC in DX11 is OK, need to Turn it OFF for DX12 (game won't launch in DX12+HBCC)
    Overall i will wait for Team to solve FreeSync issues in 2020.
    It's always Bottom of the screen that is wonky.

Vanguard Team can submit this.
    For now im not in a hurry to change for 2020 again.
    19.12.1 is Fine, it's also one of the fastest to date :D

FreeSync is the best what we have for Our Radeon GPUs -> Sort this out Team.

It is obvious for me that this started when they announced FreeSync Pro, Premium etc.

They broke something, my Monitor can do 10Bit, FS Range: 30-75Hz (set in CRU) w/LFC so it's similar to Pro (not Premium cuz' no HDR).

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @OnnA That is with Vega 64 card, right?

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Original AMD XTX Liquid.

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @OnnA : reported, thanks for info

OnnA likes this.

11. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    Was a little confused with your earlier post showing Radeon settings on Intel/Amd, but found that Intel (NUC model ?) directs you to RX Vega64 download from AMD (or you hack installed it ?).

Then all I find for your V1605B is,
    V1000.PNG V1000 driver.PNG
    Just wondering where your getting drivers from ?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  12. Gort

Gort Guest

GPU:
    Hello I have an issue after installing these drivers, I cannot change the fan speed via the ATI control panel or MSI afterburner. In fact my fan speed is locked at the default minimum, so my GPU is idle at 50c ish. Previous to this driver update I set fan speed with Afterburner to 40%, idle on desktop at 30c and when playing fallout 4 my gpu never went higher than 40c. I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall drivers, but after the install I ran into the issue I have described. I have tried uninstalling MSI afterburner and the 5700 drivers, but the problem remains. I suspect this is an issue of Afterburner conflicting with ATI somehow, but I am at a loss as to the resolution.

Is there anyone here who is familier with the issue, I know ATI has twitchy drivers, and i have been green for over 10 years and I am usless at fixing ATI problems as a result.

Gort.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's a override or something in this driver so it runs at a different min speed and also ramps up and behaves a bit different from earlier drivers.
    Think the stock cooler is locked around 20% speed on idle now though with these drivers the GPU follows the Wattman custom fan curve and target temps a bit better however from testing it sounds like it rarely hits the higher states which could be concerning in more demanding titles where the card would otherwise hit the thermal limit and start throttling but this card rarely approaches the 100 - 110 degrees junction temp required for this.
    (Although the earlier drivers often ramped up the fans and then wound them down so that's also a bit of a change though a welcome one for having the GPU operating at a similar temperature level but less fan boosting and resulting noisiness.)

EDIT: In effect the idle speed same as before just isn't impacted by Wattman under Adrenaline 2020 and now it runs at a lower fan target (From 30% to 20% for the reference cooler I believe.) so for idle temps the card runs a bit hotter both surface/edge and the junction temp although once there's something that causes the GPU to register some more activity it then follows the Wattman overrides much better than before.

Think even the default settings are a bit better by having the GPU fan react quicker to changes and avoiding overshooting or boosting the fans to near max and winding them down from there.

Though it still curious that there is no P0 or toggle for overriding idle speeds as that worked just fine in Adrenaline 2019 and including the Navi GPU models so it should still be possible but there's some software thing in the driver defining a certain behavior now.

Gort likes this.
  14. Gort

Gort Guest

GPU:
    So as a consequence I idle in windows at 55c and when playing fallout 4 temps go down to 48c. Madness.

Before this I could set fan to 40% and run at 30c in windows and never higher than 40c playing Fallout 4. Utter madness.

15. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Things that worked for me:
    1; Used AMD Cleanup Utility instead of DDU (did a previous uninstall with DDU).
    2; With regards to MSIA and CPU monitoring tools, uninstall these before you install Radeon driver. Then setup your fancurve/OC in the radeon software/driver (save your profile when you got it where you want), THEN install MSIA and just leave it as is in default (i assume you use it for RTSS OSD monitoring as i do, if not then you really do not need it).
    Also, check if your GPU Mem clock stays at max when idling, it did for me because i ran 75Hz refresh rate and somehow thst kept my mem clock from throttling down in idle with high temps as result. If this is the case, set a custom resolution in radeon software as well (for some strange reason 75/144HZ etc is not liked by software, if you run 60/120Hz etc..the problem is not there).

I am now running MSIA/RTSS/Rainmeter/CPUID for my desktop and have them in background when gaming with no issues. Gpu idles at 28-30 degrees as opposed to 45-50 before at the minimum fanspeed allowed by Radeon Software.

this helped me, hope it helps you :)

Gort likes this.

16. Gort

Gort Guest

GPU:
    My monitor is a 144hz, and yes mem clocks on the VRAM was at 100% as you stated. Moved to 60hz and they went down. I'm unsure what you meen by setting a custom resolution, could you elaborate?

17. nekrosoft13

GPU:
    1080ti
    don't worry, my main systems are nvidia.

But I always keep one or two AMD system arounds kinda to keep "tabs" if their drivers improved.

Can't ditch this system, is a special system, Udoo Bolt.

and thanks for some in the community to point it out, V series is not A or E.

18. nekrosoft13

GPU:
    1080ti
    that a old GPU driver mixed with current chipset driver, AMD is just slow updating the package.
    nothing to "hack". you install the chipset driver and later upgrade the GPU driver, per the OEM.

19. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    You can as an alternative run your monitor at 120Hz instead of 144hz, that should also fix it ( Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties for display x > monitor tab and choose 120Hz)

In radeon Software Global Display > Custom Resolutions > create New : Eg. for me 2560x1440, 75Hz, Timing resolution CVT (for you maybe 1920x1080, 144Hz, CVT). On a sidenote, when i use this custom resolution the software switches me to 6bit and refuses to go to 8 or 8+2bit, which is why you may want to run at 'just' 120Hz ;)

Gort likes this.
  20. Gort

Gort Guest

GPU:

I moved to CVT timing and Vram throttled back at idle. I have reverted to an earlier driver, and Afterburner is allowing user defined fan control. I have contacted ATI about the issue and if i get a resolution I will let you know. Thank you for your help.