Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by metagamer, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    stuff looks real...............BAMM! Look at that lighting........WOW

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Amaze and cerebus23 like this.
  2. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    gimme longbow apache in that. i there.

Coolerking likes this.
  4. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Yes! Want to fly one of these badboys in a good simulator.

Also love how the dude says "Mikrosoft".

cerebus23 likes this.

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    At 0:53 I couldn't help but think "Yeah, imagine Skyrim like this".

I'm just very impressed by what they're doing on a technical level with this simulator. I've never been a gamer for simulator 'games' but in many cases they've been impressive across the decades. There's some shots in this video that for a brief moment legit look real.

6. n9nu

n9nu Member

GPU:
    NV GeForce RTX 4090
    Guys

A High end PC costing $$$$$ will NOT be needed for MS's new flight sim (MS Flight Sim Nex-Gen) - my own title..lol.

Your Internet bandwidth will dictate on what you are streamed...the more bandwidth, the more detail you get and @ higher texture resolution - Satellite based.

A 2060 would be enough to handle what you see as NOT all be processed in real time as it was in the past. Its being push/pulled to you based on where you are/will be in the near future. Scenery can be cached offline as well.

Sooooo many people are thinking you need a 2080ti then some to see the results to do. NO!

You just need to read up on the new technologies being used to give you what you see. YES your GPU will render and fill in certain things, however, it won't be saturated like before.

It's called 'adaptive streaming' and will detect your gear and stream you what your card can handle taking into account what your GPU, CPU, etc. can handle as well.

Tim Dickerson
    ARS N9NU
    Woodlake Landing, IL
    ICAO: IS65

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yes sucking up your bandwith to run games remotely is the wave of the future and those data caps and bandwith limits and lack of infrastructure investment, that MS and google and every other ISP took tax breaks and subsidies to to do but BARELY did anything.

and if you make ms or google mad, violate nebulous and vague tos that can change on a whim, then these games that are not on your computer at all good luck playing them ever again.

i so want to lease my games from microsoft and google, please rob me abuse me and f me harder. consumers rights? haha ms and gaggle and epic working by inches to end any notion of those.

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I think you are mistaken. Azure will be used to load the portions of the world you are flying over (for disk space limitations) and, according to your bandwidth, they will be more or less detailed, but always based on the graphical settings and resolution you choose. This doesn't mean that you won't need a very powerful PC to run the game, rendering the physics, the weather effects, the traffic and in general the whole image you'll get on the screen won't be an easy job for a system. We are not talking about a streaming service like stadia.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Let's minimise the crazy talk in at least one thread please?

This game isn't possible without steaming as no consumer is capable of downloading and storing that amount of data.

People with data caps may be able to play this, but if not then that's your problem and would exist whether the game was offline or online. We all have to deal with some sort of hardware limitation.

Regarding the hardware needed, as per above I have saw nothing that suggests you won't need a high end setup. Unless i have missed something this isn't any cloud computing going on.

There is an Xbox version though so who knows but that could very well be 720/30.

10. Some interesting audio design...

I really hope they'll add helicopters and ultralights.

cerebus23 and Bond!JamesBond! like this.

11. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    if they don't someone will, 3rd party developer.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    This game.. is on my list.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

youtube in my travels got on a kick of recommending this world record holding ultralight guy, fascinating stuff to see him hunt down updrafts and wind like a bird and travel 100s of miles via that technique.

definitely find his channel if your into that stuff, i cant recall the channel name but hes out of cali and there cant be that many world record glider videos.

he runs his altimeter fuil time in cockpit also you can hear when hes loosing and gaining altitude.

14. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    But nobody likes flight simulator's " it's a small niche market " yeah. Microsoft: "hold my beer".

XenthorX likes this.
  15. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    WoW...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cerebus23 and XenthorX like this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    With CP2077 it's the game i'm the most looking forward to this year.

Bond!JamesBond! likes this.
  17. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    OK, how the heck can they do so much of the world in such detail.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  18. This is probably the only game in which the "game as a service" would make perfect sense.

19. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Watched one of the video's and they said anyone in the world could find their own home,amazing.Game looks shocking great and I am not a flight sim person,it might be worth a buy just to go somewhere in the world like Antarctica and land your plane and look for the ice-wall so many flat earth people believe is there ,or will Antarctica be censored?raises an eyebrow. LOL J/K I know some of those conspiracy nuts will be reading this thread.

Game really looks phenomenal.Probably plays like crap.

Bond!JamesBond! and cerebus23 like this.