Review: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the revision 2 of the Dark Base 900 Pro from be quiet! Their flagship chassis has been updated with a new fan controller, faster Silent Wings 3 fans, a PSU shroud cover, USB 3.1 Gen 2 suppor...

Review: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hilbert, you need that infinity display on the s8 or s9! We gotta get you upgraded!

And now I need this case to go with my Dark Rock Pro...

Hilbert Hagedoorn likes this.
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Meeeeh, I am holding off a phone upgrade. S7 is fine, I hate the overinflated cost of the new phones and also love the fingerprint scanner in the thumb button. So as long as I don't drop it on a hard floor ... It's all good ;)

rl66, cryohellinc and tunejunky like this.
  4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    another great job HH.
    this case looks...huge. it rocks old school and it's perfect for all of that legacy storage.

but imo the market has gone mini/micro crazy...and i like it.
    all of my old spin drives are in a modded m-atx (CM masterbox3) nas in the pantry.

so the rest of the house is itx/laptop. i don't think i'm alone looking at the nas market.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
  6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    if you were knowing what phone i have you would be proud to have of your ultra modern S7 lol.

by the way how could this case can be E-ATX and XL-ATX with 8 PCI at the back and directely something after... ???

XL-ATX board have 8 slot but starting at slot 3 and so you need 10 slot at the back to fit all PCI and/or as in raven 8 slot as usual and space down those slot to fit the motherboard (and so only 6 slot aviable for extention at back) wich isn't the case here?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  7. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    I love Qi charging !

Bought a tilted Qi charger/holder from Amazon a few months ago just being curious what that bloody thing means, after reading that my phone is capable of charging that way.
    Since it arrived I never again plugged in the USB connector !
    Wireless data transfer/ Wireless charging.

It's so incredibly convenient not having to find that tiny hole at the bottom of the phone, especially in the dark.

Also, if you need your phone because someone calls, just pick it up, answer call and then place it back. I find it funny now when I see people trying to speak with the phone still plugged in ;-) Like the old days of corded phones.
    Finally, avoiding accidentally breaking that connector with the daily plugged-in charging is a good thing !

~~~
    We need to see this feature on more cases and other devices !!

8. Commonsens

Commonsens Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    Personally, I built rigs for their performance first, not the cosmetics. things like the phone charger or glass windows are gadgets that takes away from more important things, like better materials or clearance.
    I noticed in your built with this case that you removed the back fan in order to fit the CPU heat sink while moving it on top instead (page 8); this worries me a you used a side extraction heat sink instead of a front to back heat sink. Someone using, for example a Noctua D15 might found that the back fan will simply not fit and thus the airflow pathway will be not linear and thus not optimum.
    Without mentioning that all fans seams to be slightly out of path.

Cable management seams to be a pain in the butt with this casing and I would love to know with this review if the mentioned cut out that you hate can be practical as with mesh or ability to include a side fan.

9. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Wow... way to necro a 2018 thread o_O

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Still rocking the S7 Edge too, also holding off.