AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.2 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2020.

1. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    you can also set the desktop to 120hz it should work as 60

2. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    AFAIK they have disabled it in this release

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    When it was on i always had some micro stuttering, its just not smooth. It does not go well with a freesync too.

4. Max

Max Member

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Chrome/twitch just gives me a black screen with this driver, meh...
    There was a horizontal black stripe on the screen for a millisecond and then picture goes black and coolers goes full speed.

I wanna ask you what types of errors windows event viewer shows you in this case, do you getting kernel power 41 like in my case?

5. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    The (global) option is set to 'disabled' by default, but you can still enable it 'at your own risk'.

It should work hand-in-hand with freesync, by removing tearing if the fps goes over the Freesync range/monitor's refresh rate.
    It also means you can basically limit the frame rate to the monitor's refresh rate, instead of limiting to two or three frames below that.

I don't experience a lot of microstuttering this way, and games feel smooth (or it doesn't bother me enough to notice).

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    is your card on a riser?

7. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    So the driver did not fix my black screen issue... My second Monitor is black on startup... And i still have the FPS issue. Maybe next time

8. Max

Max Member

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Ehm.. no
    An interesting thing that i can play 24/7 without any issue
    That happens only when i browsing/watching some streams on youtube/twitch entirely or , for example, some content plays in the background (in another tab)- here's a chance to get black screen

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You seem to be only one.

10. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Billions of people on this planet, i'm never the only one.

AuerX likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hardware acceleration is still seeing reports about driver crashes or black screens, curious that it happens far back as the 390 series though but I suppose it is a good indicative for how the driver side of this fix is not yet entirely resolved so it's probably best to test by disabling hardware acceleration and seeing how it goes until AMD and other users confirm it as fixed.

EDIT: And..
    Pretty certain the various multi-display issues remain mostly unaddressed, unsure if they're resolved on Linux but I suppose the later kernels have the newest AMD code in them and maybe that's resolved it by now just to compare on the Windows situation and yes it is an issue and also affecting a number of users so not just a few though as with pretty much anything Navi it's kinda random in how it behaves or in this case misbehaves or breaks.

(Some of it might have been fixed silently but reports still show up and I have no idea if it's the GPU, software mainly the display drivers or the display hardware for how this happens.)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    ThatBusch likes this.
  12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    For now, I recommend for Navi users if playing Division 2 switch to DX11, until we investigate DX12 issues where the game randomly crashes or hangs.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Backstabak, connos and Jackalito like this.
  13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    I think it's an issue of a game... some of my friends with nV cards are experiencing the same behavior running it on DX12

14. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    I did a performance log via the driver, and uploaded the result. Logged the performance during a one hour race in iRacing. Go to line 136, thats where the race starts (where we join up with the others after qualifying, and therefore more cars are rendered, thats why the FPS is going below 100 there) The FPS usually stay between 70-100, but sometimes for like 5-40 seconds i have stutters and slight FPS drops. It only happens once or twice in an hour.

To me it looks like the GPU is at fault.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats why i asked if it was on riser, theres been browser/decoding specific issues in the past where cards could run games just fine but lockup or tdr the system when watching a video / scrolling a browser.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    maybe @ManuelG can get some DevRel going and see about getting Ubisoft to do some Aftermath/DRED/PIX tracing.

17. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    Rage 1 (OGL) crashes to desktop with this driver when starting a new game or loading a saved game.
    Single Monitor 1920x1200 60Hz non freesync display.
    Vega 64 reference at stock

18. Akakiy

Akakiy Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 MECH OC
    Thanks for the update on this. Bought the game last week and since then I had tons of crashes throughout my time in the game with DX12 renderer but DX11 seems to work just fine.

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I've been playin in DX12 all this time and haven't had that issue.

20. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    The Division 2 won't even star for me now after update 8. Crashes after the ryzen/radeon logo. WTF.

Solved the crashing problem by verifying game files. This game is murderous on gpu. I think AMD should maybe release a new driver for it? High settings, some medium at 75% of 4K and the rad 7 is barely coping. Big Navi save me from this acoustical nightmare. :eek::mad:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020