NVIDIA GPUs With 6912 And 7552 Shader Cores Show up In Benchmark

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 1, 2020.

1. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    SARS had a 60% mortality rate... hence why it killed itself out of existence in terms of spreading widely.

This new Corona virus only has a mortality rate of about 2%.... hence why it is much easier to spread.

TBH i'm not sure yet if the hysterics & media over-hyping of this is over the top or not. In my country, one kid came back from northern Italy with the virus, and now they have shut down his entire school for two weeks.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So... does every thread now turn into a CoV thread?

OT: I think these are pro cards if the leaks are real. Too much VRAM for a consumer card I think.

-Tj- likes this.
  3. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    It literally is a flu, it's just a new one so we don't have immunities to it so is more deadly to older people in particular (who's weaker immune system is normally boosted by existing immunities). Young are fine (no deaths in under 9 or younger). Death rate isn't that much higher - normal flu's kill too 0.2% to 0.4% I think and outside of Wuhan in China the WHO has coronavirus at 0.7% (probably due to better health care but viruses tend to get weaker as they spread).
    The vulnerable get a flu jab but there isn't one for corona yet and even once they have one it'll take many months to stock pile enough to protect them all. Hence we want to contain it long enough for that to happen.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    The Reeferman likes this.
  4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Nvidia might be lurking for any chance to grab every single point of profit margin but they never sandbag they where times they where the absolute performance king and they will release a faster card despite that .

5. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Wrong . Sars had 10% mortality rate.
    And moratlity rate has nothing to do with infectivity, at least not directly. And COVID19 having 2% mortality rate is wrong. Cause most cases didnot reach an outcome yet.

The Reeferman and Kaarme like this.
  6. RiVaL

RiVaL Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 2070 Super
    Such videocards will finally be able to sustain a decent fps rate in raytraced 4K games. I don't expect their performances to be stellar, but due to the smaller litography they've managed to double the number of transistors, so we can see at least over 60% performance increase.

7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well that's true, we won't know for sure until it actually happens.
    Except NVidia haven't being doing us with small upgrades - they've made some tremendous performance increases with each architecture, but Turing has been underwhelming in that regard.
    It's INFECTIOUS! :-D

cryohellinc and fantaskarsef like this.
  8. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I hope AMD uses the same tech in Ryzen on future GPU products soon, we need competition to drive the prices down badly.
    Sadly, I think it will be another 1 to 2 years to even hear about MCM on AMD GPUs, as RDNA 2.0 has no hint of being it.

Maddness and cryohellinc like this.
  9. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    lets see, something newer and/or faster, is gonna cost more.
    what a surprise.
    anyone that doesnt like the product: how about NOT buying it and you wont have to worry about it being "overpriced"...

@cryohellinc
    really? going for a teenager with autism?
    and here i thought you, belonged to the ones in the forum with a working brain.

10. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I meant H5N1 virus "bird flu"... I'm not sure if that is a SARS virus. It has killed 60% of those infected with it.

And obviously most COVID has not reached outcome yet but the disease seems to have a fatality rate of less than 2 percent.

That is why it is so deadly at spreading, because something like 60% can carry it and spread it without showing any symptoms at all.

Prediction now is...
    40-70% world population, infect within the next year.
    Having a 2% mortality rate, will leave between 60-100+ million dead

Undying likes this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I saw this earlier but noticed the upload dates of the benches Oct 31 and Nov 29. Someone sat on them for a few months and just now leaks them?

12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I will commit sudoku to redeem myself.

carnivore likes this.
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That avatar fits you perfectly :p

Undying likes this.
  14. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Same here....

15. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    More or less discovered in the database.

16. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    OMFG!!!:confused::confused::confused:
    And you were such a good fellow...-put a paper bag over your avatar for a month!

speaking about corona virus Nvidia should change architecture name from Ampere to Corona-V and gave a box of free corona beer for every card sold - now that's entertainment!

17. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    :D

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It didn't though, there are significant vulkan and dx12 improvements due to refinement and expanded capability of the chips half point and integer capabilities.

That raytracing was doable in itself was because they focused on parallelization in the warps and finally split up int and fp

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    they're gonna have a hard time promoting the new gpus with raytracing as after full lifetime of RTX 20XX we still only have around 4-5 games putting it to use.

BF5, Metrox Exodus, Control, Wolfenstein Young Blood,... one that i forgot maybe?

Got to say that's .. sad :confused:

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    COD

Few others are going to launch around the same time. I think they'll gain some RT steam from Xbox/PS5 launch though - I'm sure they'll have multiple launch raytrace titles to show off the capability.

fry178, Maddness and XenthorX like this.