Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just because their annoyance is intended, doesn't make it better.
    I glanced over a few clips on youtube... and yeah. I'm gonna pass on this one.

Borderlands 2 pushed my limits for stupid dialog/humor. I did not find the game funny, but pushed through because the core gameplay loop was "okay".
    Adding a slide and mantle move... are not enough to get me to grind through yet another one.
    And, judging from the clips I saw, definitely not with the new main baddies. And even a lot of the dialog from existing/returning characters.

I wish Gearbox would go back to making more serious games, like the Brothers in Arms series. Borderlands becoming so successful has, IMO, kind of killed the studio. They've stopped trying to push their limits and instead, falling into a safe zone.
    Duke Nukem is dead, no matter what Randy says about "We didn't just buy Duke to release DNF, we have plans"... and no matter how many times he says a new BiA is in the works.
    As long as BL continues to be a cash cow, I don't see them ever bothering to give those older IPs a second glance.

Kolt likes this.
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    And as long as Bitchford is the head of studio

Kolt likes this.
  3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    While the story of BL2 is better, the villians suppose to represent the youth of today that obessed with themselves way too much, you suppose to hate them.

Rest of the writing is ok and pretty good at times, especially close to the end game.

It's easily the best borderlands game and i can't wait for the new DLC.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    The villains on BL3 are just annoying. Any attempt to make them fearful and dangerous fails completely with bad writing and constant bad jokes.
    And then there is Ava, the perfect example of how not to write a character.
    Most of the story is just bad and really not worth the time it takes.
    BL2 had much better characters, story and jokes. It wasn't amazingly funny, but it managed to get a few laughs once in a while.

On BL3 gameplay, combat, loot and skills are pretty good and I had a lot of fun with the game.
    I went back to play BL2 to compare and I have to say that BL3's gameplay is not all that different, but it is improved to the point where you can notice it immediately.
    I haven't bought the Season pass, mostly because they have only released one DLC at this time. But I will buy it, eventually, because the game is fun to play.

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I have to agree with some of you here. I don't think BL3 is worth it regardless of launcher and price. I tried playing the previous ones and have never finished a single one. Humor is usually "OK" but gets annoying after a while and the gameplay is never enough for me. EGS/Randy issues aside I don't think I have any interest left. Ironically the EGS exclusive thing in the end just gave me time to consider the game more and realize how much I actually don't want it at all. The game just looks lame and made for tweens. Even on Steam for dirt cheap this is being avoided.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Plus, DOOM Eternal comes out March 20th.
    Pfft on BL3.

Kolt likes this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah DOOM: Eternal is my main waiting-for-game too but BL3 looks like fun and I like loot-shooters.

Plus I don't care for the story or characters that much anyway (in this type of game) so as long as you get to kill the villains I'm fine, lols.

8. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    oh yeah.. its on Steam right now. the EGS bubble around BL3 made me
    dislike everything about this studio, so even at a sale price point.. nope. no thank you,
    and best of luck with the next game.

Kolt likes this.
  9. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Why do different websites list April 13th as a possible release date on Steam, saying it's 6 months later than the original release (September 13th)? 6 months on from September 13th is March 13th not April.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Because working out what 6 months from September 13th means is too difficult...

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Is it possible to transfer the game from EPIC to steam?

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just pay 60 bucks again i think is the only way.

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Why would you want to do that?

14. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Surely you know that a lot of people hate epic.

Anyways I'm sure the answer is no, you'll just have to buy it again.

They would be foolish to release it at full price. For $60 I could buy a 6 month old game or a brand new Doom Eternal. Easy choice. It will probably be discounted like Metro was.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i was playing BL 2 kinda to kill time.

but then carrack came out :p. i can wait for a sale anyway.

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I would assume if someone hated Epic they wouldn't have bought a game on it, I dunno is that rational too simple am I missing something?

17. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Not everyone has the willpower to wait 6 months. You're being dense on purpose here.

18. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    and YOU'VE assumed the answer to a question I asked someone else.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Maybe somebody bought the game on Epic, because they wanted the game. And had no strong feelings either way on EGS.
    But, now, seeing it come to Steam... a platform they prefer, would rather have it there and don't want to have to rebuy it to have it there.

Just because someone prefers it on Steam, doesn't mean they have to "hate" EGS. Maybe... just maybe... they just aren't happy with the platform, unhappy with it's interface, download speeds...

AsiJu likes this.
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I got BL3 for free with my Ryzen CPU. And this is the only game I played on the Epic launcher.
    If there was a way to redeem my Epic key on Steam, it would mean that I would have one less launcher to install and start.
    Also, all my friends are on Steam. My friends list on Epic is completely empty. I just don't care about going through the trouble of searching and adding all my friends on the Epic launcher.
    Steam also has more features than the Epic launcher. For instance, at this moment, Epic doesn't even support achievements.