GeForce 442.50 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    You should rethink your logic, it is not ALWAYS a placebo effect.

2. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Cool story, bro.

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Amazing I play for hours and hours straight using DX12 and I have not had a single crash not related to their network in months. I guess it is VERY UNSTABLE FOR YOU. I'd check your system. You cannot tell ME what I can be sure of. Wow.

[​IMG]

Correct, you were trying to troll me with your comments regarding image quality and drivers. Such an immature little man, for days. Let see how long you will continue to entertain me.

I'm sensing your butt hurt might go on for some time. You seem the type.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I do have a strange sense of déjà vu right now @HeavyHemi . Though, the details are a tad off, shouldn't you be defending me from @Irenicus ?

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Sorry, I'm not your father figure or protector. The world is a tough place kid, at least here, the wounds are only virtual.
    [​IMG]

6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
  7. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    weird. for me all drivers from 441.41 to 442.19 were total crap but !

442.37 runs flawlessly. like butter. tested it out in around 10 games, new and older ones (GTA5, RDR2, Spyro Reignited, WoW, AoE2DE, Wolfenstein 2 and some others)

Now i wonder how 442.50 is.. If its maybe even better than 442.37 or identical or worse :D

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not the driver, the game.

The D3D12 renderer has unfixed exception errors that a driver is now expected to catch and exit which can occur due to a shader routine encountering a nullptr (Hitman 2 had a case of this too) which previously could be caught by the driver and worked around. This has been an issue since the release of wddm 2.3 drivers, which had a specific change incorporated preventing driver developers from catching and ignoring code issues.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well the division 1 runs perfectly fine in dx12, been using that all the time and it ran better, smoother, faster @dx12.. kind of funny they messed up again in 2nd game.

10. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    yep, same here.. played the first division game in dx12 for a few hundred hours and it ran perfectly fine

-Tj- likes this.

11. undorich

undorich Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce Palit 1080
    got exactly half of the pci bandwidth in 3dmark compared to the 441.87
    6,5 gb instead of 13,2 gb
    can someone confirm this as well ?

*fixed,
    wasnt the drivers fault just the reason i found out about this .. had to change 2 usb devices
    away from the cpu managed lines to the chipset (strixb350-f). so the 4 usb ports on this board interfear with the pci lanes in pcie16_1 and downgrade it to 8 i think. even if the tech manuel says it dosent. strange but now everythings back to normal.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    cannot.

13. desmonds99

desmonds99 Guest

GPU:
    Only a negligible difference for me but the results are replicable:

441.87, score: 8 435
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10286264

442.19, score: 8 441
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10762364

442.50, score: 8 301
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10783185

Rolled back to 442.19, Score: 8 480
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10783301

DDU and installed 442.50 again, 1st run score: 8 288
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10783595

Restarted PC and 2nd run, score: 8 304
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10783665

I haven't noticed much difference in games but this is the first time a driver update results in a consistent drop in score for me.

Nastya likes this.
  14. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Ive had 0 issue with D2 under dx12 and only issue i had with D1 was green flashing which i think may have been to do with reflections off close objects in front of me in the game.

Got this from Nvidia site

New Game Ready Driver Released For Apex Legends, Division 2, and ARK
    By Andrew Burnes on February 27, 2020 | Featured StoriesDrivers
    Our latest GeForce Game Ready driver delivers updates and support for new game patches and downloadable content, and adds support for three new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors.

To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab.

Game Ready For Game Updates
    If you play Apex Legends, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, or ARK, we recommend you download and install our new Game Ready Driver for an optimised experience.

In Apex Legends, our new driver includes a fix for the crash that has affected some players; for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 we’ve got day-one updates for the Warlords of New York expansion that’s releasing March 3rd; and for ARK there are updates for the new Genesis expansion.

In addition, there are fixes and changes for other titles, which you can read about in our release notes.

Support For Newly Validated G-SYNC Compatible Displays
    Our newest Game Ready Driver driver adds support for three previously-announced G-SYNC Compatible displays - gaming monitors that deliver a baseline Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) experience that makes your gaming smoother, clearer, and more enjoyable.

The newly-validated monitors are the AOC AG271FZ2, AOC AG271F1G2, and ASUS PG43U, giving gamers even more choice when searching for a great gaming display.

For a complete list of all G-SYNC, G-SYNC ULTIMATE, and G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors, check out our handy and frequently updated G-SYNC page, which can be sorted and filtered, helping you quickly find the ideal display.

15. dec72

dec72 Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 2070S
    Hm whats better with this version for Division 2?
    Playing tons Division2 at the moment with 441.41 and its perfect, so im sure curious why 442.50 advertises for Division2 usage, meaning they changed something for the better...

Apart from AC Odyssey my current is rockstable even with GTA Online, so im sure only switching if there is any advantage.

edit.
    "... for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 we’ve got day-one updates for the Warlords of New York expansion that’s releasing March 3rd..."
    day one update in drivers, what? Its the same gfx engine as in base Division 2 why the day one updates...

16. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    thank you for posting this, it's confirming that's something wrong with the last drivers ( at least the performance drops down), also 442.19 gives better score than 441.87, but 441.87 is more stable, thanks again dude.

17. EDK-Rise

EDK-Rise Active Member

GPU:
    AsusStrixTop 6900XT
    support wddm 2.7?

18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    To those who don't have dx12 crashes in Div2 you guys are the minority.

For most people it ctd after an hour or so, always has, still does.
    Its even such a known issue internally that Massive considered patching the choice out and locking it to dx12.

I'll give this driver a try and see how it goes.

lukas_1987_dion and AsiJu like this.
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I noticed bigger fps drop by loading transitions in D2 vs older 442.01.

I'll just stay at this driver until newer main branch comes out. What this r450?..

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yep, without any discernible reason or pattern.

However I'd like to ask people who do NOT have crashes in Division 2:
    what graphics settings do you use?

Mention about broken shaders got me thinking crashes might be related to certain settings or a combination of them.

Party Poison and goodsmac like this.