Baldur's Gate III

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SpajdrEX, May 30, 2019.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well according to this article, BG3 will use a completely different in house engine from the Original Sin series

Seems like a really big project for Larian, and they are taking it very seriously as you can see from this article.

Over 300 developers are helming this game, which is the biggest game they've ever created. My guess is it will launch late next year.

Anyway, very excited for this game. BG1 was the first PC game I ever played, so to go back to the D&D Universe, Faerun and the City of Baldur's Gate again, is very nostalgic!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Baldur's Gate 3 leaked screenshots. Most likely from a very early alpha build, and it looks like we might get an option for either turn based or real time with pause. First gameplay trailer will be shown today at 2pm U.S central time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SpajdrEX and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    those dialog and dialog options need a backdrop.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    They are at Carfax posted link, too, but they need to be posted. ^^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    30 miinutes. live channel

Carfax likes this.
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    ^^ I was just about to post that!

8. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lookin real good. too bad its turn based :/ . i'd like it more with real-time combat and space-to-pause.

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I guess no one liked the gameplay? Surprised there weren't any comments when I logged in. At any rate, from what I've seen so far, this game is looking like it will be the most faithful adaption to D&D ever put in a game. The game has tremendous depth, even at this early stage. One thing I love about it is that it has great verticality, so a lot of spells that rely on verticality that were never featured in previous D&D based games like "feather fall" will now be part of the gameplay. Also, the amount of choice and variety we have with how we tackle the game seems to be almost mind numbing.

I've never played a turn based game before, but if D&D itself is turn based, I suppose it makes sense for Baldur's Gate 3's core gameplay to be turn based as well. From what I've seen, it definitely leverages the ruleset a lot more and makes character movement speed and initiative much more important.

Personally, I don't know anything about 5e rules. My only experience with D&D comes from CRPGs like the Baldur's Gate, Icewindale, NWN and Pathfinder series; and those were based on 2ed or 3/3.5e. So it looks like I am going to have to learn the ruleset before the game releases.

Also, here is the full 4K upload for the cinematic trailer:

And a slide showing off the game's features:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    ShadowDuke likes this.
  10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    ACG impressions and preview. The gameplay in this video is different from what was shown earlier by the Swen Vincke:

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    even the old games were turn based, the turns were just taken in real time and with active battle.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Did you play pathfinder (kingmaker)?

I love turn base though (also all those xcom playstyle games). Both divinity from them were great, so this very likely will be, too.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    AngryJoeShow:

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Did not know that. That said, it appears that with this implementation, character movement speed and initiative are much more important because you have a set amount of time to perform an action.

The AngryJoeShow video I posted above goes into detail about the turn based gameplay.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i am exicted! yet I still have yet to actual beat BG1 and 2, So many RPG game I got just are never beat

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    For those that would rather give IGN a view rather than Stadia.... I know silly reason, that is how I felt at least.

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I don't know, but seeing the screens, I thought it was one of my top 3 games of 2020 (along CP2077 and of course my hopes in Bloodlines 2; if they start to release BG3 in Early Access in 2020). Still have to check the gameplay vids though.

Anybody noticed how on the screenie @ShadowDuke posted, the archer is standing on a beam of the roof construction? I like that verticality... could be very useful if the game makes regular use of such physical mechanics like true high ground.

18. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    this is awesome! Didn't expect this, Larian Studios are my favorite developer know. Looks great. Graphical upgrade from Divinity 2. Remember how hair physics was a big thing in TW3? Well look at these character hair works..https://i.ibb.co/qDJT4pr/Untitled.png

PHOTO NOT SHOWING

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Use Imgur.

20. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I watched 5 minutes of the gameplay and switched it off. I'm a diehard Baldurs Gate fan but I do NOT like the turn based combat.

I much prefer the real time with active battle, so I can only hope and pray that they leave this as an option for the folks who grew up playing the first two games. It's too much of an adjustment for me to get into it otherwise and it just looks ... weird to me.

Disappointed.

KissSh0t likes this.