Asus Zephyrus laptop sighted: has a Ryzen 9 4900HS: 4.4 GHz boost clock for € 1900

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    And the price is without a valid Windows 10 license, it is offered with FreeDos.
    Yeah, those romanians found a loophole to buy high tech without paying Microsoft too much. Later they will install what they found falling off the truck.;)

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats a 3700x level of performance in a laptop, not bad.

4. butjer1010

butjer1010 Active Member

GPU:
    RX6900XT Toxic EE
    No, they will activate windows with kmspico. Here in balkan, that is still normal. I can count on my fingers (from one hand), my friends who have bought license for Windows.

5. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Maybe someday they'll get that DX12 Hybrid CF/SLi working and it could make use of the integrated graphics too. Also QHD on a 14 inch screen seems like it would be a squint fest.

SamuelL421 likes this.
  6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Brother, I know all this. I know very well where I was born and raised.
    But I grew to have different opinions and found the way of Linux.
    I bought several Windows licenses out if my own pocket before committing to open source solutions, I was looked as the most stupid person in my neighborhood.
    Yeah, that's that

butjer1010 likes this.
  7. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    14" screen just isn't sufficient for a daily driver (if you value your eyes). Honestly, even working all day from a 15" laptop can leave me squinting for hours. I'm sure it's fine for gaming though I can't see paying € 1900 for 2060 max q performance.

Put the 4900h in a 15/17" chassis with a 2070 / 2080 -tier card and then you'll have a gaming pc worth € 1900 or more.

8. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    The problem is that Windows 10 Home that comes with most laptops is complete $hit.
    I have a y2018 high-end laptop (with 8750H) that came with W10 Home preinstalled, all legal and stuff, and after 6 months I said "enough with this garbage" and applied the "Romanian Treatment" to it then tweaked the new install to hell and back with group policies.
    The laptop is now a proper usable computer with an OS on it, and not an Ad-delivery+Spyware platform...

I guess Home is fine for normies, but for power users... nah.

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Haha, the " the Romanian treatment".
    So funny the wording, and I used to do the same almost 15 years before.

10. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    And with this you deserve an ignore.
    You buy a 2018 high end laptop and you have problems buying a 12 dollar license for win 10 pro?
    It's a shame and you should not be proud and telling it around.

Also calling people `normies` because they do not need some group policy editor...

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'd rather have the 4800hs with a 1660ti as it would overall perform better. (1660ti mobile out performs or is on par with the 2060 Max-Q for much less money).

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not that i disagree with your sentement, but $12? Not from any legitimate source.

13. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Aren't the link that guru3d gives us to buy the win10 licenses legitimate?
    I bought a couple....

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    As much as i'd rather not say guru3d is promoting shady business', i'm not sure i'd classify any website that literally has "cdkey" in it as legitimate. Urcdkey has bad ratings across the internet, and when you look up to see if it's legitimate, you get websites stating things such as:

"Urcdkey is not a genuine site and we do not recommend it for any kind of use."

https://www.google.com/search?ei=i0...hUKEwjc8cC19fDnAhWQsJ4KHaMGCTkQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Not a single place states it's legitimate.

One, from microsoft even, states that though they may not technically be stolen, they are illegitimate keys in the sense they had no right to sell them and may be deactivated for a number of reasons at some random point down the line.

So no, i stand by stating you can not get windows 10 for $12 from any legitimate source, and the only way to say otherwise, is if microsoft specifically states that urcdkey and other sites with 90% off retail pricing are legitimate, otherwise there is zero reason to expect that microsoft is getting any of the revenue from sites like that, and the keys are either stolen, generated (still stolen realistically) or are selling volume license keys/MSDN keys, which can deactivate at any time due to various reasons and are explicitly not allowed to be sold, which is not as i said, legitimate.

Heck, i could do just what urcdkey is likely doing and just save all the cd keys at my place of business on some file and then sell them on some random website that i created or is a cd key ebay-like website, they'd all activate, but i had no right to sell them, and i wouldn't be even remotely a legitimate source for windows 10 keys.

And if you ever have an issue with one of these keys and bring it up to microsoft, good luck, since you never owned the license, you simply paid someone to show you the key.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  15. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    What Aura89 said ! You just pay to see the key and hope it will not be deactivated in 2 - 3 years. I bought also from them but for me and a couple of friends.
    When someone buys a pre-configurated PC or laptop they get a Key that they sell ... .but normally , you are not allowed to sell these keys . They come with the MB of the the PC

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    But no rtx on 1660ti. :p

Either way these laptops are overpriced.

Loophole35 likes this.
  17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    OMG, what I have done. Now all the thread derails to activation and illegitimate Windows key.

18. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    i did not know that, i assumed that they got some super volume discount and that was it.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Any laptop with an "RTX" GPU in it is over priced.