Dishonored II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its an odd one, as ive got a save with Sokolov, just outside where you can get in behind the walls (just before the room with the arc), and i can pick him up and drop him down there without an issue, being able to save still works, but once i carry him around to the main entrance and drop him, thats when the save issue occurs, so i'll just leave him by the arc room for now, and come back for him :p

Ive also read of another way, to disable the arc machine, that works, so i'll give that a go too :D

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well Carmack designed idTech5 for the Xbox 360.
    He said several times he never planned for it to be a main stream PC focused engine. And, never planned on it being used outside that specific generation.
    It was his first attempt making tech for the consoles, so he put everything into it.

And his plan was to make the next engine focused on pushing PC tech hard. But, he left id before he got to really fulfill that vision.

As for idTech5, people ran into issues with Wolf, specifically The Old Blood because Machinegames added in dynamic lighting. Which Carmack removed from the engine because of the impact it had on performance.
    DisHonored 2 ran into issues rebuilding idTech5 into Void because they wanted uncapped frame rates. But, idTech5 was designed specifically for 60fps.
    So, once DH2 goes above 60, it starts feeling off. The frame pacing feels off, so in a lot of ways the game actually feels smoother at 60fps then it does at say 90 or 120 fps.

But, Arkane said the PC version of DH2 was rushed, and they felt bad it didn't live up to expectations.
    But, they got time to actually finish the engine, and Death of the Outsider really shows the improvements.

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally have zero interest in RTX. And, as for texture detail... that was intentionally kept low in DisHonored 1 and 2 to go with the "oil painting" art style they had for the games.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Found another way into the lab, by going via the balcony :D

Im loving this game! :D

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Still there is another way.

Rich_Guy likes this.
  6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Understood. Now, I believe that the most "broken" setting is if you use uncompressed textures in Old Blood. It seems to fill the 8 GB of VRAM on my 1080. I turned the compression back on (and use the CUDA transcode setting - which resets itself every re-launch, sigh...) and the framerate seems to be stable even with MSAA 8x. I really wonder how the 360 was supposed to handle it, but I'm no software engineer. Thank the Machine Spirit for Unvinder's scanline sync, though, as there seems to be microstuttering with VSYNC ON, ingame or through the drivers.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Another as well ey :p

Done the lab, stuck Jindosh in the electro machine :D

Now im back on the wale, with no powers or weapons, and its been trashed!, got to make my way through the void :eek:

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You are about to launch the mission with Stilton mansion!
    A little spoiler:
    One of the choice in that mansion part of the mission can revert the captain of the Dreadful Wale to her healthy state - with eye and hand!

Rich_Guy likes this.
  9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I remember the Stilton mansion. Very creative mission design and gameplay.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nice :D

Done about 30hrs so far :p

Carrying their heads about when you lop them off is funny :D

11. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Currently playing as well Dishonored II, didn't played previously but after seeing and playing the game on PS4 I wanted to see how it performs on PC

Getting 100-120FPS as max in 3440x1440, in some instances getting 95FPS which seems more dependent on tbe scene but usually in heavy fighting scenes, I'm seeing 100-120FPS with Reshade, without the Reshade injection getting 105-120FPS

But really 120FPS guys? Hate such caps

Regarding the going through the Void, its not bad there, finished this mission and going now to Desert City I think its which are you playing now

Thanks, Jura

Rich_Guy likes this.
  12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive had to cap it to 60, or i et terrible micro-stuttering. :p

Im on the Conservatory mission now, Breanna Ashworth :D

jura11 likes this.
  13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Whenever I play DisHonored 2, I set the in game frame rate to 90 fps. Then use adaptive vsync through NCP.
    The 90 gives me overheard, and then using adaptive vsync keeps it at a smooth 60.

This way I have the frame rates to maintain a smooth experience, and vsync to keep the engine locked down so the frame pacing stays in check.

cerebus23 and jura11 like this.
  14. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Ohh enjoy that mission, I have finished this mission and this one is quite nice mission there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Oops, I completely forgot that Conservatory mission is before the Dust district one (with Stilton mansion)...

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    But if games goes lower that 90 FPS, then Adaptive V-Sync should disable V-Sync.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I need to try this

18. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    And finished the game, bit underwhelmed by ending and expected bit longer game

Pretty nice game and Reshade is must for this game in my view

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just got inside the Conservatory, its bloody great, witches all over the place :D

I love it when you get the Sniper Elite bullet cam, when you get a good shot :D

Im 36hrs in :p

jura11 likes this.
  20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Conservatory done, enjoyed that one, just got to get the Roseburrow back to the shopkeeper now, and then its back to the wale. :D

jura11 likes this.