Monitor for web design/graphic design + movies

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by MasterBash, Feb 22, 2020.

1. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    So I am looking for a new monitor for web design, graphic design and movies.

I currently have a cheap 1080p 60hz IPS monitor and a 1080p 144hz tn monitor. I wonder if I should jump to 4k for my needs.

I mostly want to learn about stuff, nothing professional (yet...). With my current profession, I get to work closely with designers, but I would definitely like to learn more about it and get the right tools to help me. I I know colors are god awful on my tn 144hz monitor so I keep that one strictly for gaming.

What do you guys think? Recommendations?

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I suggest you get a 4K IPS and calibrate the monitor.You do not need a high end monitor for what you said.I also prefer 27" 4K but people like 32" in 4K
    But like any nut I googled a list for ya and EIZO monitors seem to be the best

• Dell UltraSharp UP3216Q – $1379.
    • EIZO CG277-BK ColorEdge – $2914.
    • Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC – $549.
    • Acer S277HK – $499.
    • Asus ProArt PA329Q – $1099.
    • BenQ PD3200U – $699.
    • Samsung LU28E570DS/ZA – $349.
    • Iiyama G-MASTER GB2888UHSU – $570.

3. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Thank you, I came across those monitors too. Not ready to invest in an Eizo monitor yet. Well, its just not worth it for my needs.

However, I also had the LG 27UK850 in mind. What do you think? I can get it for 563$ CAD.

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well i am also Canadian and I seen both of these monitors for $399 Cad they would be fine and the BenQ has HDR.
    BenQ EX2780Q-2560x1440
    LG 27UK850-W-2560x1440-Iam an idiot I wrote the wrong monitor down should have been
    27GL850

Here is a list of 50+ stores online in Canada I have not edited the list sine july last year,some may be out of biz now.
    A-Power - Canada's Best Computer Store.
    Amazon Canada.
    ATIC Computers.
    Ameublements Tanguay - Buy Computer Parts, Computer Hardware, PC Parts at Best Online Computer Shop .
    BCOM - Best Computer Store, Online, and Repair Service Depot.
    Bedirect canada - Computer Parts.
    Best Buy Canada -Computers, Televisions, Video Games & Cameras.
    BestDirect.ca - Canada's Technology Source.
    BTEcomputer online Store - Home page - We Ship Worldwide.
    Canada Computers - Computers, Computer Parts, Laptops, Hard Drives, PC Hardware & Accessories Sales.
    CDW Canada - IT Products and Services for Business and the Public Sector.
    Cendirect - Canada's Online Computer Store.
    Centrehifi - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptops, Notebooks, Cameras, Home Electronics and more!.
    Computer Rack - Calgary's Top Computer Parts Supplier - Canada Sales & Service.
    Costco computers-Canada.
    Dell Official Site | Dell Canada.
    DirectDial - Printers, Scanners, Toner, Monitors, Projectors & More.
    EBay Canada - Sales every month 10%-20% off Computer Parts, Best Deals PC Parts.
    Elcosystems Canada - Online Computer Store, Best Deals on Computer, Laptops, PC Parts.
    Extreme PC - Computer Parts.
    FrontierPC - Canadian Computer Store Fast same day Shipping.
    Infonec Computers - Computer parts Canada, PC Components, laptop computers, motherboards, processors, CPUs and much more.
    Infounik - Computer Parts, Computer Components, low price computer.
    Insight Canada - Computer Products, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras, Cellphones and More!.
    Itfactory - Computer parts Canada, PC Components, laptop computers, motherboards, processors, CPUs and much more.
    Londondrugs - Free shipping on orders over $75.
    Lucomputers - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptops, Notebooks, Cameras.
    Megacomputer Canada -Canada wide shipping starting from $9.99.
    Memorydepot.com - Computer Storage: USB, SATA, & IDE Disks on Module.
    Memory Express - Inc. - Computer Parts & Laptop Computers in Canada.
    Microbytes - Computer Parts.
    Microcad- Computer Parts.
    Mikescomputershop - Computer Parts & Laptop Computers in Canada.
    Myteknology - Computer Parts.
    Newegg Canada - Computer Products, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras, Cellphones and More!.
    PC CANADA - Welcome to the Original and Highly Rated All-Canadian WebStore.
    PCV Online - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptops, Notebooks, Cameras, Home Electronics and more!.
    Pcczone - Custom Gaming PC Builder, Performance Computers, Parts - Buy in Canada.
    Pipertech - Computers for gamers.
    Powersonic - Powersonic Computer Store in Richmond BC with best price, best service, computer repair.
    ShopRBC - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components & Electronics.
    Staples - Office Supplies, Technology, Ink & Much More.
    Superiorcomputers - Computers, Computer Parts, Technology, Ink & Much More.
    TigerDirect.ca - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics.
    Visions - Computer Parts | Video Card | Gaming Laptops | Hard Drive | Motherboard | POS | Wireless router | Android Tablet | LCD monitor | Desktop PC |.
    Vuugo - Computer Parts | Video Card | Gaming Laptops | Hard Drive | Motherboard | POS | Wireless router | Android Tablet | LCD monitor | Desktop PC |.
    Wintronic Computers - Laptop and Computer Cell phones Hardware Sales and Service Best Prices Guaranteed.

Compare prices-Search & Compare Canada Online Store Prices Before You Buy
    Pcpartspicker.
    PriceBat.
    Shopbot.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020

5. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    The LG 27UK850 is actually 4k with hdr10. GL is 2560*1440. I think LG is a good choice. Will go for that.

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    My mistake,thanks for letting me know,I almost bought the wrong monitor then ,last month or two.So yeah I was looking at the 2560x1440 one for $399.I instead bought one of those 65" OLED monitors with HDR,works great though.

LG 27UK850-W-2560x1440-Iam an idiot I wrote the wrong monitor down should have been 27GL850.
    The 4k LG 27UK850 Monitor looks like a great choice and not too expensive.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I use the BenQ EW3270W. It's a 31.5" VA 4K with 95% DCI-P3 color space, and supports HDR10. If you don't mind a refurb, you can order one from BenQ direct for like $175 US.

tived likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  9. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I decided to go for the LG 27UL650 for 450$ CAD instead. I think I might the right choice. It wont be used for gaming. I will upgrade later if I feel the need to but I doubt for my needs that I will ever need to.

10. billy67

billy67 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    argee with privious comment, u can buy good model for 1000$ easy. When I had the opportunity to purchase a high-quality monitor, my designer friend advised me to upload my projects to a hosting server and work through it. I used the services of Mangomatter at that time and they helped me earn money on freelancing for a new monitor for convenient work. I saved up my first $ 2000 and purchased an LG 27UK650 monitor. I still work with it, and in order not to overload my computer, I upload all my projects to the hosting machine. I think in 2020 there're better monitors for designers, in the future I think to buy a new one and open my own design firm.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020

11. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

If you are work with graphic/web design then my suggestion is get something like IPS monitor, stay away from the VA or TN panels if you in such field, you want monitor with good coverage of RGB, sRGB and DCI-P3 if you work in such field

There are several good monitors which I would choose, everything depends on the budget there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura