Halo Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XP-200, Mar 12, 2019.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Cool looking mod.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Just got my key and played some of the CEA test flight.

So as far as visuals goes, the models are definitely an improvement. Textures of course are too, although it's very easy to notice prebaked shadows and almost a lack of self and other shadows from other models. Definitely has that classic Halo feel though! Compared to SPV, I think I would still go with MCC CEA over SPV. SPV adds a lot to the game to make it comparable to a more modern game.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    How is the Audio?

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    audio on MCC CE is actually fine, the issue seems to mainly with reach having used a weird sample rate.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I'm looking forward to playing this collection when it gets out! Never played the Halo games (as the ports were so so, and some games never made it to PC anyway).

6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    One thing I really like about Halo:CEA is the fact you can flick between the original visuals and the anniversary upgrade visuals by pressing TAB, really shows how much work went into upgrading the visuals.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    No issues with audio for MCA. Only issue I would say I had is melee is still funny as it was in OG Halo, but that's what makes it fun lol

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    Have they changed the lead totally in this now? Sometimes it's ok and others can't hit a bran door.
    And since when did people become so good, 3sk all the time - it's like playing Norther all over again. Mind you, the ar is so overpowered I'm thinking there is a good deal of aim assist for controllers in this :/

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thought as much, there was a lot of oomf missing from weapon sounds and the environment didn't sound right.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah... 343 said during a dev blog that because of how they were originally done, they were having to re-encode the sounds for Reach on PC and Xbox One.
    That's... not really... new... news.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I knew they had to re-encode but I did not know what was mentioned in the comment on reddit regarding it, so to me it is new information.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sorry, I'm just annoyed it still hasn't been fixed.
    I know it's going to take a long time to properly re-encode all the audio data for Reach. But... still.

Kolt and KissSh0t like this.
  14. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    That's why I prefer the oldschool way of doing gunsounds, just a high-quality .wav file that you can easily replace yourself. Sound modding was so easy in games like Half-Life, Doom, Quake and so on.
    These days you have these complicated encoding programs that turn the quality to crap. First person gun sounds should be high priority and never compressed because you hear them often and they are close to the player.

15. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is out on Steam! Check your Master Chief Collection DLC! <3

anxious_f0x likes this.

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Extremely disappointed. Absolutely no effort was put into this. The graphics are exactly like the 360 version..nothing updated. Even the campaign is limited to two players. Why release Reach with a 4 player campaign and then expect to follow up with just a 2 player campaign mode. How did this even pass the flights? Absolute waste of 6.5GB of disk space.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They never said they were updating the visuals.
    They said they were bringing the MCC to PC, never once said or even hinted that they would be updating visuals for PC/Xbox One.

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Hmm are you sure? I'm just starting the update for this and it's 25+ GB.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The updated part is that now it's available on PC.

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The update directly from steam...who knows what it is. The game is not playable till you download 6.5GB from inside game itself.

They have not even finished fixing Reach...what happened to not releasing till it is ready? They never hinted at updating the visuals...then why even bother with "listening" to the community by adding useless more customization options for the Spartans. Tie everything to a single interface to only allow those who bought Reach as well to be the only ones with access to Swat. Those that only purchased CE do not have access to it (yet?). So yes it is a waste of disc space...novelty pc release.