I've never been to Russia, will never go to Russia, and have nothing against Russia.......

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jbscotchman, Feb 13, 2020.

1. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Sorry to say this bud, but this is on you. Hackers are gonna hack, and it is up to everybody to protect themselves as much as possible. Unless Valve and Origin were directly responsible for the hack, the responsibility lies with you.

I'd say you got off lucky, as you didn't lose any money and eventually got your accounts back. My Bitcoin wallet was hacked shortly after I opened it and I was cleaned out (lost some $300 worth of coins at the time). I was initially angry at the hacker, but on later reflection I realized that I was the one at fault for not protecting myself (I chose one of my previous passwords). I got a password manager after that and enabled 2FA on everything. I've also taken to never storing CC information on sites after the NCIX and Newegg hacks.

2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Sorry, but no. That's like saying: Hey man I'm sorry your car got totaled by some idiot who ran a red light while texting, but it's your fault for being on the road at that time. I used the security measures put in place by Steam and Origin, and I'm not blaming them either. The fault lies solely with the greedy losers who try to steal other people's property.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    This why I have 2 step verification on most my "gaming " clients now IF someone trying to get them i they cant with the 2 step verification, well in theory.

shoja likes this.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    It may be just a hobby? Instead of wasting time gaming, kids have fun writing bot scripts in python that run through logins and brute force passwords.
    If they lucky to catch an account, it might be sold on black market.

No need to get emotional over it. I am not getting emotional over people catching fish in a river or burning coal and messing up environment for the nature and human kind itself. Just shame.

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm not emotional, in fact I am super chilled out right now. :cool:

airbud7 likes this.
  7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    What time is it now in the country of freedom? 12:37am? Good time to chill :)

airbud7 and jbscotchman like this.
  8. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Like I said, hackers are gonna hack. If there were no burglars in the world then we wouldn't need door locks. It's up to all of us to protect ourselves as much as possible.

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I would more likely expect a thread to be closed for your insulting trolling comment. Troll someone else.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I do not know why EVERYONE does not have notifications on for every account they have. Every account I have sends me a text message if as much as a single dollar is moved. As far as I know, every bank and credit institution has this as a free service. I joke about this while shopping. My phone buzzes with the purchase mere seconds after completing the transaction.

Hmm... while sure, you should not leave yourself OPEN to attack or INVITE it, the idea the victim is somehow in part at fault for not maximizing their protection, is an anathema to me. Similar to wearing revealing clothing is inviting assault. The term 'as much as possible' is so subjective as to lack meaning. Should one be required to go beyond the security basics of Windows and the various clients? How much is enough or, being 'responsible'? Hard to say.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    jbscotchman likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Are you a real forum member? or a fake forum member? Tell us which type of forum member you are the most? I signed up to Guru3D to interact with real forum members. And I want to figure out which type of forum member you are the most so I can decide if I should pay attention to you or not.

RzrTrek likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    @KissSh0t

This is a bot post, it was posted exactly the same a few days ago in this forum.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I thought so, I tried finding it but could not remember where I had seen it... hence my sarcastic response to the bot account.