Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DeathDealer175, Feb 2, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    bugs bugs more bug and server issues for what should be a single player thing?

boggles the mind that server issues could break bug out and just not work on launch day for a diablo clone. but for i am sure some forced online service to monotize.

either way make a single player game with none of that garbage server issues are not a thing right? you just install and play some cant even do that.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    just play offline

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if thats an option tell that to the steam people who cant even authenticate.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Great game! Online was accessible on Sunday evening though with a bug or two (loss of some SFX and some lag when selling items). Not sure if it's the Online part or if it's just the game? Anyway, started a new char and had a blast with it.

5. I'm big Diablo fan so I simply had to try this :)

The game definitely has that Diablo vibe. Some parts (like controls and many gameplay mechanics) are a 100% copy-paste from Diablo 3. I guess I shouldn't complain about this, coz I've spent 1000+ hours in D3. The overall atmosphere, Warhammer-like armor styles and obvious differences in skill and spell systems are what makes Wolcen stand out from other Diablo clones. The game has pretty strong potential... Unfortunately, there is also part B to this. It's full of bugs (even game-breaking bugs), lacks proper polish and I personally hate some animations on main characters, especially with staves. After a few months of updates and patches, this could be really nice alternative to Diablo.

cerebus23 and chr!s like this.
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Question : I played some Online yesterday and at some point I got this extreme stuttering when walking around. When I stood still it was OK but with some spikes still present. I restarted the game and got to the same point and all was fine.

Anyone experienced this before?

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    If that stuttering happens again, check the memory usage of wolcen executable, it seems to me like you experiencing memory leak issue.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I did have MSIAB up but I don't remember exactly how much RAM used. Either it was 16 or 19GB but obviously either these values are too high meaning a memory leak like you said. Later I read on another forum that someone had experienced the very same thing at the same location so I assume it's a known bug.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Try running the KoshyJohn memory cleaner in the background see if it helps. I had to run tarkov with that for nearly a year before they fixed the memory leak.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I prefer ISLC.

Party Poison likes this.

11. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    if online \ co-op is the way you prefer this one, wait it out. should fix major bugs and performance
    over the next few weeks. its a very fresh and quality feel like game.. i don't think they expected so much
    people trying to connect in the early days so.. it happens.. this studio is considered tiny.

i played the story, still didn't finish it since i work a lot this week, but the game is good.. actually very very good.
    as i said before.. if the item system is simple to understand yet complex and rewarding on the long term.. this
    is a game for years to come.

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Same here, Ive been running ISLC at startup now for so long that I can't really say what any recent release is like without it.

Koshy just came to mind from playing tarkov, But yea I'd just run ISLC instead.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I didn't have any leaks after that (the game uses 10GB RAM at the moment) but I'll consider ISLC if the issue pops up again.

14. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I'm not an online player, but from what i know servers are always a problem.

You are the problem here, not me.
    How can you put this game and this team in the same category as Blizzard, which is 500 times bigger! Why do you people even talk about Blizzard and that D3 crap here?

15. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Because this game brings back the memories of D1 & D2 & D3 and ppl really enjoy playing it. And comparing the devs to the former Blizzard level of excellence is actually a hidden complement.

I'm confident they'll fix the bugs soonish. :D

Repo Man likes this.

16. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Working as a systems engineer has really taught me not to jump on the latest and greatest right away; it almost always fires back lol. Really can't wait to get this game, but I am going to give them a month or so to correct their core issues, and then I will make the jump.

17. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    don't forget a lot of people bought it on early access to enjoy the lower price.
    myself i played the game before its release and recognized its potential.. and again since
    we are talking about a tiny studio, everything related to bugs and patching should be understandable.
    two good buddies of mine are really grinding it.. they are waiting for me to join in, but i prefer finishing
    the solo story before im diving into the long grind.

game wise i found something that i dislike. its not really an issue but its still something i find
    pointless and irrelevant. the thing with the Avatars.. i mean.. why do it ? because it looks cool ? it reminds me the "power skill" in D3
    they added for each class. than again.. im really old-school \ D2 type of player.. im all about items\making my own builds,
    these "cool" so called add-ons are supposed to give the game more color, but its really nothing the game needs.

its very hard to explain just how good Diablo II was on that area ( items \ builds ). despite everything that was
    broken about it ( bots, duels filled with bugs and exploits ) the item system and the feeling the game gave you..
    was special.

chr!s likes this.
  18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's not very clear when the patch will be live other than "this week".

20. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i was tracking this for some time, purchased it last night.
    Man that's some cheesy dialog and bad voice acting, i don't know why the struggle with this things on a isometric rpg. Anyway ignored that, graphics looks really nice, gameplay feels really familiar, nothing wrong about that.
    But today the servers were down so i switched to offline mode, well though luck, i don't have an offline character..what!? this right here is stupid.
    So overall it doesn't feel right, so refund.