Call of Duty and Overwatch no longer on GeForce NOW game streaming service

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Apparently, they really want people to hate them.

Blizzard is dead, Activision killed them.

CalculuS, Keitosha and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    What gives? Account ranking/spamming? Not enough money going Shizzard way?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't like this mentality, Putting blizzard on this pedalstal and blaming Activision. I think Blizzard got greedy themselves and would have gone this way with or without Activision

Blizzard are just as bad as EA or Bethesda

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    And I don't like when you twist my words - I wasn't putting Blizzard on pedestal. The Blizzard I loved and adored is dead after the merger.

Nobody can know that, they were doing great before the merger.
    It's not Blizzard anymore, it's Activision with a subsidiary called Blizzard, which at this point shares only their name with Blizzard of old. Different teams, different policies, different design approach.

fantaskarsef and Keitosha like this.
  6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    So, microtrans-Activision is at it again. Too bad Blizzard isn't like the old Blizzard. W3 Reforged being a good example. At least the've improved D3 quite a bit years back. The (RM)AH was a disaster. I don't expect anything anymore for D4. At least I have a mobile phone.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    One would think that game publishers sign some kind of agreement with Nvidia....
    If Activision legally pulled out of it, it looks more like a matter of Nvidia playing dirty, kinda like many of the music streaming services.

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Pedestal might have been too strong of a word, though I meant in general the mentality is people do this, not you personally. Personally myself i think they got greedy with the start of WoW, can we know if they would have been just as bad well no we can't though we can look at any company that gets big and how they often go. But i think that often becomes a big shareholder issue with companies constantly needing to make more and more money which is impossible without gimicks and microtranscations and subscriptions.

For me Blizzard died after the forzen throne expansion for wc3, after that they got more and more greedy as the years went on, maybe activision made it worse, or sped that up who knows but sadly we are where we are today where they bring out games half baked or full or micro-transactions. SC2 was a small glimmer of the old blizzard mind you, but thats also full of micro-transcations now.

Sorry for the previous comment, reading it back it felt too directed at you was not the original intention, just been seeing too many defend their actions as of late and had grown rather tired of it.

TieSKey and cryohellinc like this.
  9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Thanks for clarifying. I agree that around that area Blizzard went down the hill, however, for me that period started right around Wrath of the Lich King expansion for WoW shortly followed by Activision merger.

The most fun I ever had with a Blizzard game was The Burning Crusade expansion for WoW - PvP was Godly in it.

10. Coupe

Coupe Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    Could be that Activision had some business requests and Nvidia didn't want to abide. Let's face it; this service is going to fail for Nvidia.
    Nvidia as a company is desperate to expand its portfolio because as we move forward (5-10 years) Intel and AMD will start having very powerful CPU/GPU combos making the discrete GPU market shrink exponentially to just the desktop enthusiasts. Also, fixed function hardware will eventually replace GPGPU in the datacenter. I hope they can figure something out and Intel and AMD have more success in the GPU market. This way we get good competition and better prices for us.

11. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
  12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    game streaming is the future. for most, for now, it's a fail because of crap internet (ISP'S are to blame) BUT, both Sony and M$ (consoles) are going to a stream-based future with their respective new consoles. the real competition for Nvidia here is Google (with the help of AMD servers and gpus)
    Yes, gpu's are being phased out for some datacenter use, but not supercomputers where the GPU is an essential component. and the future for GPU manufacturers is not the collapsing desktop market, but the booming mobile market. Laptops have been replacing desktops for years, now that tendency is accelerating with the increase in power of the laptop.

13. TieSKey

TieSKey Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx870m 3Gb
    Exactly my thoughts. Although having SC2 sell as 3 "separate" "things?" (games isn't the world, it was the same game) for like a total of $90 (if u bought each part at release) was pure fan milking greed.

14. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    In 5-10yrs, we could just as likely be running an Nvidia soc that has ARM cpu cores, running W10 ARM version.

I really do think if the discrete GPU market shrinks significantly, then, it'll be the whole consumer PC market with it as well. Intel and AMD will not be spared. Meanwhile, phones in 10yrs will be REALLY powerful...

15. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    due to my many pc rebuilding these last months I ended up with a fresh OS and decided to not install the blizzard client, I'm done
    Diablo 4 would have to be old school with no micro transactions of any kind (other than a complete content addon like reaper of souls) which let's be real isn't happening
    I fear my almost 16+ years of modding elder scrolls and fallout is also at it's end, I quickly stopped playing and modding fallout 4 to have at least that to do in the next 5-10 years, you know for what's coming next....smartphone games imported by an underpaid company in Malaysia and sold as a 90$ "full" game on PC ><
    (w3 reforged is almost that)

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The wonders of streaming services...

17. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Member

GPU:
    Asus Rx580 8gb
    Two things immediately come to mind for me,

1. Activision is making their own streaming service.

2.Whatever anticheat both games are using does not play nice with streaming and it will hurt their bottom line too much to patch the issue.

18. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    A friend of mine who is disabled and on a very limited budget bought CoD a month or so ago and found out it was lacking an instruction set that was required for his CPU. Blizzard denied a refund. I suggested the GeforceNOW beta so he could actually play it. About 2 weeks before it came out of beta he finally got his invitation to use their service. He was thoroughly enjoying the game for hours on end ever since his acceptance. He was crushed when Actilizzard yanked their games off there. I've only heard the man cuss maybe twice in 8 years..... but that night, damn....

jbscotchman likes this.
  19. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    There are other cloud gaming services out there, and you can play rockstar and blizzard games there without any problems or bans. After 2 years of GFN Beta now they suddenly decided to remove their games from GFN?! And Nvidia had no idea about this will happen?

Blizzard is not the same anymore, it is Activision, nothing else. "David Brevik, co-funder of Blizzard & former president of Blizzard North" >>> https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafBoringWrenBloodTrail

20. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    My deep dive into WoW was WOTLK, i put a silly amount of hours into that game, but it was very enjoyable, it's a shame that a company with rather amazing IP has gone this way, but seems to be how games go now, 1 maybe 2 great games then a terrible third due to silly microtransactions.... Dead space is a perfect example of this