GeForce 442.19 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Feb 3, 2020.

1. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Yes I tried both and no difference, I'm not reinstalling again driver, its pointless for me

Thanks, Jura

evgenim likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ahuh. RAM issues.

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I have run tried also as that OP Prime95, OCCT or done 10's of renders with Corona, V-RAY or FireFly and absolutely no issue in these apps and my scenes taking or using up to 64GB of RAM during the rendering and therefore I don't think its RAM

I can test with another set of RAM, have spare Corsair Dominator 3200MHz which I can test, but I tested my RAM set with ThreadRipper and X299 and no issues

I can hammer my RAM and still no issues there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Also MK11 runs totally different @ 442.01 too, no black square flashes on characters with remote play.. so much for this official driver :p

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    venturi likes this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah, because access violation error cannot be a driver bug... even when switching drivers mitigates the problem and such errors are more often than not software based any way.

You'd think he'd have issues with 64 GB renders too if RAM was the culprit don't you.

When only one piece of software (Witcher 3) has issues when everything else, and more demanding on the system, is fine we are not talking about a RAM or any other hardware issue.

(I wonder, if he had an AMD GPU would you still be sure it's RAM...)

jura11 likes this.
  6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That's not his only issue, the renders you mentioned also fail for him. In the new driver.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep, it pays to pay attention.

Also RAM issues where Access violations are concerned can be pretty random, a heavy load that changes data often can be fine but a low load that rarely updates the data and relies instead on chip refresh can fail because the data's been corrupted inbetween refreshes.

most memtests write to and immediately read back so they don't identify the latter issue.

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I tested my scene and few other scenes like in Octane, Redshift and Daz3d Studio IRAY and Poser SuperFly and Blender Cycles and E-Cycles and Octane, in all of these renderers I'm getting CUDA errors, tested like just running GTX cards(I've GTX1080Ti, GTX1080 and third GTX1080) or RTX 2080Ti only and then combination of RTX 2080Ti with GTX cards

Usually first render passes without the single issue, when you do another render (same scene) usually fails within seconds with CUDA errors, tried upping TDR etc still the same, render will fail within seconds or won't render or will switch to CPU like in DS IRAY etc

442.01 is more consistent in my view or in my current case, I can do 5 renders and no CUDA errors, my typical workflow I do 10 or 12 renders per night, sometimes I do more renders but that's depends on few things there like scene complexity etc

430.86 I think have been best when it comes to rendering, but sadly doesn't support OptiX in Blender and therefore I use 442.01 for now

In every renderer is same issue(CUDA errors and crash) , that's not the issue of one renderer, sadly

Regarding the Witcher 3 not sure what is going on but I just want to finish the game and remove the game hahaha and not sure if I would be playing the game again after this experience hahaha, probably will reinstall the game again, game is installed on Samsung 2TB SSD and probably will try install on different drive or try NVMe which have here borrowed

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Its not RAM with that I'm sure, tested today Corsair Dominator 4*16GB 3200MHz kit and same problems or issues persist in Witcher 3 and 442.19 and renderers in my case, maybe its my specific case who knows and literally don't care anymore, 442.01 is good in rendering and no issues, in Witcher 3 I'm getting CTD(usually 3 times per 4 hour session) but not as much or not so much often like with 442.19

I done test today for almost 16 hours mate and I think that's more than enough for testing

Tested every possibility like filling up stand-by memory with unzipping and un RAR files which usually will fill up memory quite fast or faster, then opening 512 pages in Chrome(in my case I have opened I think 400 pages but most of them are suspended and done exactly same test like is my work flow ) etc

Same tests I have done on my Corsair Vengeance LPX 6*16GB set and installed again new Windows 10 on different SSD to test if its my Windows installation what is causing

Will probably do more tests on Friday, but for now I'm done with this hahaha

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @jura11 We are both using the same driver with very different experiences, but I'm not accusing you of anything. Just stating the facts. Driver is not the only factor. Could be this driver on different versions of windows 10 for example. I'm using 1903 and I defer updates for the max 30 days. Testing issues like this can sometimes feel endless, at times we simply aren't properly equipped to make any progress.

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    drivers or gpu caps viewer issue
    most of the vulkan demos render as white screen or stop responding.....

12. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    this one fixed the common UE4 'fatal error message crash for me, coming from 417.35

edit
    nope still was there, fix was tdrdelay tweak

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    is your system a laptop? this'll happen if the intel IGP driver is outdated.

14. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    work as excepted
    some strange freesync LCD work without problems with GSYNS ON :) (MageDok 17")
    no HF , surprise

15. NotReallySure

NotReallySure Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 ti
    Every driver past 441.41 has caused black screen flashes with firefox when loading web pages like yahoo sports, don’t know about other browsers. It doesn't happen often but is unnerving. Anyone else having this issue or know if Nvidia is aware of the problem?

16. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
  17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    All right, my bad.

I just wish people were a bit more careful in jumping to conclusions about faulty hardware (even if that would ultimately be the case).

Also @Astyanax sorry about the AMD remark, was unnecessary.

Back on-topic does anyone see any difference using NV framerate limiter w/ this driver vs. previous versions in any way?

I know, quite vague but still.

18. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I didn't find any major issues with Wolcen that would indicate driver related. Any problems you are seeing?

19. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    Hey, thanks for the answer. I have only one Problem but i suspect it has to do with how the game is coded and not the Nvidia Driver. When the Game starts, it starts in a lower resolution window first before going fullscreen and this always rearranges all my window sizes (like the steam window is half the size after closing Wolcen and not fullscreen like before etc).

Happens on every single start sadly :( Besides that i think there are no problems but i doubt this problem is related to the nvidia driver (not sure though, might very well be).

Regarding WC3R. That game has many technical problems and some of them might! be related to the driver. I hat a minifreeze every few seconds regardless of the framerate. The game would just drop frames below 30,60,120 fps (whatever i set it to) for a second which resulted in a freeze for a second. After that the game continued running normally. Sadly this happened every 20 seconds and its also the only game that has such a behavior so, so far it hasn't been playable for me :(

But considering how horrible the game is coded it might be the games engine aswell here.. Hard to tell for me, sorry ;)

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that has nothing to do with the driver and everything to do with reforges memory usage and aggressive standby list population.

ISLC will rectify it.