Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Extreme on 1440p looks pretty good to me.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There are many low-res textures. Also, HairWorks stuttering is still there. We'll see how the story goes.

Shataan and HARDRESET like this.
  3. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Tessellation on brick walls in some spots are ok , other brick walls look like no effort was made , yup have to see how the story goes .
    Update having a lot of fun so far:D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Shataan likes this.
  4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    A year later and it actually a little underwhelming on the visuals at the start,going to stop playing and wait till midnight to start again.
    RTX 2080 still have to lower settings to get playable FPS.
    2560x1440 Ultra setting with RTX high.I am OK with that,much rather 4K but not that important.

Apparently I am an Idiot,I was going through the user.cfg and I noticed the game has HDR,I feel like a tool,game looks much better with HDR on.

HARDRESET likes this.

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Yesterday, they apparently released an update addresing a DX12 performance issue.
    https://twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/1227241511001169920

Does anyone know what it adressed? When I first read about it, I of course hoped it was a general DX12 performance increase, but it sounds to be for something specific.

HARDRESET likes this.
  6. Island

Island Guest

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    Ya I agree-playing on 2080 Ti at 4k ultra settings (extreme just too much for the Ti) Kind of disappointed in the textures. Looks a little blurry and low res. I just parked my boat at the first bandit camp. Still fun game and i love metro, but not impressed visually.

For me, HDR is wonky on this game. Seems washed out. I like the high contrast and pop and usually set my Samsung JS9000 in dynamic mode with AMP. I like the motion interpolation. Anyways, HDR in Metro seems worse on then off. HDR in games like RD2 seem to work and look better to me.....

HARDRESET likes this.
  7. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    This is it, fix the other update a few days earlier that slam performance, bench from 7.2 GB update day's earlier, 12 fps to 6.92GB update that restore performance .

8. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I am no expert on HDR,playing on 65" OLED G-sync compatible over HDMI on RTX 2080 ,you can always try to change settings in
    C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\Metro Exodus\76561197962953929 numbers
    r_gamma 1
    r_hdr 1
    r_hdr_max_luminance 1000
    r_hdr_white_paper 200

9. Island

Island Guest

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    Thanks for the tip. I usually don't like messing with config files as it should be working in the game without having to mod files.... If you google HDR/Metro issues, this has been going on since the main game launched... Think it's an issue with DLSS and HDR implementation and Nvidia's drivers.... Turning off DLSS hits performance hard in this game with Ultra settings and Ray Tracing at 4K. I'll probably just play with HDR off as I can maintain 60 FPS then

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    After the latest update, some were getting much lower performance, so may be the fix for that.

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I googled HDR for the game and I did see people having a problem but for me it works with DLSS and RTX on and off DX12 and looks good as far as I can tell.I did not try the game in DX11 yet.

I did run into a bug now and may have to restart which I do not want to do.No frigging hands.

12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Exodus got more performance issues now on extreme then before lower fps aswell weird.
    Might be because of the sam dlc and the huge maps this time around with allot of trees and long draw distance idk.

HARDRESET likes this.
  13. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    On Ultra , run 60 fps all day at 1440p, extreme won't hold 60 fps anymore ,open world takes it toll in Sam's world, even with some low resolution textures.

14. Island

Island Guest

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    Well, after playing around with HDR a little longer, it seems to be fine now. It's mostly when it's cloudy(which is so far most of the game) where colors seem washed out. But when the sun peaks from the clouds, the HDR looks nice and the colors are vibrant. Looks like a good DLC so far =)

HARDRESET likes this.
  15. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    The Captain will drink to that!

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I want some Captain,in Canada we drink Captain white color not that dark color stuff.

HARDRESET likes this.
  17. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Can't sleep:D [SPOILER="Man i am loving Sam's Story " please don't let the Captain down,set his traps. ][/SPOILER]

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Your spoiler didn't work and now I'm spoiled... :D

19. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    It Was the moonshine and fish oil:D

gerardfraser likes this.
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I am at this part ,on my way to the traps.The moonshine and fish oil does not sound good at all and i made my fair share of moonshine.

HARDRESET likes this.