GeForce 442.19 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Feb 3, 2020.

1. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

No one here even understands your argument. No one in this thread gives a crap about consoles or 30 fps except for you.. It's a driver thread and the end of life for some old products is nigh or long past, bruh.

Are you still writing to Nintendo Power magazine and bitching about the support for the NES?

endbase likes this.
  2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Or the ones in favor of my argument are just silently agreeing whereas you whiners feel a need to get defensive when someone is saying your arguments are bullshit.

It's a driver thread yes, and someone is disappointed his mobile GPU isn't supported anymore, then comes a few morons with their "it's old and uncapable" bullshit and then all hell breaks loose when I tell them they're wrong and gives the reasons. So ye, tell me who gives a crap or not.

If you aren't prepared to talk of everything related to drivers, go ahead and make a "Praise Nvidia driver" thread instead and keep your blessings there.

It's kinda telling that you feel the need to refer to a 30 year old console to make what you feel is a point.
    But no, I don't expect Nintendo to support their 30 year old console, their main interest being a console manufacturer is also getting people to their new console.
    I do however expect a GPU to have mainline support for as long as it's still capable of playing modern games.

You could perhaps argue for a better Legacy support model instead of the normal support model, but stop with this bullshit about a GPU being old and uncapable when it's not. That crap is a toxic to the PC community.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    This must be a confusing way to go through life..."everyone is probably agreeing with me, but they are just too shy to say so."

4. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    You could say the same about your way of thinking. "Everyone else is quiet so they're probably disagreeing with me". See, it works both ways.

You may have your own preferences, but I'd also say you guys' bullying attitudes as soon as someone's thoughts differ from you isn't exactly welcome.

5. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

No one was bullying anybody, Captain Virtue Signaller.

6. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    You can call it what you want kiddo. Just stop with the bullshit from now on when making an argument.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I'm in favor of device support in general to help prevent e-waste, it's a real issue. Replacing hardware that still fits your needs because of drivers is a damn shame.
    That being said, i feel the driver support is good enough for the devices in question here, they support windows 10 fine, and they have game optimization for the older/esport games you're likely to play on those older devices.
    So i agree with Yxskaft in principal, but i don't think it applies to this specific scenario.

Sajittarius and tiliarou like this.
  8. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    what a load of crap.

you want to use a 30fps "console standard" for a performance comparison to desktop parts. well, i'd wager the majority would be believe that to be just pure bullshit.

you seem so obsessed w/consoles.

again you got your kickers in a bunch when someone called an old fermi part . old.

so you think kepler being in the same series will rescue you but then that line leads you to using high end desktop parts? from low end mobile support?

lol, no. but still ok. i have a gtx570 and 780ti sitting in boxes.
    why in boxes?
    because they blow chunks when trying to play modern games. PERIOD. so yes i knew fermi got DX12 support, remember that bench i posted in my first replay?

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/2014144

support ≠ performance. give it a rest. it wasn't support but those <1.5GB ram buffers killed those off long ago. nv fulfilling its promise to dring dx12 to fermi, is why support lasted so long. parroting a press release about an updated API version isn't going to tell you that. btw, vulkan 1.1. was released two years ago . .

i'll just keep repeating, hardware gets old, it won't learn new tricks; see how well RTX works on pascal?

oh i guess nv should support that too? i mean it should give a nice 20fps slide show right? :rolleyes:

9. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    You really should learn when you'd do best to keep quiet. Yet you're still here desperately trying to somehow make yourself have a good argument.
    You're the one who made the pointless claim about all those cards being Fermi, and proven wrong . And then you wanted to make a point about even the GTX 780 Ti being unable to play modern games and once again proven wrong. Stop putting words in people's mouths and accept your own mistakes for just once.

What you believe is quite meaningless in this case. 30 FPS target on consoles is the industry standard, 80+ million console userbase is playing at that. So once again, you can argue that you yourself would never play at that, but stop with the bullshit about old GPUs being uncapable when they're superior to what 80+ million console gamers are playing at.
    It's like a billionare saying all that don't have 100 million are poor. Acceptable in his financial club, but utterly stupid in the public's point of view.

And ye you're right, Vulkan 1.1 was released two years ago. I was actually thinking of Vulkan 1.2, and guess what? That's supported all the way to desktop Kepler and all GCN parts. And both Kepler and GCN are from 2012, so that's an even greater example of old architectures learning new tricks. So thanks for reminding me.

Nvidia made RTX on the RTX cards accelerated by dedicated hardware, Pascal is running it on the shader cores. So you need to differ between actual hardware feature and what's possible to do via software. Driver improvements for games are almost always due to improving the software, a few cases adding hardware support for new DX or Vulkan features in games.
    On that side I'm curious, do you actually complain that Nvidia did decide to support RTX on the high end Pascal parts?

10. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    i am not putting any words in your mouth that 800M is a fermi part as i pointed out before. the keplar parts are 810M or 820M not 800M.

and now you're telling me i am wrong about the parts i have and had been gaming on for years and have provided at least ONE point of reference when your rebuttal is more console gibberish.

there is no point in this discussion you've proven anything.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020

11. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Read the whole thread and you'll realize he meant 800M series. Cyberdyne is one user who realized that.

You can continue thinking the console references are gibberish but then you should always remember that your words about that might be taken as gibberish

12. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    yes, however that is the 800 series. the 800M is a fermi part. and still using high end desktop parts to validate your argument of low end mobile . . parts that I OWN.

and i am very confidential that most all people won't think it's gibberish me calling your console gibberish, gibberish.

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    "800 series" would be for desktop and there never was one, Nvidia jumped directly from 700 to 800 on desktop. 800M and 800M series both exist however, and there's at least one more in this thread who realized that he talked of his 800M series card not being supported.

It's great that you believe in yourself, but remember why people might sneer at that argument.

14. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    its cute you keep avoiding admitting its a fermi part with info i already knew and posted about.

i really don't care what people think of the truth.

15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    We don't know what card he had specifically. Unlikely to be an 800m in a 2000 dollar laptop from back then, but who knows, could be. Also, don't really care that much.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Ok, the game runs fine no black square flashes or those green yellow lights in goro lair @dx11, But only if I play normally.

Once I turn on remote play to use nvidia h264 it starts doing it.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    do you have MSAA enabled globally, i've found it breaks remote play, either splitting the decoded picture into 4 strips in a strip at the top or glitching out.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No.

I also asked the one playing with me how is the picture and he said it was a bit blocky and latency, once i set to fixed 5mibt both were ok, but on my end I still saw those occasional black flashes on characters or other anomalies.

19. cricket bones

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

"kiddo"
    K-rad, d00d.

20. Samus01

Samus01 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI
    I have to quote myself bc it fits here aswell, theres a possible bug with nvidias fps cap being not active while tabbing out of a fullscreen mode game.