GeForce 442.19 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Feb 3, 2020.

1. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    you do know your arguing to support a fermi part, right? NV announced those going EOL a loooonnnnggg time ago pal.

and as far as those still being gaming cards:
    https://www.3dmark.com/spy/2014144

earned me LAST PLACE in a benchmark comp. HA!

2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    The lower end models are Fermi, the higher ones are Kepler. Same for the Geforce 600M and 700M.

If you're going to try lecturing someone, at least check your facts first.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I didn't play much MK11, but when I did I never had crashes, just those black square flashes on certain characters time to time.

with 442.01 beta driver I didn't have any flashes anymore, I think 441.87 was ok too, but I used 442.01 longer.

Speaking of this driver,

Destiny2 plays ok, but I have a question @ManuelG , can those loading transitions be eliminated with driver optimization?

The quickest way is to spawn at Traveler courtyard and then run to hangar, right before you enter there is a small loading hickup, can be reproduced almost all the time.

Im using driver fastsync, latency -on, just vsync it's a little less obvious, but it's still happening.

gfx settings

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Turing only.

5. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Is there any difference between GFE-Beta and stable? MDA5/SHA is the same for both Beta and Stable exes.
    I assume you get all upcoming Beta updates, if there are any, if you have experimental features checked in the stable GFE?

6. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    hey pal, you're the one complaining that nv drops support for gpus that can still game and using the relevant parts, the fact is they cannot.

even if you want to move the goal posts to include kepler, guess what? that arch now blows chunks too.

seriously, if you think i'm lecturing, you've never been lectured.

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Kepler is still supported as minimum for basically all modern games, and the high tiers get better performance than on Xbox One, so cut your crap.

You thought you made a good point, got called out for it not being the case, and continue acting as a hurt and whining child instead of admitting your mistake.

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Tested this driver, caused so many crashes in Witcher 3: Blood and Wine mainly in Toussaint, sometimes it would crash after 15 or so minutes, sometimes it would just crash on loading screen, game have been unplayable with that driver

I reverted back to older drivers which seems are bit more stable in gaming but problems now starting to show up in Blender Cycles and Octane and IRAY as well, hate that

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    We’re aware that some Nvidia GPU’s are experiencing random crashes in MK11 recently. We have reached out and are working close with Nvidia’s support to address this issue in a near future driver update.

Also the game got a beta dx12 update.

EDIT: well dx12 still doesn't have a working DSR.. this is bs fail on both sides nvidia and WD... xD

also when i finish a match there is now a option called nvidia highlights, but nothing happens it stays greyed out.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    xD already said that when you read the capabilities of the monitor directly you can't fake resolutions (easily).

11. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Currently I'm on 442.01 which seems allowed me at least play Witcher 3:Blood and Wine right now,with 442.19 game almost have been unplayable,with 442.01 I'm getting crashes as well but they're not so often as with 442.19,with 442.19 W3 would crash almost every 10-15 minutes in worse case or 6-8 times per 4 hour gaming session

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    These have abnormal black square flashes in mk11, also in goro's lair there are some green flashes.

I used gpu for hw encoding @ remote play if that matters. I didn't try it before, but 442.01 didn't have any flashes like that.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DX12?

14. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    there is no mistake on my end friend; i still have fermi, and kepler parts and they don't game any better anymore. jesus, just look at reviews that show the once mighty 780ti is at the bottom of the list. that is if any review even bothers testing such old parts.

face it buddy, things get old and hardware isn't going to learn new tricks from drivers due to arch limitations. just grow up and move on.

SyntaX likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dx12 runs worse, so I won't be playing with that just yet. I've read dx12 fixed those green/yellow flashes in goro lair, but yeah game runs shitty atm in dx12..

Will try again today without remote play

16. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Being at the bottom of the list means nothing when the performance is still acceptable.

And actually yes, GPU drivers is the one area where we see even old hardware "learn new tricks". The API updates so far have gotten support for back to desktop Kepler and all GCN products.

Face it buddy, the 780 Ti you're speaking down of provides better performance in modern games than the PS4 and that's true no matter what this or that forum user is imagining. Just grow up and move on.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  17. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    being at the bottom of the list means everything when the performance is not acceptable, what? you like 30fps? lmao. you may want to set the bar low to give validity to your immature complaint but its not going to work here. and btw, who the hell cares about consoles? want console performance? then buy a console.

and given you started this complaint over a low end fermi part, congratulations on moving the goal posts, again. old parts won't learn new tricks. take a look at DX12 w/ kepler, maxwell and pascal; it *still* regresses in performance in the latter two arches. turing is the first arch w/complete dx12 support in the hardware. (yes a-sync, i am looking at you)

GCN arch hasn't changed nearly as much over the years; that is a difference and proves the point. though it does open; how many 7990s/7950s you still see gaming?

one third of one percent.

yep totally worth driver support that that huge of a segment :rolleyes:

come out of fantasy land, hardware goes obsolete.

18. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    30 FPS is generally accepted as the minimum performance target, and what the combined 80+ million userbase of the PS4/Xbox platforms are playing at, so just give up already.
    You can come with your crap about your own standards of what is considered playable and acceptable, but when the console is a generally accepted point of reference, don't expect your own made up standards to be taken seriously.

And again, you were the one who started about it being Fermi (which actually do support DX12 and OpenGL 4.6, both making huge difference for emulation). I pointed out that 600, 700 and 800 mobile series cover both Fermi and Kepler, and Kepler is still capable out outperforming the PS4 versions. Move down a tier and they're still better than the Xbox One versions.
    Accept your own mistakes instead of putting words in people's mouths.

Optimizations for HD 7950 encompass the whole 7000 series as well, and the GCN 1 architecture was rebranded alot of times even until the 300 series. And guess what? Even the mobile GCN is still indeed supported.

Again, old parts do learn new tricks. Vulkan 1.1 was released barely a month ago and is supported on Kepler and all GCN models. New DX12 shader models and the latest WDDM models are supported on desktop Kepler and all GCN models.
    Driver regressions for old games do happen for all architectures and are called out for it, new games might use specific Vulkan/DX12 features that the latter architectures excel at compared to the old cards.
    Ultimately, your claim about old architectures being unable to improve is factually wrong.

And as I said in my first post in this thread, why should anyone outside of Nvidia defend lacking support or dropped support? A consumer should never swallow arguments from freaking businesses.

Everyone is free to argue for their side but at least stop with the pure bullshit arguments.

19. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    No it isn't.

20. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    You can say that you'd never want to play at that and that's why you have a 980 Ti, but doing as the other guy and say that it's not capable of playing new games, when it's superior to what 80+ million console users play at, it's a bad argument