Intel Core i9 10900K with 5.1 GHz boost appears in 3DMark specifications

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    The 14nm process is undoubtedly well honed by now as this shows, it will be interesting to see what frequencies Ice Lake for Desktop would do with it's increased IPC. If that is still going to happen.

2. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Not every new architecture got a + after the 14nm, I think for some the process was exactly the same.

3. invincible215

invincible215 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Vega
    I wonder how Intel going to make 10nm or 7nm better than their 14nm+++++ maybe they want to keep 14nm+++++ alive and milk more

Undying likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Amd will be at 5nm and Intel will still milk the 14nm, this just isnt even funny anymore.

5. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Looks like will be a monster CPU for gaming. Oh but I forgot, FPS in games doesn't matter and only C4D/Blender render time matters. Suddenly every home user sold their high refresh rate monitors and has become a visual FX guru and plays games casually at 60hz :D

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Remember that futurama episode when Bender overclocked himself more and more and at the end needed a waterfall for cooling? This chip somehow reminds me of that. :D

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    sverek and tunejunky like this.
  7. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    If this CPU supports 4.0 and if I worked at intel, I would sell 3.0 boards at launch and start selling 4.0 boards after initial sales. Why? Because selling 2 motherboards is better then selling 1 and bad press never stopped sales for Intel...

tunejunky likes this.
  8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The CPUs are going to be good but it´s still the same arch and we need a new MB for it so the interest is low from my end... I think the only way i could be interested in this new platform is if Intel offered a very nice rebate for my current system and even so...
    Let´s see if they drop their prices at least.

9. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    You are not supposed to upgrade CPU every year. Most ppl upgrade CPU every 5-10 years, so you buy new mobo with CPU upgrade. It's non issue in the real world.

10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    go buy today, it will be a beast w/o those vulnerabilities

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    i9-10900K's gaming capability will be very similar to 9900K(S).
    Those extra cores above 6C/12T mean little today for gaming. And having more than 8C/16T will unlikely yield any difference within this year.
    From that perspective, It has only memory clock/latency and core clock*IPC. And that will be very comparable to 9900K(S) in games.

Calling 10C/20T gaming CPU this year or next is not realistic. Even while some call Ryzen 9 3900X/3950X gaming CPUs in attempt to force "Gaming only" comparison and ignore everything else.
    Which is absurd approach since those who get Ryzen 9 chips actually do more than gaming. (Unless ePeen is involved.)

And if some pure gamer gets i9-10900K just for gaming, he'll be wasting money as if he bought Ryzen 9.

Pure gamers may easily look at i5-10600K or i7-10700K as long as they have screens with 240Hz or higher refresh rate.
    People with 144/165Hz screens can enjoy full experience with non-K variants or older generations of non-K CPUs.

Size_Mick and Undying like this.
  12. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Thanks, I never studied the new nomenclature.

13. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense. There's been huge improvements to Ryzen over the years. You really need to take into account the generational performance improvement, which can be substantial in some cases. While your statement makes more sense performance wise on the Intel platform, it's not absolute for Intel either, and it especially doesn't ring true for those with older Ryzen chips who can gain a nice bump in performance. There is no "Supposed to" in the tech enthusiast community.

14. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    0nm ? Is Intel finally ahead of AMD ? NEW TECH FROM ALIENS CONFIRMED ? TSMC IS BARELY AT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /s

15. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Damm That is Fast I give em that much! Won’t be long before Intel breaks the 6ghz Mark very cool! So people either choose intel for overall speed or Amd for overall performance it seems these days. Win win.

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    How can one chip (10900k) be 125w and the none k version be only 65w? That's weird numbers.

17. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Why people with 2 year old Ryzen would need to upgrade? Isn't Ryzen supposed to extremely future proof because of many cores? Your argument goes out the window, because you blame Intel for frequent Mobo revisions, yet you champion frequent CPU upgrades, which like I said before, no one does. Heck, I'm PC enthusiast and I never upgrade CPU more frequently than every 5 years. When 5 years is up, you NEED a new motherboard, because your old one is desperately outdated. Old USB ports, old m.2 ports, everything is old. So like i said before, new Mobo requirement every 2-3 years from Intel isn't that big of an issue.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I'm not championing anything. Intel makes good chips and so does AMD. Though it's nice to have the option to drop in a new CPU if you want better performance is all I'm saying. You can't really argue that Ryzen 3000 offers a pretty decent performance boost over 2K series. It not always about more cores. Per core performance matters also. Otherwise, we would all have been happy with Bulldozer. There was a reason that people were still buying Intel quad cores for all those years.

19. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    Having options in this case is quite nice. It would be really cool if Intel did the same.