Warcraft III: Reforged is Now Live

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I don't think I can ever buy a Blizzard product ever again after discovering that they're being eternally pegged by China and white knighting for them... he said before all his friends pressured him into buying the dumpster fire known as Diablo 4.

2. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Blizzard delivers quality and this is no exception, but the price is awful. Like others have said, 10 € at max is acceptable price. People expected something else from this remaster, but what it is meant to be is as faithful revision as possible without any compromises on gameplay. Cutscenes are altered, which is nice to see, but gameplay with it's interface is loyal to the original. I think they did things mostly right and given the interesting recommended specs, they really focused on the game running well in any scenario avoiding any CPU clog ups.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It is not a quality release, it is a stripped down version of the original with the promised improvements not being implemented.... it is another out of season April fools joke, which is now what Blizzard should be refereed too as.

sykozis likes this.
  4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Do you not like stripped down money grab games? Do you not have phones? Are you not entertained? Do you not love China?

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    May want to look into the issues this game has.

Instead of trying to fix their drivers , AMD chose to support this...

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    .. lol what?

7. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
  8. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I want to also remind people that those who hate Blizzard are actually the customers who pay for everything they release. There is this mentality that you have a right to brag and complain when you have paid for something. This goes further by thinking the customer is entitled to decide in what direction the game should be facing and what even politically the company should do or not do (like the Blizzard appealing to China's demands case). People don't understand, at least concerning video games, that deal is a deal, your first figure out or ask what you will get and then you either buy or not based on the value and other things like ethical values and such.

I myself do not support any overpriced games or other serious anti-customer practices. The games I have bought from Blizzard are Starcraft 2 base game, Diablo 3 + 1 DLC, Overwatch and Diablo 1 GOG release. Haters are those who say don't support something but they still do it nevertheless. They cannot handle the fact they get screwed so they just hate and shout things. Sometimes they may encourage to boycott the company just because their values are different or fool you to buy the same trash product as they did, depending on the situation.
    My personal opinion is that Blizzard makes quality products (so far), but they are known for sucking your wallet dry (World of Warcraft). There is no issue with Blizzard releasing a Diablo mobile game and telling people that everybody has a smartphone, because it's true, and they also did right with China avoiding any political hassle with them, since Blizzard is there for peaceful gaming events, not to address politics. Yet there has not been a single case to really hate Blizzard, since nobody forces you to buy overpriced products like Warcraft 3: Reforged.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  9. Bender82

Bender82 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD fury

warlord likes this.
  10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Last Blizz game i've bought was LOTV , never got into overwatch(too boring for me).

Wanted to try W3, but it seems like an awful EA\Activision money grab attempt.

Blizzard is so dead to me and to many others, this version should be boycotted by everyone, especially those who have the original W3.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Apparently this is no longer possible... they patched / pulled back the original game, iirc? Which is even worse imho.
    Best chance to get the "old" game, if what I've read is correct, is to download a cracked older version. gg blizz... or from now on, gg Activision

moab600 likes this.
  12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    This is pure anti consumer behavior and they should be punished for it.

Blizzard is beyond any redemption now.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not beyond redemption... Blizzard is no more at all. It's just Activision these days... they been absorbed, assimilated... they now are Borg.

Keitosha likes this.
  14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Then it's super game over for them.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    That game should never be released. Now I don't even dare to ask Diablo II remaster to become a reality. They disgust me. New low after the bottom of Diablo : Immortal sinking hole.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't have to be forced to buy a product in order to dislike a companies policies.

For the most part the argument in this thread is that Blizzard doesn't make quality products anymore. World of Warcraft is a shell of it's former self, to the point where they rereleased classic because so many people would rather a 2006 WoW experience than a 2016 one. The Diablo Mobile game that you're referring too, Blizzard didn't even make it, a Chinese company just reskinned their game with Diablo characters. They obviously didn't do the right thing with China because their fanbase had massive backlash. Then you have this game -- which made a bunch of promises and kept few of them, even the recreated art direction is arguably less interesting than the original.

All these things, while individually minor, begin to add up in the eyes of consumers and to a degree potential developers. Upcoming developers/artists, etc - the millennial generation, definitely do care about corporate policy, ethos, etc - if I'm a AAA developer why would I want to work for Blizzard? Everyone hates Blizzard now. They take the wrong stances on things and have essentially become an arm to arguably the worst company in gaming (Activision). They don't take risks. They don't build good games anymore. The games they do have they reforge, promise things, don't deliver. Why would I want to be known for that? This creates a downward spiral where all you're getting is second rate developers instead of people with interesting and original ideas.

Blizzard got rotted out from the inside by Activision - anyone with a brain saw this coming with that merger and now it's starting to show and people are upset about it. I don't need to buy their products or not buy their products to see it.

fantaskarsef and sykozis like this.
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    FFS i was really looking forward to this.

18. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Can you be more specific what you don't like about this game or are you just regurgitating generic talking points from Youtube personalities?

There are plenty WC3 fans who actually like this HD remaster.
    It plays exactly like WC3 (this was the main request from community and main focus for developers).
    It has all new models and textures.
    Basically most people just wanted precise WC3 gameplay with improved visuals and this delivers that.
    Yes, there are some problems, mostly technical ones, but this is what patches and updates are for.

All this drama sounds to me just like typical internet outrage and cancel culture from people who never intended to buy this remaster, no matter how good or bad it turned out.

I'm definitely picking this up when it goes on sale (high price is my main negative with this game), can't wait to relive WC3 story with improved visuals.

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    SCII and W3 remasters are trash compared to AOE: DE and AOE:II DE respectively. Microsoft trampled Blizzard like a cockroach. They should have learned from competition. Activision isn't small.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uh.... you're deluded there warlord, no way is AOEDEII as good as you make it out to be, a game that used a few hundred mb's for function in 200x needs 10GB's free so it doesn't chug in 2020.... lol.

warlord likes this.