Need a little help here please

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by SputNick, Nov 26, 2019.

1. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    So I bought this case and it arrived today, it's AeroCool QUARTZ RGB case, it comes with pre-installed case fans, 3 at the front with RGB capability and one at the back of the case. Each fan has a 3 pin connector that goes to the hub which contains 5 slots, one for each fan, then I "Daisy Chained" the front RGB fans cables and the last 12V GRB header should go to my motherboard 12v RGB header, is this the correct way to do this? I read about a certain configuration that could fry the motherboard, what's a big no-no in such scenario?

[​IMG]
    So one male 12v GRB goes to the next fan's female 12v GRB then the second fan 12v GRB goes to the third and the last third female slot is plugged into the Mobo, the manual is very unclear about this or maybe i missed something, I duno.

Here's the hub btw. I want to control the RGB lights from MSI's software which this hub is supposedly compatible with, do i still need to connect all the hub connectors to their corresponding slots if i don't play to use Aerocool's software? TIA!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    insp1re2600 likes this.
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    if you daisy chain them, you wont need the hub at all?

3. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    I can daisy chain the RGB connectors from Fan 1 to Fan to to fan 3 (All front panel fans) The 3 pin fan connecters still need the hub which then connects to the Mobo's Sys_fan and the PSU's Molex connector.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  4. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    or you could link them to any of the other fan 3 pins on the mobo if you didnt want to use the hub.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. SputNick

SputNick Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GT 610
    That would work but i'm using the hub specifically to avoid fan cables going all over the place inside the case.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  6. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Yeah, I use two Corsair commanders in the back