CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Its not and i dont think they ever will.

2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    What do you mean "patch it back"?

3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Gears 5, Shadow of Mordor, these games are not major releases. I talk about games from studios like CDPR, Bethesda, Rockstar, etc. They make huge open world games which people play for years, but their priority is the procreating console. Gears 5 you will play maybe once and forget about it.

They can always downgrade it if performance are the problem. On thing that you should have in mind is that CBP 2077 is the first person game, so you need to have good framerate to be able to play it properly. Third person games like TW3 you can play even on 25-30 frames. Also the more the game is complex you will have bad performance with that ray tracing nonsense.

Btw, on consoles you don't need to have high res textures because you sit 2 meters from the display. Especially if it's a third person game and you never look at the textures up close.
    Do you know that CDPR in TW3 for some trees use the same technology that Bethesda used in Oblivion. It's a Speedtree old tech where the branches are simple 2 polygon planes which turn and follow your movement. They were forced to use this to achieve good performance.

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well, using your own example there's Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC, which has a long list of enhancements over the console versions like longer draw distances, improved global illumination, sharper shadows, textures, reflections, ambient occlusion etcetera..

No one can deny that the PC version of RDR2 is far superior to the console versions in terms of graphics and performance.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually the difference is so small that it's not even worth to talk about it.

6. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    after finishing TW3 three times ( including B&W and HoS ), i don't think the downgrade in graphics was even relevant.

the game looks amazing. everything about it looks epic compared to 90% of the games that came out - before and after it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Witcher29 likes this.
  7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I agree 100% and also you can toss in Kingdom Come Deliverance which even with the downgrades the game looks stunning,graphics downgrades played no factor in final release and only provided a better game experience with optimization ,compared to beats builds.

Anyway I have never seen this guy before but I found him funny.Guy sounds like some people on Cyberpunk 2077 hype train.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Interview: Gfx will be better than shown so far

https://www.onmsft.com/feature/inte...077s-creation-vr-dlc-nintendo-switch-and-more

"There is some stuff that hasn’t been talked about such as the way that it’s been lit. Our director keeps talking about the real-time global illumination system which we haven’t really seen in its full beauty yet. No one in the public has seen how it’s finally going to look. It’s going to look more breathtaking than we’ve seen so far."

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good good..Ampere + LG CX + RTX On.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  10. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Also just read about the 1st / 3rd person perspective. I didn't know we can choose whether we want 1st/3rd person when we are in a vehicle.

Again, can't wait to chill about on a motorbike. :)

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This is bullshit.
    They have confirmed that performance are the problem, so expect changes. Real-time global illumination by itself means nothing, and this tech is old news. It is new for CDPR because they didn't have this tech before. I just hope that it's not gonna look like TW2/TW3, aka cartoonish.

12. My 2080 TI (EVGA one) just sold at eBay auction for 890 USD (Well - with tax was like 960 for the buyer)

13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    if you're referring to the EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC i have the exact same one @K.S. Weren't you satisfied with the card? i love mine.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Damm I pre-ordered this game,does
    CD Projekt RED not know that I was waiting for this game.Hurry the hell up and fix that performance crap.
    @K.S.
    I say smart for ditching the card at a good price now.If your going to buy new GPU ,maybe best time to get some money back on RTX 2080Ti.
    GTX1080Ti and RTX 2080 and not getting any good cash these days and are a hard sell.I stopped using EBAY also to many scammers ,especially on video cards.
    I was trying to dump RTX 2080 cards awhile back and no one was buying at a good price and even straight up trading a RTX 2080 for AMD 5700XT and no takers.

15. Oh yes definitely best card I’ve owned so far but had to swap for a card that will fit a new build I’m doing. Just finished selling everything in my old build. Parted out my previous components to afford what I’m replacing for in this: https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-0080-00001
    Went with a 2080 TI FE card. My EVGA was the XC BestBuy 3-slot version...

Yeah - just a build swap for me, moving from the office where I was working from home to my bed-room where I have far less space. Funny you mention eBay; I've used it since... 2014 or so and lately I get the most bizarre messages; even on auctions I've setup. I'll grab one for our reading pleasure lol... be right back...

EDIT: "Hello
    I m very interested your item
    I d like to offer you $110 + FREE shipping right NOW
    Could you set fixed price of buy it now
    Waiting for you"

To which my confused thinking is ... it is an auction... bid on it??? but being the nice and kosher person I am... I reply

" Damn all $110 just for meeeeee!!! Noooooo waaay?!!!! Omg omg omg! That’s like sooo much money I have never seen that much money "

Them lol

"Ok, $200
    just fix the price"

??

Me again

"
    Listing has been revised to accommodate Best Offers; happy shopping!"

Ofcourse this individual never submitted their offer nor bid on the item and it went to someone who actually bid... which I assumed... I did wonder if they were someone with the same item posted trying to better their chances but never cared to check ... that stuff is becoming more and more common on good ole eBay lately

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2020
    XenthorX likes this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yep, but it seems that 3080 ti wont come at 3000 series launch... they will likely do that titan crap they usually do... 3080 with mid sized chip, titan with the big chip for an absurd amount of money... then a year later you can get the same big chip as the titan in the 3080 ti for a little less...

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    wondering which organ i will sell this year.

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  19. So it's 2080TI. I wonder if they are trying to prepare us, what kind of GPU to expect in recommended specs :)

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Prepare for no social life when this hits shelves...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.