Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD just released a new driver, this release adds support for Warcraft III: Reforged and Journey to the Savage Planet. It also addresses a number of fixes as shown on the download page.

Download

Support For
    • Warcraft III: Reforged™
      • With high presets on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 11% better performance playing World of Warcraft® III: Reforged™ with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.1.4 than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3.RS-331
    • Journey to the Savage Planet™
    Fixed Issues
    • Red Dead Redemption 2™ may experience square or blocky textures on some terrain during gameplay when using Vulkan® API.
    • Some Vulkan® API games may experience a crash or application hang when performing a task switch while Radeon Image Sharpening is enabled.
    • Text overflow is observed in toast messages for some languages.
    • Radeon ReLive may fail to switch recording to desktop when Radeon Software is open.
    • Grand Theft Auto™ 5 may experience a system hang or black screen at launch, when opening Radeon Overlay while in game, or after performing a task switch while in game.
    • Audio may intermittently be missing from Radeon ReLive recordings near the end of recorded clips.
    • Integer Scaling option is not showing up or available on some Windows®7 system configurations.
    Known Issues
    • A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark.
    • Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
    • Multiple games may have very dark or very bright graphics in game when HDR is enabled in Windows®.
    • Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.
    • The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
    • Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
    • Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.

2. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    What's a mode change?

3. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    resolution/ refresh rate / color depth change

4. morrk

morrk Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    This is the first driver in quite some time I'll skip. 20.1.3 has been an absolute dreamboat and I really don't want to tempt fate.

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    yea i'm skipping too. temp to install just for the sake of doing it lol, but Im good also.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same here, not gonna install these when everything seems to be working.

7. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    So, "support for" Journey to the Savage Planet was important enough to implement, but that last Known Issue is still a thing? Waiting continues. Neat-O AMD...

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    19.50.15 up to 19.50.17 so not just smaller build number changes this time.

Blacklist for GTA V and Radeon Image Sharpening. (Curious, far as I know support is all but over and GTA V does not do AMD CAS unless a new update added it in recently.)

<application Title="GTA5" File="GTA5.exe">
    <use Area="BOOST">GTA5Profile</use>
    <use Area="RIS">RISBlacklistProfile</use> <- This bit is new.
    </application>

Also for the 32 and 64 bit clients for Heroes of the Storm as new profiles.

<application Title="Heroes Of the Storms(32-bit)" File="HeroesOfTheStorm.exe">
    <use Area="RIS">RISBlacklistProfile</use>
    </application>
    <application Title="Heroes Of the Storms(64-bit)" File="HeroesOfTheStorm_x64.exe">
    <use Area="RIS">RISBlacklistProfile</use>
    </application>

HighPerfGPU for Dragon Ball Z Kakarot

<application Title="Dragonball Z KAKAROT" File="AT.exe">
    <use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>
    </application>
    <application Title="Dragonball Z KAKAROT(Win64)" File="AT-Win64_Shipping.exe">
    </application>

And for Ghost Recon Breakpoint and what seems to be a upcoming Vulkan API implementation to this game.

<application Title="Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (Vulkan)" File="GRB_Vulkan.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (Vulkan) for Uplay+" File="GRB_Vulkan_upp.exe">
    </application>

New profile for Journey to the Savage Planet also for PXDynamic and the HighPerfGPUAffinity flag.

<application Title="Journey to the Savage Planet" File="JTTSP.exe">
    </application>

Exe name change for Rainbow Six Siege and it's Vulkan exe file.

<application Title="Rainbow 6: Siege (Vulkan)" File="Rainbowsix_vulkan.exe">
    </application>

(Was scimitar_engine_win64_2017_p_vulkan.exe likely for the development exe name.)

And (Sniper) Zombie Army 4

<application Title="Zombie Army 4: Dead War" File="za4_dx12.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Zombie Army 4: Dead War (Vulkan)" File="za4_vulkan.exe">
    </application>

(So same as Strange Brigade then and D3D12 and VLK API's are used again by the game.)

So yeah a number of changes to the profile file this time. :)

wirapuru, Jackalito, Embra and 6 others like this.
  9. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I'm curious what has changed in ubisoft. First they started more often to partnership with amd, now they are starting to implement vulkan api in their games. Few days ago out of curiosity i did force siege to start with vulkan .exe but when game launched it went into main menu, displayed massage about vulkan api not being supported yet and closed the game right when i did hit enter.

Maybe next ac will be running on vulkan by default, that would be huge.

P.S.
    Siege update 4.3 introducing vulkan launches January 28th.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, 20.1.3 is working just fine for me though. But JonasBeckman indicates profile,etc improvements. Decisions, decisions.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Just Dooo Eeeet!!

geko95gek and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Hrm... thats a new one

13. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    I'm keeping this one - first driver after 19.12.1 that works so far for me (had blank screen with 20.1.3 with one of the streaming services I use). So far installed just drivers, though contemplating to install the rest.

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Played a couple of hours in Overwatch.
    All is fine.

Jackalito likes this.
  15. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    good driver

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Jackalito likes this.
  17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nice driver. All smoothish and OK. The same day with new windows 10 cumulative update.

18. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    This was also happening on my Vega 56 with a HP 25x monitor using Displayport, especially when transitioning from 144 Hz to 60 Hz and back. That's quite annoying as most of my games default to 60 Hz after a fresh installation. But once set, everything is alright.

19. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Scared to try it, all 2020 drivers have had screen flickering along the way...

20. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    This is an issue I don't have, but you can try this: Global Display - Overrides - Voltage Swing @ 1 and PreEmphasis @ 2

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020