Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I wouldn't say that.
    Just because it's been a year, doesn't mean the backlash over the exclusivity deal wasn't justified.

Kolt likes this.
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    When it releases on Steam, depending on price, I may give the game a better look.
    I tried it out on the Gamepass, but also read that the Win10 Store version has some issues that were never fixed.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I believe I was commenting on how fast a year went by for me as apposed to my absolute disgust at the decision of exclusivity pushing back the proper release of the video game by 1 whole year.

AsiJu likes this.
  4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Time flies when you're having "fun" at work, I guess... Funny how quickly the year went. I have to say, after the initial release and the backlash, Metro kinda disappeared form the news. I don't remember much coverage for the DLC's. Oh well, I'll get it once it's being sold in some complete edition.

5. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i don't think you missed by not playing it earlier. game is forgettable, still worth the time but nothing extraordinary.

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I've heard that from a couple of sources by now. It's why waiting wasn't an issue for me. It does seem like a game that I'd pick up after some discount. I'm looking forward to Control more than Exodus.

7. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
  8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Why do u need a new patch ? the game is fine how it is @ least for me.

9. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    There are bugs.
    1. Valve 15-round semi-automatic upgrade is missing or they just hid somewhere.
    2. New Game + bad weather modifier causes sandstorm from the Desert to proliferate to Taiga and Dead City subway tunnels. In general the bad weather just turns on and off suddenly, does not feel natural.

10. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed. I even got the game available on Xbox PC but haven't gotten around to install it yet. Now suddenly I realize that the Steam release is probably just a couple of weeks away.

12. HellInHeaven

HellInHeaven Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    That game looks neat man

13. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Clean and manually optimized Win 10 installation, latest Nvidia drivers, and this game just randomly crash with or without error, being unplayable..., im using

Ultra preset with hairwork and physx OFF
    RTX on ultra, No DLSS

some people are saying that oc tools is making this title to crash, but im only using it to set the fan speed to 80% (currently a very hot summer is kicking the temps)

14. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    What is the error?
    What do you mean by manually optimized Win 10 installation?
    Which CPU?
    How much RAM?
    Has the game ever worked? If so, what changed?
    Does the game crash cause computer to lockup which requires a hard reboot?

I would temporarily disable all other applications. Check the Event Viewer. This game has a bug trap and dump/log files.You can send them to tech support at https://techsupport.metrothegame.com/

Nekrosleezer likes this.
  15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Play in dx11 that should fix it.

16. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    1. Can't really see the error because i cant open the logfile, but the game crash and immediatly got a message about the logfile and sending email
    2. Just basics things like disabling some unnecesary services,apps, and windows effects
    3. Ryzen 5 2600X (i know theres a little of bottleneck, but its ok for 1440p)
    4. 2 x Gskills FlareX 3200 mhz (i have the mobo bios updated for better memory support)
    5. Used to play the game with a GTX 1070 TI (in DX11)
    6. Answer 1

17. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    1. Submit error to tech support if you have not done so already.
    2. You will have to search for the cause by trial and error. Temporarily disable RTX and start the game. Change to DX11 and start the game. Try any other game. If your GTX 1070 Ti is still available, put it back and try to run the game with DX12.
    3. Do you get any BSODs?

Nekrosleezer likes this.
  18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    1 year is soon over, no?

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You can currently buy the dlc for the game on Steam... I guess they wanted to sell dlc to the few people lucky enough to pre-order it before the game was removed from Steam.

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    1. already did it
    2. Will try this
    3. Not on this game, but i was playing Red dead redemption 2 at almost max settings yesterday and i got a crash freezing the system and i had to hard reset.

I have two things that is worrying me , first, reading the memory support for the latest bios of my mobo (Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi) i noted that my two Gskills FlareX 3200 mhz (CL16)are not on the list but instead, the CL14 version of this memory is supported on the list . Second, i using an old ( but one year of use) model of PSU Seasonic S12II 620W which some people dont recomend for today hardware, im also using 2 pcie samsung 970 EVO (1TB + 250GB) + 850 EVO 128GB. I have monitored temps and everything is good (including PSU), my cpu ryzen 5 2600x is running with the amd wraith prism cooler . The only oced hardware are the memories which are using the XMP profile. I can buy a new PSU next week, thinking of a EVGA 1000 GQ or even an EVGA 1000 supernova PQ platinum, these are almost the best i can find in my country, there are Seasonic Focus gold from 650 to 850w at the same price too.

My system used to rarely "crash to desktop" when playing RDR2 with my old GTX 1070TI (i still have it), but is interesting that now, playing Control on max settings can run for hours with no issues, but this game doesn´t use all the CPU like the other games like Metro Exodus or RDR2, which let me to think that the problem is between the PSU and memory support.