CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Over 95% of the developers does not do this, and they develop primarily for the consoles. Remember Skyrim and low res/console textures on the PC version, lack of AO, low polycount, etc.
    The thing is that they don't want PC version to look much better, because you know console users do not like this.

warlord likes this.
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null

Witcher game series downgraded, especially their "atmosphere" and next gen visuals. Not releasing to new consoles since day 0, is an extremely bad sign of lazy developing.

RTXonlife and RTgasm is not gonna save the day even for the fanboys sleeping with their RGB PC as girlfriend. Just hoping for a future patch improving things here and there.

They should be prepared at 100% before 2020's ending. Now they blame current generation consoles for the delay. WTF! I smell a huge visual fiasco, worse than Witcher's 3.

I really wanted to play E3 Witcher 3 like many of you want to play E3 Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Witcher 3 was the most degraded game released to date non fanboys say, and I am at their side.

CD Projekt Red admitted it. This was the only way for performance, they didn't have money to develop a version for each platform.

Now Cyberpunk 2077 is 5 years in development and 7 years announced. It would be better for PC gamers to have it a year or two before all consoles to avoid serious degradation. That's a fact.

Instead they slow down the release to fix consoles' problems. Where are the rumors? False hopes feed to feel pure PCMR in our veins lead us to a dying industry.

serbicu likes this.
  4. Pointless rumors feeding hate even before release. Most of these "insiders" are just hateful people following their own agenda.

And honestly I can't imagine this game being anymore "downgraded" from what we saw in the latest gameplay videos.

Carfax and Mufflore like this.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It will be the most anticipated game this year, from what I have seen so far, it will be a new paradigm in gaming.
    I dont take any notice of the bunk.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    There are lots of examples to the contrary as well. Just recently, Gears 5 had noticeably better character textures on PC than the X1X, just for starters.

But even years ago this was the case. Shadow of Mordor was a cross gen title several years ago and even that had better textures on PC compared to last and current gen consoles.

The PC version is often the best in terms of performance and graphics, whether by a little or a lot.

Also, if CDPR wanted parity this time with CBP 2077, why would they include Ray tracing technology? The PC version will serve as the foundation of the PS5 and XSX versions when they are released, likely next year.

So they cannot downgrade it like they did with the Witcher 3.

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Better textures is quite meh compared to how it was fifteen years ago. Take DOOM 3 for Xbox for example, its settings were all lower than lowest, as well as having remade levels to fit into the RAM constraints. Far Cry Instincts was a whole different game from Far Cry on PC.
    Last gen, Crysis 3 on consoles was also lower than lowest, though the game itself was the same otherwise. Battlefield 3 and 4 were restricted to 24 player mp compared to PC's 64.

Today, almost all games are exactly the same on PC, and the PC can just bruteforce the higher resolution and framerates, and might get some further improvements that are cheap/easy to include.

I'd guess raytracing is included because it's on Nvidia.
    I also suspect though that CDPR was more ambitious with its tech for Cyberpunk because they intend for it to be a re-release for the PS5 and Series X. Same deal for Red Dead Redemption 2 I believe.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Higher framerates and resolutions is what the majority of PC games want anyway, no one will be happy with paying £1k for a GPU and getting 1080/30. No matter how good it looks.

It's not like this game has ever been something special visually anyway, and certainatly not a game that was not possible on console.
    The excitement has (mostly) been about atmosphere and gameplay and people like myself who like CDPR but dislike fantasy genres like Witcher.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    *Cough*

[​IMG]

*Cough*

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They literally said the one of the main reasons for the delay is the unsatisfying performance on current gen consoles. So i really hope they'll wait up the next gen and then release the game along with the PC version.

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why do you always sound like an extremist eco-terrorist in every thread. W3 is still one of the better looking games with its artistic design and world physics.

Grimbarian likes this.
  12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Jeez, i didn't realise they were that much now in the US. My brother in law paid around £1,000 which works out at around $1,100 when you remove VAT, so thought $1k was fair.

I know, but visually the game doesn't look like it isn't possible on current hardware so further optimisations does not instantly mean downgrade time.
    Let's be honest, by the time the game comes out owners of the X1S etc.. will be more than used to games that run at 720/30 with dips below that.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohh, this is AU dollars, I wouldn't mind buying a video card from the US because they are so cheap but the sites I've looked at in the past don't ship to Australia because of.... obvious reasons..

14. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ah right, that makes more sense.

Is it really that cheap though? The cheapest 2080ti i saw was around 1200 USD, which works out at around 1,930 AUD if Google is correct with the 10% sales tax you pay and that is included in the prices you listed.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That's really cool!

Just looked at a card I want to get and I would still be saving 54 dollars if purchased from American Newegg.. prices are just so messed up in Australia since the mining rush.... and... well.. just messed up in general regardless of country.

Exchange Rate 9___9

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It's not even close to e3. Oversaturated, less effects, worse textures, changed everything. W3 was nine years of its time ahead. Suddenly it reduced to hold only three years. Pick your poison. Back to thread, we expect many things from cyberpunk and consoles degradation already is happening. We just hope to stop the fall. Perhaps it was better to be released with versions of next generation consoles when ready. Not current generation ones. We all know, we all understand the difference between true pc game and a port based one. Let's pray for many patches.

If it was ready for pc they shouldn't have wait consoles performance to smooth out or next GPUs scenario all here thinking. Something seems wide of the mark. :rolleyes:

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is how i got my hands on a rare set of DDR3 to complete a triple channel kit as well as bought a gtx 1060 founders from nvidia when they weren't selling local.

KissSh0t likes this.
  19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well last gen was severely memory constrained, so of course the difference was greater then.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. To me, PC gaming still has a worthy advantage over console gaming. Even the Witcher 3 which is often criticized for being downgraded had noticeable enhancements over the console versions, with longer draw distances for vegetation and shadows, and a much better form of ambient occlusion in HBAO+.

Plus Hairworks on the monsters and creatures was definitely a good improvement over the base models.

Also, the texture quality on PC in the Witcher 3 is consistent compared to the base consoles. Witcher 3 on the base consoles looked and played terribly compared to the PC version!

Not just ray tracing though. CBP 2077 will have 4K textures as a standard unlike Witcher 3, which used 2K textures.

Witcher29 likes this.
  20. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.