Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.1.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    not quite that low but lower and was getting 65fps few more tweaks and driver will be optimized I recon

i tell a lie with vulkan i was getting 37fps

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You know that's the rub to all this. The reason for the downclocking of the gpu was that RTG needed to optimize the Uarch for that game. Once they did it the clock rates haven't been a problem for the games I play. I can even use MSI A/B now.

3. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Ok installed the driver now - removed the old one with DDU before hopefully everything will be fine

+ Why does the Display Driver Installer mess up with the USB ports? Idk nearly every time i'm installing the amd display driver stuff stuff like the mouse or headsets gets re-setup by windows ..
    i had the latest chipset drivers installed. This makes me really mad + the anoying sound playing from the new installer when it starts ... tbh amd needs to really needs to address that crap

edit:
    I checked the device manager for hidden devices and all re-detected usb devices were there multiple times from previous 'upgrades' .. good job amd .

4. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Implying that it ONLY happened to me? Ok...

wirapuru likes this.

5. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    dont worry mate i dont think he understands what the browser problems are

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Browser problems never ceased to exist. Just became more rare. For example, try opening more than a realistic amount of videos simultaneously and they will crash with the green screen during play.

Passus likes this.
  7. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    hmm well I opened 8 you tube windows /vids 4k hdr apart from slowing my internet speed all ran perfect no crash and Passus you are right I dont have browser probs never had and never will so no I dont know what they are (I used chrome btw ) I will test all the others Just seems to me that you create problems btw why would you want to open more than a realistic amount of vids ??? only got one set of eyes

Theres a trick ,,,,, always maintain your computer

8. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    and why spend time digging at other people I was just stating a fact I have owned a computer shop for about 25 years since the days people used to ask me "whats a PC" if I can run a test or 2 on my pc for you just ask ??? what else can I say

9. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Just out of interest run adwcleaner also theres a link to malwarebytes in the cleaner install and run that let me know what it finds if anything (if you havent already)

10. wirapuru

wirapuru Member

GPU:
    5700 XT Nitro+
    Just to take into account, I also have "browser issues" since I got this 5700 XT 2-3 months ago. They day I changed from the 1070, playing more intensive games + watching videos on the other monitors is a mess - and that's what I used to do 100% of the time whenever I have 1 hour off work. Then I searched around and found the dreaded hardware acceleration issue. And yes, I also have the eventual black screen.

Am I happy with the card? Getting 60+ FPS @1440 with most recent games and great visual quality? AMD community and their constant updates to the far superior control panel? Yes to all previous answers.

But also a YES for when I had a hassle-free life every time a new game comes out, or (also, their fault sometimes) Chromium devs change some core stuff regarding the hardware handling layer - or Microsoft with their f***ed up Windows 10 system and updates.

Anyways, I'm patient and the recent changes on both business, tech and overall software updates-wise from AMD makes me an optimistic as well, so in the end I feel I made the right choice to go back to AMD after almost 10 years I've went Nvidia and didn't want to look back until Navis.

Here's hoping for the next updates. I'm grateful for AMD's efforts, but also to some extremely helpful and savvy people around here, I'm sure we wouldn't have half of the fixes if well-intentioned people reported and analyzed issues around here.

OnnA likes this.

11. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    us navi owners just need a way to lock the clocks or set a minimum clock that works

other than that the card does indeed run nearly all titles on ultra settings 1440p 60fps

its the clocks that are too agressive in their downclocking and can jump 100's of mhz up or down for seemingly no reason sometimes

12. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    It's quite easy for me to prove if it's a driver problem, 19.12.2, 19.12.3, 20.1.1, 20.1.2 and 20.1.3 all cause the problem of disappearing and reappearing textures in Modern Warfare.
    19.12.1 doesn't cause the problem and drivers prior to 19.12.1 are ok as well.

13. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Ok with ref. to browsers just ran 3 vids at once on firefox no issues on my pc will test opera now

5 vids open in opera no issues Edge the same no issues

\trying to help but I cant get anything to crap out

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  14. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Pretty sure the browser issues were when running other things at the same time, like a game on the other screen.

15. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    ok ill try

16. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    ok just ran rdr2 and crysis 3 and 2 x firefox with vid 2x chrome with vid All worked fine if not a bit slow no crashes at all incedently I am running ryzen 9 3900x ,rog strix rx 5700 xt ,3200 ram 32gb , x570 gaming f mobo oh and it was downloading worms from origin at last

and did a few alt tabs
    All at once . so what is different about my PC ?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    Michael Lange likes this.
  17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    @Passus Can you log the following with GPU-z and note the time when the BlackSOD happens? GPU, Memory, SOC, Load, Controller Load, Power Draw, GPU Voltage and Memory Voltage.
    BTW I enabled Anti-Lag and no problems so far.

18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    it hasnt happened on 20.1.3 mate.... yet

i do have hardware accel disabled in browsers and discord also though

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Then you can't really add anything to the discussion now can you. :D

20. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I meant if the issue was so obvious, wouldn't it show up in Youtube videos? It isn't very rare/random for you, right?