Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/es5zt7/apparently_n10xle_5600xt_is_a2_stepping/

Interesting. :)

And there's at least improvements to efficiency from what it looks like.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Anyhow I have been sick all month since new years day...finally better. First day sitting in front of my pc. I was messing with 5700XT voltage, with one of the tools I have available to me I am able to adjust the memory voltages. Well now my 5700 XT will hit Firestrike 32700 graphics all day long with +50mV bump to the memory voltage. There is a drawback though as it will raise some of the gpus temps. I spent most of the day trying to tweak some of the voltage to bring my temps down as it raised my junction temp about 12 degrees to 82 after this first run. Was a bit higher on this first run.

So I thought I would share one of the things holding the 5700 XT back and it is indeed the memory voltage that AMD has set it at. I have Samsung GDDR 6 which the specs sheet state it can run safely up to 1.45 mV stock on the 5700 XT is .850 mV. With my +50mV bump to .900 mV allows the core to actually run at a higher clock. Also the vram can be clocked higher then what I did in this run.

/edit Before anyone says I have two 2 5700 XT, yes I do, however crossfire does not work with Firestrike. Firestrike is DX 11, navi does support DX 12 explicit mGPU so the 2nd card is not being used.

[​IMG]

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21616626

/edit update now graphics is at 33020
    https://www.3dmark.com/fs/21618188

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    SpajdrEX likes this.
  4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Hmmh here I am thinking about going water on my pc. Bought miself 3900x and my 5700xt is reference. Could maybe do a custom loop.

Maddness likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I flashed mine with the 5700XT mech bios and the EvokeXT bios, the evoke had better power usage but both produced high temps

for now im just using more power tool as it can do the same job

I asked this before but does anyone know what msi's stance is on repasting the gpu?
    it has a warranty sticker on one screw

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    mtrai : Welcome back mate, good to hear you feel better, can say same for myself :)
    btw. nice score you got there

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  9. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega

Thanks man...While I have had this particular non public tool for a while I never touched several of the voltage controls it gave me access to. I think I am understanding AMD reasoning on setting the vram voltage to the level they did and it is due to the heat. Even though Samsung GDDR6 is safe to 1.45 does not mean you should actually run it at that. It needs some beefy cooling. I not in the danger zone and still have some head room thanks to full waterblock. Though this has gotten me wondering what nvidia is setting the default on their samsung 14gb GDDR6 vram to.

I use 3 loops in my system. One for each GPU and one for my cpu. My scores are all based on things being overvolted. I tend to drop my cpu overclocks a lot and voltage when I am benching GPUs to eliminate that as a possible stability issue during benching stability testing of the gpu overclocks. 2 d5 pumps with 360 rads with full waterblocks and hate to say just an corsair aio 115 something with a 280 rad. I had a custom loop on the cpu but it did not perform any better then this particular AIO.

10. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    What country are you in? This is the part that really matters for repasting etc. If in the USA those stickers are void under federal law and cannot be enforced. It does vary by country.

Truth to that....if you are using soft power play table there is no reason to flash it especially if you are using morepowertool

Passus likes this.

11. Oline8992

Oline8992 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    Is there a Navi10 bios editor out there yet? I want to undervolt my RX 5700 XT in bios..

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
  13. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
  14. MustangIsBoss

MustangIsBoss Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700XT (ref)
    Read through all of this thread over the past few days, been interesting. My 5700XT is like yours, a reference (Sapphire) that can only really run 1815mhz on the memory. What I found really surprising, was when I started Superposition after changing the core clock and voltage limits in MPT, it firstly ran at those settings as a new default (2300mhz target and 1350mv), boosting to around 2150mhz max on my reference cooler. I didn't have baselines to compare properly to, so I don't really know how well it scaled, but I didn't see a huge improvement compared to my current settings.

As part of my investigation, I found a comment of yours about how the performance only really scales if the memory frequency is increased. Obviously I didn't want to run that voltage daily, so it's now at 2100mhz target and 1180mv, which is just something I chose for solid stability, could tweak it for lower voltages eventually. As well, which memory timing control setting should I run if I suspect I have Samsung memory due to it being a reference card?

Been wondering how to change the memory voltage to see if I could get higher clocks without ECC kicking in, but none of the tools I've tried so far have the option for me. I tried AMDMemoryTweak, I read someone's comment on reddit on how they changed their VRAM voltage with it, saw screenshots of the options. But when I downloaded the tool, none of the options are available other than timings.
    [​IMG]
    I was suprised when I saw the option in your screenshot here, double-check my MPT and there isn't an option for the two memory voltages, nor a clear way to enable them in the feature menu. Are these options available in the public release, or do you have a beta version?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Tests (New drivers & Price drops):
    5600XT + 5700

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Rx5700 is insanely good deal. I would definetely flash the XT bios on it. :p

OnnA likes this.
  17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    No need to flash .. more power tool does exactly the same job with nearly zero risk, just dont go mad on power

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Undying likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Max OC

SpajdrEX likes this.
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So in short: CHill is Great :p
    We can still use RTSS.... ( it's just one-click for me)

20. MSIMAX

MSIMAX Active Member

GPU:
    3x 290x cfx
    testing 20.1.4 with my liquid devil and found when using MPT and making any changes will cause the driver to go missing like its uninstalled until i delete the PPT