Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.1.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    Using latest drivers, 20.1.3. Got a black screen this morning while browsing and listening to a song on YT; screen went for a split second all green and then solid black but the music was still going on fine, so I tried a little stupid trick: I turned the monitor off and then back on, and wouldn't you know it? It worked.

rafaelluik likes this.
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm,
    Open up Radeon Settings > Settings (Cog Icon) > Display > Overrides > Agree to terms
    Set: HDCP Support from Enabled to Disabled and follow the prompts
    Once completed give it another 24 hours and see if you get any BS.

Update:
    No BS since installing these drivers.

OnnA likes this.
  3. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    Okay, disabled HDCP now.

4. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Got another black screen playing WOW. This driver fixed nothing

5. djhuzi

djhuzi Guest

GPU:
    AMD Rx 480 8gb
    I have the same issue of last version: for streaming, the editor scene give me 2 object (camera and indicator) with name "unknown", and i can't delete it. When i try to add some banner or other, the editor stop wotk, or give error, or simply don't make nothing. Please can someone help me? I perform a clean update with DDU, reset setup, ecc...

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    People should get an expensive and good dp to hdmi cable if they do not have dp port on the monitor. Hdmi is the trash connection, only for TV is good. Picture quality is superior, more bit depth at same hz, more color profiles. Better bios and windows 10 safe mode support, native HD resolution. I cannot get back to hdmi ever.

I do not really care if my monitor was freesync capable only from hdmi. I ditched freesync vrr for image quality. Try this out. I personally use the best one available cac-1082 from club 3d.

Perhaps you will finally fix black screens and other bugs. Hdmi is a TV connection. No PC. I kinda understand why gsync is a pure dp lover.

7. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Are you seriously trying to defend AMD with nonsense, or does it only seem that way?

rafaelluik and warlord like this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Did I seem happy to you? What defence? I choose willingly to ditch freesync capability to get stability and better image quality with pixel perfect clarity especially resolution. I wanted to share my experience. I've had enough with black screen or blinking, or forced restart from black screen horror stories.

9. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    are you sure that reason of blackscreens and crashes is HDMI connection?

warlord likes this.
  10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I'm positive. At least for me, it solved everything I was experiencing and gave me more, except the removal of freesync.

11. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Couldn't make out your state, but your reasoning seems quite flawed to me. HDMI is a standard, which AMD should properly support. We're not arguing for or against VGA here.

HDMI gave you lesser picture quality with same resolution and refresh rate?

Don't know which monitor you're using, but, if I understand you correctly, my monitor is the opposite - Freesync isn't supported through HDMI. Which is why I've bought another, this time VESA certified DP cable...still getting a black screen after waking PC.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its not. Im also using hdmi not dp and didnt see a single black screen.

Freesync works fine via hdmi btw.

13. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    I never had black screens when used old fullhd 60hz screen with DVI.
    Then i bought LG full hd 75hz with freesync via HDMI and this madness is began

i really tired of this, i dont know what to do. I ordered better HDMI cable, but i dont think it help...

I need to make this crap stable

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  14. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Those who are having black screens, please specify what exactly you mean by that. Are any settings like anti-lag, RIS etc enabled? I will test with some of the settings on.

Passus likes this.

16. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Black screen is something like bsod, PC goes absolutly dead, only restart working. And sound goes like BZZZZZZZZZZZZ if something was playing in moment of crash
    No, default settings, freesync enabled 75hz.

Now i disabled freesync on screen and in driver, it only goes 60hz in that mode. Lets see how it will work.

I was thinking it is PSU issue, i have 850watt Chieftec, I was connected with 1 8pin pcie cable splitted to 6+8 on GPU, But i connected two separate cables for each connection on GPU. No result. It is not PSU. And furmark is stable.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    MaCk0y likes this.
  17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Basically the display loses signal but system continues to run so only hard reset fixes it

MaCk0y likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Didnt see anything like it and my PC is on 12h a day.

19. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Actually, don't remember the last time I had a black screen when gaming - it is a system lock-up in my case, Firefox with HW Acceleration included. Only black screen I get is when waking PC from sleep.

20. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I've tried different settings - doesn't seem to be the catalyst... Most games just work.